JCPenney
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

This job helped me with communication skills and productivity. There is always something to do so time will go by fast. The hardest part of the job was closing.
Lack of communication between management/supervisors and associates which results in the store looking a complete mess. Don’t expect to be let out at the time in which you are scheduled because the store is short staffed most of the time and you have to stay until the store is completely recovered. Some coworkers were great meanwhile others had no interest in actually doing their jobs.
I loved working for this company , they were very flexible considering I was still a student, and the pay was good. I enjoyed the company and the sales, and my employee discount.
Management was horrible and made it obvious they don’t care about the employees. Only cared about us getting customers to sign up for their credit card. If you didn’t, you were barely scheduled for the following week. Could definitely tell who was favored by the managers and who wasn’t. Some customers were nice and made the job tolerable, others made me want to quit that same day. Payment stays the same unless you get people to sign up. Some days they wouldn’t pay for overtime. Breaks were only 15 minutes and during busy days, it was cut to 10 minutes. Horrible experience.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, favoritism
This job was part-time after having a new baby. The hours worked great for my husband & I because we couldn't afford a babysitter. Once my son turned 3 years old. I found a full-time job.
it is an okay place to work if you really need a job . work schedule is tough and can be changed with short notice. work atmosphere is okay but pay scale is really low as compared to the work load.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
late evenings and work on major holidays
great discount. depends on which dept. and what manager u r working under. as long as you are opening you credit accounts. you will be appreciated by everyone. its get competitive at times .
Assisting & Checking Out Customers, I Learned How To Stay Calm In A Very Busy Work Environment While Multitasking. The Management Team Was Pretty Good. I Enjoyed Each & Everyone Of My Co-Workers Because We Worked As A Team To Get Things Done In A Timely Manner. The Hardest Part Of My Job Was Trying To Satify A Unhappy Customer & The Most Enjoyable Part Of my job Was Learning & Working In Diffrent Departments.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
JC Penney is a wonderful place to work at, it is too bad that the store that i work at is closing and i might not have another store to go to
Pros
there have been times that our lunch was free
Cons
the health benefits
This company takes pride satisfiying customers as well as the employee. there are many ways to move up within the company and the benefits are great! Everyday at this job was fast paced and challenging as well as fun and enjoyable.
Pros
all the cosmetic and beauty products!
Cons
slow sale days
Unless you are desperate, be careful about accepting a job at the new Timber Creek store in Dallas. The management is very unprofessional and totally insensitive to employees. After being part of a team that opened this new store, I was let go after six months without any prior warning. Came in one day and the store manager said he had to cut hours and let me and a few other people go. He had another co-worker in on the meeting, while my department manager (on site at the time) did not even come to the meeting.At times they would not even give you enough hours to cover your benefits! Management would not communicate information to employees; training was very poorly done and there's tremendous theft going on. After six months of opening, I'll be surprised if this store survives. Meanwhile across the street, Kohl's seems to be doing fine.
Cons
poor scheduling, no real team building.
I honestly loved every bit of my part-time experience with the jc penney's family. I was able to learn new things, and not limit myself; I was also given the opportunity to climb the coorporate ladder which is alway a plus in my book.
Pros
excellent learning experience
Cons
lack of hours