JCPenney
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Stylist

Stylist316 reviews
If you’re a Hairstylist, looking for benefits and a work place that encourages growth, Penney’s is a great place to work. Now, you have to be motivated and look to strong mentoring stylist and managers to guide you, as with our industry, mentors are key to success!
Pay & benefits
Great benifits

Job security and advancement

They work with you ever step

Very helpful, organized and approachable.

Fun and friendly

Overall

Great company to work for. Great benifits. Wonderful people. Flexible hours. I love going to work everyday. Best part is the store discount. We are like family.
People work together well here. Easy to get to know your coworkers. You get lots of training here and it’s free training. Great place to start coming out of cosmetology school. As a matter of fact it’s best to start with JCPenney because it’s easy to build clientele super fast!
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No booth rent
I worked as a Masterstylist in the Hair Salon. I worked with good people. Great atmosphere. Great clients. Until new Manager. It became favoritism and cliquish. She didn't care . Business dropped. Didn't hold employees accountable.
Pros
Flexible schedule, free continued education, great commission
Cons
Slow business
I love JCPenney. They are a great company. I also love my new manager. They need more salon advertising and more chances to build salon clientele without demotion. I have to maintain $30/hr. A lot of my clientele dropped with COVID 19. I would like to build more clientele but feel anxious, can’t wait for a client to call for an appointment or it ruins my productivity. So, I alway feel I should leave when I finish those scheduled.
You get to be your own person please customers and make them feel good about themselves the new hairdo learn different styles and techniques with the training classes that they provide once a month at least team oriented worst part of the job making sure that all customers are satisfied and sure to return
Pros
Making people feel better about the way that they look and feel better about themselves
Cons
Standing on your feet all day itching from the hair
Jcpenney is a great company to work for! Had a wonderful 8 years there! In the salon business?? Look no further! There's insurance and retirement/savings pptiosn!
They offer classes for advancement and are willing to accommodate all needs. Really good environment to work in. Other stylist were good as well. Employee Discount was an added bonus
It wasn't a very pleasant experience for me. From the start, it wasn't good. "My" supervisor lied and lied often. I feel that the others prejudged me until they really got to know me...that happens often.
Pros
Free lunches, t shirts, great training
Cons
I don't want to say, Smh
I really did enjoy working for Jcpenny salon. All of my coworkers were amazing and helpful to work with. It was like a big family. I will definitely miss them when I move.
I love my job.I love how you have paid training. I love how you are able to grow. Learn new things from other coworkers. They do 401k and savings. You are able to get paid vacations as well
Love this job and company so much. Amazing management, amazing staff, amazing customers and clients. I love everyone i work with, my manager wants the best for all of us and will have our backs always.
I really enjoyed working at this salon. I made life-long friends in the process. However, the salon was not busy enough to allow me and many others to make a decent wage.
they care little about their employees especially when it comes to PTO. The GM is rude and always calls people by the wrong name, they refuse to help one another especially in times of need.
Loved work with staff, and meeting new people. Management wasn't professional at time and it cause a lot of hostility in the work place. I didn't like walking around the store trying to get people to come get there hair done when your books were empty.
An AWFUL company to work for.DO NOT CARE ABOUT the safety of their employees at work...nor do they care about what kind of work environment you wok in
Horrible management!
Awful place to work.

Co workers try to steal clients

Bully work environment.

No walk in clients.

Coupons =loss of money in pay check

Coworkers leave shampoo bowls dirty /unsanitary and wax room is unsanitary.

Didnt have working washer for almost a month.
Bad Manager skills the manager has bad communication skills inventory is very low don’t have the products to work with very low pay the advertising is bad they hire anybody off the streets with no experience they make anybody a manager the stores are very old they worry about the wrong thing the problem is the old store and the manager
JCPenney is a huge company but each store is like a family. Everyone cares about each other. There’s lots to learn about every little thing in each store.
Hard to say because I am a stylist that

came with my own book. I get paid

commission. It’s what you make it.

You can build a clientele there with walk ins
The managers care about their employees. The company has a lot of benefits. The discounts are great. The schedule is flexible. JCPenney is a great place to work.