JCPenney
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Operations Associate

Operations Associate199 reviews
It's a good company to work for as long as you do what you're supposed to do. There is a good exchange between management and the workers. The pay could be better.
Great first job. Opportunity for growth and decent pay. If you have a good management team, then the job is great. They offer a generous discount as well. Flexible hours and schedule.
I liked it I made a good impression on them and they were able to schedule me for work but it wasn’t enough hours. But overall my experience or the lack there of was appropriate for the job!
Pros
Breaks
I had a great experience working in Piitsburgh. Excellent Operations ( Warehouse ) Manager, and General Manager. Open door feel. Inclusive caring group of people. Great breakroom, Donuts on Fridays!
Pros
Donuts on Fridays, Awesome Holiday Meals, Accommodating schedule
Cons
No healthcare
learned a lot. From receiving to pricing to signing to fulfillment. great associates to work with. A good manager is key. Was fortunate to work with a few really good managers and supervisors.
Pros
free meals, fun co workers, early morning start
Cons
pay, Thanksgiving Day
The dressing roomIt was a very busy in the afternoon but a lot of customers came in and I helped a lot of customers. I fix the dressing room babe I was finished. I cleaned up all the garbage
While working at JCP the managers were always looking out for your behalf and trying to make it a pleasant day while working your shift.Company discount was was as good as any i know and from time to time they offered additional discounts.
Pros
Fun place to work if you new what you were doing when you signed up to work
Cons
sometimes did noy get enough hours
There are many outdated and inefficient processes that waste time. The company has been stuck in time and hasn’t streamlined merchandising and pricing strategies, so a lot of time is lost spent on unproductive activities. This all makes doing daily operational tasks difficult. But, despite all this, the management and associates are generally all supportive and fun to work with.
Pros
Great coworkers and management
Cons
Many operational inefficiencies that make meeting goals difficult
Not a career but it’s a job If the company wasn’t so strange it would be an amazing, fun place to work everyone is cool and laid back it’s just the management they just don’t know how to talk to their associates
Pros
Discounts are amazing
Cons
Management sucks lack of communication
This company has really gone downhill. In just a few years time that I've been there, cutting corners, cutting positions, and not caring is their game. They eliminated certain positions and supervisors, and who do you think gets to do their work? The "bottom feeders"-which includes anyone that will bend over backwards and actually work. They take advantage of the ones that work hard, give them horrible pay with raises once a year that amounts in a dime or 15 cents if you're lucky, and cap you if you make 13 bucks with no supervisor job. They are getting rid of any and all non-supervisor full time positions and also pick pencil pushers that delegate the hands on work to the used up people. They also take advantage of Male workers.
JCPenney has great people. In my work experience, the managers are always open and pleasant. I've worked for the company for 7 years, and I've always found it a very inclusive workplace. They celebrate diversity and will listen to you and your concerns. The work-life there can be challenging but in a good way. The only stressful things are the restructurings too common to retail.
Love my job. The management will always tell you that you are doing a good job or what you need to do to improve yourself without criticizing. Everyone on the Operations team works as a team. We help in all aspects of the job weather it be taking freight to the floor or helping finish the truck to preparing to put merchandise on the floor. We also set the ads for the week before the store opens. Very fast pace bu
It's fine. I was lucky enough to have some nice people to work with and a great manager for my last few months there. Pretty solid place to work, business casual dress code is plus. Otherwise, it's not particularly good or bad, nothing else stands out.
A great working environment overall, my experience working there has its ups and downs but overall it was great working there. My co-workers were some of the hardest working in the store.
JC penney is a family oriented company. The management changed from time to time but managers took the time to get to know employees. I felt appreciated by coworkers and my manager. I felt that I could grow with the company if I choose to.
Pros
Company giveaways
Cons
The people were dumb.... narrow minded individuals . They only care about gossip and what they can get away with not doing. No real work ethic or experience
I absolutely adored working at Jcpenney, I worked as an operations associate, helping to stock the store after new shipments arrived. Early shift, but that was the only difficult part. The pay wasn't very high and corporate constantly cut hours but I loved the job, the people I worked with and that makes a huge difference. If it wasn't for my college schedule, I would have stayed.
If you have a full time job and you are looking for a little extra pocket change this is the place for you. But I personally would not recommend this to be your only job ,they will only have you working 2-4 days out of a week with literally 3-4 hours in a day .Its really sad for the amount of work they require you to do.You will get paid bi-weekly (200 dollars at the most) absolutely not enough f*****g money to pay your f*****g bills. The worst management ever!!...Poor communication ,the manager is very stuck up with a horrible attitude. Do not give this company years of your time you will not get a higher position or pay. If they do decided to give you a raise it would only be 10 cent .Towards the end of the year hours would drop more .....just so they ( management) can get their bonus.NO BENEFITS unless your full time you can try to ask for a full time position but they will not give it to you.
I can't count on hand how many people i have seen quit this job . And also they don't believe that anything can happen ,so if you are having car trouble or any type of emergency .....its an excuse to them. So in other words if anything happens you still need to find a way to make it to work on time .Very selfish people I would not recommend .!!!
I enjoy working with guys that love to work as well . I feel if everybody is on the same page we will get the job done. If I see a person is down I’m the person to pick them up and get them back on the task .
JCPenney is a great place to work has a great atmosphere the workers are very friendly but Chatter around the workplace created tension but has since then been resolved as best as it could be
Store managers and ASMs are great but overwork not delegating other Team members to assist. Do not pushed or make Associates accountable. A lot of favouritism. Overall if your good at being phoney retails the place to work. Great company mediocre Staff.