JCPenney
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate695 reviews
I was as a cashier. I would like talk and help people and have a conversation with them. I am a social person and happy in my life.

I had fun with my coworkers. I tried to do well my job as much as I could.
I hardy recived hours when attending at school wich was verry convenient and after covid I have not been called nack in but jcp is a good place to learn responsibilities, and work environment attitudes.
Pros
In a mall, organized, clean, straight foward
Cons
Hadarly worked
It’s a fun place but since covid it’s been slow and people aren’t taking the precautions seriously. The manager are okay sometime they don’t work with your schedule
Pros
Etc
Cons
Breaks
You will never get promoted because it is a sales position and you have to work your butt off. Most people work there are young and high school looking for seasonal jobs than they leave.
Cons
I never dreaded a day going to work, it’s a very positive environment and because it was my first job, I learned a lot. Management was great they never were strict yet still got the workplace functioning.
The work was clear and easy to understand. Most of my fellow employees were kind and helpful, however there were several coworkers that weren’t and their personality conflicts were overlooked by management do to the employee’s credit applications record (Getting customers to sign up for store credit cards).
Pros
1hour long lunch breaks, simple work with clear goals. Flexible hours and easy to learn the work.
Cons
Coworkers are treated differently and favored based on cc apps.
Management is awful. Horurs are cut on a regular basis. Pay is so low it’s unfair. Work unappreciated. Manager yells at employees on sales floor. Had reported her several times as well as did coworkers.. she left by being promoted. Are you kidding . People walk off their job all the time. No real job training they will tell you to figure it out . CEO brought in appliances and mattresses at a clothing store . Big mistake. We had to get rid of it at a loss. No wonder they are going out of business..
Pros
Close commute
Cons
Bad management, poor hourly paymt
Average retail job, minimum wage. When I worked there, dress code was very formal. Job was okay, co-workers were okay. I worked on special projects, inventory, signage, etc, in addition to regular cashier duties. Advancement was next to impossible. Most managers at my store had been regular retail associates for close to 25-30 years before even being considered for management. After my original manager retired, my new manager stopped scheduling me for shifts. (This was my second job, and priority for hours was given to those who did not have a second job. This was understandable and not upsetting to me at all.) After weeks of my calls not being returned and no hours scheduled, I received a generic letter in the mail advising I was laid off, no phone call or personal contact at all. This was disappointing to me, and not professional. Lay-offs happen, business needs change--but communication was severely lacking.
Pros
Hour-long lunches, family-like atmosphere with coworkers (potlucks, parties, etc)
Cons
No benefits, lack of advancement, retail in general
Jcpenney and the leadership usually find ways to improve the work environment for associates and the customer. This a standard that has never changed.
Within my time working there i met a lot of people. Some were rude and some were very kind, I wasn’t there to make friends with everyone but tome went by and I notice the friends I did have started to leave due to the work environment sooner than later I caught myself leaving for the same reason. I enjoyed working there, I did not like some of the people due to their rudeness but over all it was an okay experience for my first job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Health care
It is the management at each point in time.
Those who belong or related the top management do not work for the company but are paid

Job attitude is very poor.

The hardworking ones continues to bear the brunt and the load of those idle marauders. It is the serious and hardworking ones that are always at the receiving end and if you complain, you suffer for it.. Cant recomend
Pros
Cons
Allow the hardworking ones to suffer
Management is tough to deal with at times
Environment is easy going love the different customer interactions love the retail environment the different daily routine
It's a good place to work, although everybody is a little anxious about the future of the company. With the company in bankruptcy, the future of some stores and distribution centers are uncertain.
Pros
Good team of people to work with.
Cons
Uncertain future of the company.
A typical day working at JCPenny's was mainly running the clothes back the floor within the dressing rooms, and helping the customers. The management was fun and out going. Each manager had their own personality and expressed it in their own way. Working there was a great way for everyone to express themselves any way they can.
Pros
Getting free food and doughnuts in the morning
Cons
Not getting help when needed
After 32+years I have seen a lot.Today co. does not care about it's employees. Only the upper management get perks more bonuses etc.And how did they get them?Because of the work of the low level employees.
Pros
Cons
low payo
I worked at a Penney’s for close to a year primarily in the fitting rooms. One of my biggest complaints is that if someone’s fitting room got too overwhelmed I would be sent in to assist
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Lack of accountability
JCPenney is a great company to work for, with great customer service and very friendly people. I wish the pay was a lot more for what we have to do, and it would be nice to get all the hours that you wanted
JCP was my first job. I was hired as a seasonal then kept. I worked there for 3 years. The benefits were the associate discount. 25% w/ JCP Card or cash or 20% with other forms. On top of that, any coupons; not compatible with name brands. My store pushed credit heavily. Management was good; however, felt a disconnect from the GM.
I worked at this job for some time and it was a decent place to work. I would have stayed working there but I relocated and the travel become difficult. I recommend working there.
I mostly liked this job because I worked with half of my school lol. It was very fun! Flexible scheduling. Easy environment. Their pay could be a little more. Although I quit because of management. I'm sure they've gotten better now...
Because it was a small store, it was very flexible and managers helps you in everything you need. The busiest day weren't that exhausted and help was always there.