JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Retail

My experience at JCP has been a good one but the big reason i am leaving is because of pay reasons and my degree. I am wanting to get a job to fit my studies.
Pros
PTO after working for years
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits until youve been there for at least three years if im not mistaken
Love the management and that they work with my schedule I need and they r very understandable and I which they had the hours to give me what I want to work
Pros
Not getting my hours
Cons
Love the flexibility hours
task were stocking,folding clothes, cleaning,cashier it was fun but i barely made 25 hours a week i needed more hours co workers were ok more nice then others .
A typical day was all about getting the job done! I've learned to be passionate about retail and sales items. management was awesome! Co-workers are all about getting the job done as a team! Hardest part of the is having co-workers come in with attitudes and customers come in being rude! The most enjoyable part of the job is bringing products to life for customers!
The typical work day would be greeting the Customer's when they walk in the door, also making sure they find the clothing or items that they needed. Making sure the Customer was happy and satisfied with their over all experiance in the store and if they found everything they were looking for. I learned more about the clothing brands that JCP has. Also learned how to help a Customer better when they were trying to find something to wear. The overall Management were a big help and also very understanding! They made sure you were taught correctly and made sure if you had any questions that they answered them the best they could. The Co-workers were definitly welcoming. It was almost as if you were wlecomed as a new family memeber. We all got along very well but we also new we all had a job to do. We kept it professional not only for the bussiness but for the customers as well! I'd have to say the hardest part of the job at first was when I had to learn where all the clothing had to go back to after cleaning the fitting rooms. The part I enjoyed the most about this job, was that I got to experiance the clothing retail line and loved it. It was something different for me but also still allowing me to have one on one contact with the customer's as well.
I very soon discovered that management was not up to my expectations when it came to organization and fairness.
Pros
Free lunches during Christmas
Cons
Gossip