JCPenney
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Cashier

They would never answer the phone when I used to call to check on my application would hang up in my FACE, but over all it was a okay job that’s all .
Pros
the workers .
Cons
never answer the phone, rude cashiers, wouldn’t advice you calling there to check on a application unless it’s face to face.
Good job for high school students. Even though the pay is really low they expect a lot from employees, especially with credit card applications. The holiday season is the work.
overall, great experience would recommend. flexible schedule and hours.Salary could be better, overall great experience.khlk
The training was minimum I was kinda thrown on the job. No one really sat with me to help me out. I sort of learned things on my own I have not even been working for a week.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enough training
Working at JCPenney was just like any other retail job. It was exactly what someone would expect. They have really good employee discounts. They don't pay well, give few hours, and as a seasonal employee there is almost no chance of retention.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Few hours, minimum wage
It taught my communication skills and it showed me how to be productive. It was very fun and productive... taught me a lot about business and being able to have fun while I worked in that environment
You will be able to learn how to navigate stressful, rude customers and be able to apply that experience/situation in other areas of life or other jobs. You develop great customer service skills and practice your communication/social skills. Management was fantastic. Management is very personable, professional and funny. All in all, I highly recommended it. If you are fresh out of high school or need a part time as an older adult. Made life long friends from there as well.
Pros
Cons
Rude customers at times
Good place to work so long as you do not mind working with a bunch of stuck up kids lol. As long as you do your job and are fast paced, you will enjoy working here.
Pros
Flexible schedule, opportunities for growth
Cons
Coworkers are super young, you must keep up with trends
I did not enjoy working here. They work you hard and are understaffed. Management does nit care about its employees. They did have free food when we had to work on holidays. Did not like how we had to work on Thanksgiving. Discount was 25% of which was a pro.
Pros
discount
Cons
management plays favorites
I have been working for jcpenney for the past 3 years and it has only gotten worse. Now that they filed for bankruptcy I see no GOOD future for them. If you're thinking of applying right now DON'T do it. The company won't be lasting for long.
This should not really be a first choice job, especially if your a teenager. Being forced to peddle credit cards before you can even have one is difficult
My experience working at JCPenneys in the Jefferson Mall was crazy once Black Friday and Christmas arrived. Since I knew a lot of the employees, it made the job a way more comfortable experience.
a great place to work mainly for younger people who need a part time job. Management seems to be able to work around schedules with school or a secondary job, but only allows 25 hours or less a week due to government regulation.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at JCPenney is good i got to see my family and friends as much as I want. It was cool 0lace to work. Great times. Thanks jc penny.
Over all it is a nice place to work. Management is helpful. They are flexible with your schedule. When you need time off they will allow it. Everyone is pretty much helpful.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Working holidays
Work-life balanceThey will call and harass you when you call out sickManagementWill give you attitude for no reasonOverallNo training, attitude given by the manager for no reason, will call you incessantly the day after you call out sick. thrown into the job without proper training.
pay is so bad, customers are meh.. its just a basic retail job, nothing stands out. Really depends what area you work and with who. It isnt that bad, and it was my first job after highschool. I kinda miss it !
The pay here was low, but that is expected when you’re working as a cashier at a retail store. The people I worked with were amazing, some of which I still talk to, to this day.
It is a very welcoming store. Felt like a large family, everyone was always smiling and laughing together. I enjoyed working here because of the positive energy and experience.
Pros
discounts
They have you working by yourself most of the time and when call for back up they don’t come or if you have a problem they don’t come. I would say work there if you have too. The place is cleaned maybe twice a week. Some managers are ok but not all.
People, people, people make it everything! Work hard, play hard. The bankruptcy couldn't have come at a harder time with the pandemic.Otherwise, great place to work!The customers are the best! The associates and supervisors are hard working and doing the jobs of 3 people!Work hard and thankful for our jobs!
Pros
Customers, co-workers, supervisors.
Cons
All a sign of the times.. we are all in this together...