JCPenney
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Cashier/Sales738 reviews
A lot was always going on, too much drama between the employees. The manager gave me no hours really and let me go after one month of working my butt off. But that’s life right.
They do not respect anyone and maneger and supervisors always buss you and always you see them on floor to buss another employee, they never respect you in front of customer and they will fire you soon of work if you have more than two complain.
Pros
25% discount for employee
Cons
Less paid with low hours
Horrible management who picked favorites, management itself was very rocky because most of the managers are new. Fun coworkers. The managers and company really only care about credit and if you get applications you instantly matter. If not you are threatened to have your hours cut.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
unprofessional environment
Training practically on your own, managers act bothered when asked a question. Other than a few favorites management acknowledges, the rest are treated poorly.
Pros
Easy hiring process, good employee discount
Cons
Management not interested in helping the employee improve.
Do not put all your trust in this company. It's a mild stepping stone to help you get where your looking to go................
........Strongly advised plotting on a better oppurtunity.
It’s a good place to work to gain experience. I worked part time so they scheduled me when I was available. Some of the employees could do better by doing the job they were hired for.
very demanding and hot with no A/C the mangers will switch everyday sum were nice and some were very rude and over the top about there job I really didn't like it once it got to the end of my assignment because it was around the holidays and everyone was stressed out about the business and how sales were going so it was a good experience in the beginning but at the end everything got ruff
I appreciated them hiring senior citizens, I really liked working for them over the holidays, I love their products, the Ann Arbor store was clean and well organized. Management and employees friendly and helpful. I really liked working with the customers , the bad thing about JCPENNEY is if you are hired as a cashier they put more emphasis on getting credit card applications than catering to the customers. They have 10 minutes meeting every morning and 8 out of the 10 min they talk about getting credit applications. I left because I thought I was hired for cashiering and customers assistance not to push credit card applications.
Pros
Great products, great employees and management.
Cons
Emphasizing and pushing credit card card applications
They definitely put their employees and customers 1st! They were constantly giving us some sort of incentive. I worked here one Christmas just for fun. I absolutely LOVED it!
Horrible, they pick with you if you don’t do things at they pace, VERY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL. Had a hurricane warning in my area besides going somewhere safe they wanted me to come to work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JCPenney?
The workers only talk to people they know and you only get a lot of hours if you’re good friends with the managers. There’s a lot of freedom though with when you take your lunch and you can easily ask for different times to work.
All of the management is for the people is for their employees. They have a great cashier supervisor it does not make you feel intimidated at all very approachable all of the employees and the customers even are fantastic
I've been working here for awhile. The store has it's ups and downs. It definitely needs remodeling...registers are outdated, the store is dusty! The store needs more organization to run better!
Working at this company was great. Flexible hours were great as well since I personally had school and extracurricular activities to attend which made my schedule very manageable.
This company was very organized when it came to addressing issues woth employees the proper way, but the company treated there employees like family with high expectations
very professional ,needs to be fair when it comes to people of color and their pay but for the most part its not bad at all if your really determined and if you really want to work.
I enjoy my experience with Jcpenny and I plan on using my experience and another place. Jcpenny has offered me many new opportunities that I was never able to get and I’m thankful for that.
I started working when I was in college and the managers are very nice and worked with my changing schedule. The other employees are easy to work with which makes the work environment pleasant.
The job was easy, not hard to learn and know what to do. You can learn a lot there, mostly about customer service and how to handle money. The managers aren’t the best but the job is good.
Overall JcPenneys is a good place to work, but with a pay rate lower than any other place. I honestly loved working there, but just didn’t see any growth
I had a great time working there, i made a lot of friends with the other workers and mangement. it was just a seasonal job for the winter so i can make some money to get my family some gifts for christmas.
7.1K