JCPenney
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative3,082 reviews
Found 3,082 reviews matching the search
loved working here, lots of great co workers, but awesome customers. Wish they hadn't closed it, but I understand. I think could have been managed better to maybe see if the store would pick up, but the expenses for the company just didn't make it feasible
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at JCPenney is Good

Pay & benefits

My pay and benefits at JCPenney are middle of the road.

In general, managers at JCPenney Are great people but didn't show foward going vision

Collaboration with my colleagues at JCPenney is is excellent

Overall

My experience working at JCPenney Overall it was a great ecperience
Management plays favorites, customers are constantly entitled and rude and the pay for what we do is unreasonable. Corporate seems to not care whatsoever about their employees mental health and if there are females in a position of power they become power-trippy. Definitely would not recommend anyone work here.
JCP was a really nice place to work at. The employees and management are really sweet people. The really like to work around your schedule especially if you're a student, however the pay isn't good.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Bad pay
This was my first job so I obviously didn't have much to compare it to. I enjoyed it for the most part but later learned that it's all about who you know. People got into management positions without much experience or credentials and it showed.
Easy job, but low pay. Good starting job. They did not work with my schedule very well. You are required to push customers into getting a credit card with them and I did not like doing that.
JC Penney has great training, management, and coworkers. I really enjoyed working at JC Penney. The customer service skills I learned helped me greatly.
I liked it . I loved the customers and associates. Just need to be paid more have a second baby otw . And it’s just not enough for me to function and
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Tired 24/7
Company is OK. but my location had managers and coworkers who genuinely care for you and help you out whenever you need it. Hours are great depending on what your needs are.
I honestly feel like I am not getting paid enough for what I do at JCPenney, and I am somewhat disappointed about this. I don’t think I will be working at JCPenney anytime longer.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Not getting paid enough for what I do
Th Columbia SC store has a lot of fun employees to work with. You basically get paid for just being there (if and when you have the hours).

The General Manager is a nightmare to work for and for the store’s sake, I hope the the district manager talks to all of the employees to find out what’s going on.
Pros
Get a pay check
Cons
The General Manager is a nightmare
I loved the job here until I seen how the company was really ran. But I liked setting displays and helping customers find something none of us could find. The merchandise was really nice the prices were decent the stores were always clean they had an escalator one of the only places with a working one and it always smelled new like Jcpenney.
Pros
Always something different to do.
Cons
Short breaks long walk to your vehicle.
I had a great experience working at JC Penny. Everyone was so kind and friendly. I learned a lot from my co-workers and management. I developed my customer service skills and I felt accomplished helping customers.
Great place to work if you are looking for a flexible schedule and work life balance. Easy to move around in different departments; open floor meetings for ideas and input. Great environment for customer service skills as you’ll deal with insane customers some nice some not so nice, long lines, multitasking and you’ll learn how to keep a calm demeanor !
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Healthcare
They management is a joke. The have no respect or concern for employees That work hard and show up to work. But if you call out all the time and play on your phone you get promoted to management. Don’t waste your time if your looking for a career.
Can be stressful at times in a call center like many but shopping with the customer can be fun and make the day fly! They do believe in growth and as long as you are open and willing they will help you reach your goals, if moving up is your goal. Co-workers usually become a little family.
Pros
Pay, lunch, incentives
Cons
Schedule, not always what you want
Sometimes you did not get enough hours. but great to learn valuble life skills and lets you grow through the company. The workplace culture is great they are all motivating.
Great job, good people. I enjoyed working here.This was a wonderful place to work and I really enjoyed working with the people. It was fun and we enjoyed our work.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
It was okay. Lots of team work which is great. Management could have been better. They have their favorites as they all do. They also need to communicate better amongst each other as I was let go as a temporary and was signed on permanently right before seasonal hire. They were training me for different departments so it didn’t make any sense. Also, lay off hounding people for credit cards that they neither need nor want. They could also compensate their employees with a more competitive pay. Overall, it was cool but they have definitely gone down and i believe there is better out there.
Pros
Lunch appreciation, long breaks, discounts/coupon incentives
Cons
Scheduling, short shifts or hours cut, snarky work culture, low pay
I worked at the returns desk. I had a caring manager who trained me well. Most of the customer's were nice to deal with. As it was retail the pay was low and the hours erratic.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Low pay, erratic hours
I worked at J.C. Penney for years and only got a .50 cent raise. Management is kind of all over the place and there isn’t much guidance. For a high schooler though it was a good job to gain real life experience.