JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Customer Support Representative

JCPenney Call center was an ok place to work. It’s a great job to get call center experience. You also have the opportunity to work from home once you complete 90 days. There’s multiple levels and areas of the call center to move to. Good job overall.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
When you work as a rep for JCP, you have very little in the way of accessibility to information. The intranet is poorly organized and, more often than not, you'll have to ask for help and, little by little, learn the ins-and-outs by trial-and-error. Aside from a handful of long-term employees, the management is constantly being cycled through different departments/replaced, so it's hard to pin down someone who knows what's going on. Most of the call center jobs were sent to other countries, so people working at the US call center act as support staff for foreigners, many of whom don't have to answer to protocol, so you end up with upset/confused customer who get dumped into your phone line. If none of that sounds bad enough, their work scheduling department seems to fall asleep at the wheel on a regular basis, making you have to constantly check to make sure they didn't accidentally fire you due to their own negligence in entering information.
Pros
Pay is decent. That's about it.
Cons
Management is unhelpful. Most of the time, you have to go through several people to get anything done.
It was a smooth place to work. Taking online orders over the phone was the gist of the job. There wasn’t much challenge. They did have a lot of employee appreciation events as well.
I enjoyed my time at this organization. It was a great place to learn and grow. I would highly recommend this job to someone whose looking for seasonal work and a fun culture to be in.
I loved working in this position, as I got a chance to work with leaders who helped me grow in so many ways. I felt like management actually wanted to see me succeed in my career, and did everything in their willpower to help strengthen not only me as an associate at the company, but as an individual altogether.
The work experience depends on the immediate supervisor/coach. JCPenney is experiencing setbacks in its business so the stability of the job is not good, stores and other facilities are being closed to consolidate the company's assets. The instability can lead to job losses.
Great company for benefits and discounts. The management is all for self. Advancing within company is hard to obtain. Supervisors are rude and not properly trained.
very good working environment and also workers are so friendly. they help you when you need help especially during busy day and you have a whole section to clean out before you can leave
Managers are awesome! Best supervisors I have ever had since working at my previous jobs. The managers actually care about the issues that are presented to them. Chances to advance and supervisors push you to grow and don't want you to remain comfortable! Gives you chance to learn more beyond previous positions held.
Pros
Pto, 401k, Assoc discounts, life, dental, vision, health, paid holidays, overtime pay, quarterly advance pay.
Cons
No cons so far!
This was honestly one of my favorite jobs. The work was easy but fast paced.I loved everything but the pay. Plus they are now closed and it's a big bummer.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Always busy and no time to breathe
The pay at JCP was ridiculous for how hard they stretched the employees and made them work. The management staff never set a good example for workers, they never helped clean just a toxic work environment.
Pros
The people you work with.
Cons
Short breaks, stretch employees to different areas. bad management
JCP was a good place to work because they offered a choice of shifts, I was a work at home agent and I really enjoyed this.Typical day at work consisted of taking inbound calls and assisting customers to place orders or resolve conflicts. They offered benefits from day one . Managers were always available and helpful. The only short fall was their salary range.We were notified in Feb 2018 that the center would be closing Sep. 2018. They sponsored job fairs and job counselors to assist staff that wanted to leave before the closing.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Salary range low.
I liked to work there but If you are Latino it will be very difficult to ascend in positon. Some Team leaders pressure you into making sales when the customers we get clearly don't want to buy anything.
Pros
Sometimes easy job
Cons
there is a variety of associates whom are nice. the management needs some work in communicating. the hardest part of the job would be dealing with the customers that do not want to hear what you have to say. other than that it is pretty easy.
overall jcp needs alot of work ; to begin with the narc down to the coaches . coaches do not like assisting agents, they refer us to information that is not updated. communication skills are very poor. very unorganized training can include a bit more information about the call center floor duties and system.
This is the perfect job to anyone who wants to get in the call center field. It was overall easy and fair compared to the job duties itself. The only part I didn't favor was not being able to get my full 40 hours per week and it was a temporary assignment.
Taking incoming calls from regular and new J CPenney customers. I learned how to assist customer with problem solving whatever concerns good or bad that they are calling in about. Management is always wanting you to do 100%. There is not really a hard part when you enjoy your job. My co-workers and talking to the customers.
Pros
Always lifting the morale of the employees.
Cons
Have to wait a whole year for health care.
Great company to work for Love dealing with the customers with there orders etc Team leaders was very helpful no matter how many times i may have called for any type of assistance
Nice place to work. Can develop and grow with company. Management is nice as well as the supervisors. Great people to work with and can quickly move up
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Holidays
Great job to do, loved working here a typical day at work was good actually. The part I enjoyed when working here is keeping the customers satisfied, at all times.
the environment is not professional, too many family members and close friends that work together so nothings ever done fairly. managers tell personal business to other co workers. if pregnant better hold vomit and urine because they don't allow you to hurry to the bathroom. I guess they would prefer for you to vomit at your desk.
Pros
somewhere to work
Cons
short breaks, not organized, managers tell co workers business
  1. Customer Support Representative