JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Fine Jewelry Sales Associate

The work is easy, sales is the best department to work in. The pay hourly and commission. Management is really bad and they seem to hire out more so than promote within.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at JCPenney is a nice environment to workPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at JCPenney are poorOverallMy experience working at JCPenney it was alright
I love working for this Company, it was exiting to see all of this jewels close shining off & on...I love that most of the costumers, where pretty educated and polite, and had some fun with most of them, I just felt organization of this Company is not appropriate, meaning, supervisors where selling while it supposed to be our jobs! But I guess that was about it, I was also expected to make more money here, but it wasn't that way, but I do appreciate the opportunity to work here :)
Pros
Free lunches Mangers are Amazing!
Cons
Supervisors & lots of pressure to sell.
Family atmosphere, loved my coworkers. You are stretched thin with a lack of employees, and therefore can only attempt to provide the best customer service. I believe that if the store manager is willing to chip in, this could be a decent job. With lack of support, you are thrown to the wolves with minimal training and will have to figure out everything on your own.
Pros
Discount, coworkers.
Cons
Everything else.
My store couldnt even keep a manager more then a year each one. They dont care about employees or customers feedback only about the dollar. But they wont give raises or hours and if they give raises they go away when minimum wage goes up. Waste of my time. Manager doesn't even know polices or procedures and i had to explain to management how to do basic things but they wouldn't promote because i didnt kiss butt.
Pros
Made a few friends
Cons
Work often is very boring. There will be hours with no customers. I simply want another job just to keep myself entertained. All of your coworkers will complain about how much they hate the job all the time. Not too much positive. I was given a raise, but then minimum wage went up a month later to meet my raise and I was then making minimum wage again with everyone else as if I had never even gotten a raise. Can be good work if you have a very positive attitude and never get bored standing round!
I really enjoyed working with the staff and helping the customers with their purchases. I like to see a smile on someone's face when they are purchasing things that they like for their love ones.
Great company to work for. I will be honest and say the pay is not that great, but its a job. In order for you to like this job you really have to be a people person, this job is all about customer service and not only making the customer happy...but willing to come back again
A typical day at work was to open the counters and make sure all the diamonds were counted. As well as help checkout costumers. Balance out tills at the end of each day.
J.C. Penney is a great company to work for excellent benefits and employee discounts. Management is supportive and helpful. J.C. Penney is a people company they take care of their customers and their employees.
Completely different atmosphere when you start working very much as I say favoritism and unprofessional on top of that communication is never there you’re findings even changes with other colleagues or whenever you go for your shift, LOD never comes to floor even customer issue is heating up and you explained that they come to resolve the issue or they want Mangment to talk to them Overall unprofessional
Great place to meet new people. Mainly high school people and older retired people working part time. Managers lack care for personal lifes of employees. Great discount. Good raises for those who work hard. Overall a good company to work for.
This is not where you want to work if you are looking for a career. You will have no chance in advancing. They do not give raises and are discouraging on a daily basis with non stop gossip about each other . There is so much drama and the hr manager is the number one person spreading the gossip. The environment is unprofessional and consumed with tension.
A very good opportunity for part time work. Good for high school students and people seeking an extra income. Employee discounts are 25%. Eligible for services also.
Good : Good job if you don't really like to work a lot of hours They feed you on holidays. Good employee discount Bad: Constantly having your job threaten, under paid, overworked, lack of respect, no loyalty to long time hard working employee No holiday pay after mid- night when working the overnight on Thanksgiving.
Great place to work for students as they will work with schedules. The company requires associates to push customer into applying for credit. The Carson City store is very philanthropic.
Awesome workplace, I had a great manager. First retail place I loved working for. Customers were great and I loved helping them. The company gave us adequate breaks and incentives. Had parties as well. They treat their employees well.
Great place to work and grow as a professional. The management team is supportive and encouraging, as well as the other team members. It is a work family environment we have fun while we work. We are busy in spurts, but there is always something to do!
Golden rule to everyone. Customers first. Teamwork. Leadership development. Compliance. Ethical standards. Employees safety. Training and development. Motivation.
At first it was alittle hard to grasp everything, while learning how to use the register and keeping up with new products (Fine Jewelry) but I DID get the hang of it and I loved it especially around the holidays most of my co-workers were sweet to me but there were a few in particular who were very rude!
Learned how to sell and approach customers, this was my first job and I liked it. I learned great skills, I enjoy going to work, I’m just looking for another skill
  1. Fine Jewelry Sales Associate