JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

As a Cashier
I was as a cashier. I would like talk and help people and have a conversation with them. I am a social person and happy in my life.

I had fun with my coworkers. I tried to do well my job as much as I could.
Good
They help the customers in a manner way they are all responsible and respectful, i loved working there but i had to leave because i was going back to school
Productive work environment
the stuff was very helpful and delightful to work for I enjoyed working for JcPenny's I would recommend this job to others.
good company to work for I can't anything bad about this company
Fun place to work
When meeting our goals we are celebrated,Store Manager ensure's that we are acknowledge for our hard work, parties,recognition's, and incentives. I often feel valued this is most important for me when working for a company.
you're given a job do it.
at first i really didn't like people. So i thought this would be a great idea to work for jcpenney so i could work on people skills. In doing so i learned to work in a fast-paced environment, learned to be a steward for the customer, learned how to fold various clothes, i learned how sizing works and measuring blinds for windows in the home department, also interacting with customers and watching for thieves.
the hours suck, if you are in school would not recommend, they have something call icaps which is a jcpenny credit card and if you dont sell a certain amount they fire you. they only let me work weekends and some weekdays i would not work here only if your 35-50
Good place to Work
Management and job culture is nice and friendly. Felt at ease with all the staff there.
Sometimes the schedules would be set out in a way where it is way to busy for the task set which would working seem a lot harder especially when it's there's few workers.

There's opportunity to grow, but in my experience you have to ask to get further.

I enjoy the atmosphere and the overall experiences here.
Exciting environment
JCPenney is a great company, they offer great deals to customers that save then money. The company offers flexible hours to work with the employees needs.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JCPenney?
Productive work place
There was always something new coming around the corner to shake things up for the store. Managers were always considerate of their employees, and the lives they were living.
Good environment
Good people, good environment, fast past job. Was fun working with customers and learned quickly with there easy to do cash registers. Good experience for anyone
Pros
Shopping discounts
Cons
short breaks
Jc penny’s
Jc penny’s main goal was to make the customers happy. To be greeted and to be treated with kindness and always ready to help. We attempted to ask them if they needed help before coming to us.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Scheduling
Well maintenance and great staff
My time working at JCpennys was nothing but amazing. Really nice manager/employees. Great atmosphere and nice team bonding. Benefits were also amazing as well as shift time.
Pros
Work time
Cons
All around solid place to work.
Not much negative or positive to say. Job advancement may not be plentiful but the are plenty of other areas to train and specialize in. Definitely a relaxed but productive environment.
Retail tail
Jcpenny is a great retail store many young employees worked there for so long and it’s just a great opportunity to see how many different customers walks in everyday to see how young adults work hard.
Jcpenney Store Associate
No work life balance-
Horrible pay

No room for advancement

Required to work every hoilday

New Years, Easter, Mother/Father Day July 4th Memorial Day Thanksgiving Day(opens at 1pm Black Friday Christmas Eve & Christmas Day- NO EXCEPTIONS!

If you work in salon- tips are taxedtaxedarareataxedtaxedBeware
A peacful work place
Great management , my co- workers are of all races. They are kind and respectful Advancement is there for anyone wanting to move up in retail. great working hours.
Customer service
My job duties were customer service cashier hanger pick ups greeting customers and cleaning assisting customers checking up on them making sure if they need help.
Fun atmosphere
This job is a really fun atmosphere but it is not enough hours. People are great and the staff is amazing. Customer service is great. I would totally recommend this place. Made lots of friends.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Not many hours
Seasonal
When I first applied, I heard back from the manager within a day or two. That told me that they REALLY needed somebody and that they may be a good company. Being there for a month drained me a bit because I felt there was favoritism and dislike among some employees. I went from working full days to getting an average of three to four hours. This showed me that they really didn’t want me there and when the season was over, I never got a call regarding if I still had a job or not. It was nice being able to do something different and also learn something different, but the favoritism and dislike really messed it up
Pros
Nice customers even on days when there was really no help (weekends were BAD)
Cons
Favoritism
productive
It was fun and productive, the workers were fun to be around and encouraging and they were family friendly and they have flexible hours and more. I'll recommend anyone to work there.
Bad management
The management makes working there truly terrible. Whether it is corporate or in-store leaders. The wellness and happiness of employees does not exist in JCPenney as every part of their job is to juice you of all you have to have offer with nothing left for yourself. You don't matter to them.
7K