JLG Industries

JLG Industries Employee Reviews

Still kind of new seems to be balanced

Still kind of new seems to be balanced well management the direct employees on the floor some my coworkers are also new they seem to be with the negativity hangs up a positive attitude says a lot about a positive Environment

Pros

Good management on floor

Cons

Structure could use improvement

Typical Manufacturing

Jlg is your typical manufacturing workplace where there is some good and some bad, in management. We had good managers that were hands on, and would work right beside the staff to complete production quotas, while other ones would stay in there office all day, clueless of what was going on. You get two pay raises a year that could be 60 cents each, but they nickle and dime you so you don't get the max. Some managers told me they were berated by upper management for giving out full raises. A few years back they had a big union scare which made them treat employees a little better for a while, but that fell away and it was back to normal. If you stay with Jlg for 5 or more years, you will be making a good wage, but part of your soul will be taken from you.

The worst company I’ve worked for

No room to advance and when you have done everything they ask to advance they find a reason not to allow you. Pay is lowest in the industry. No employee appreciation at all you are not valued and are easily replaceable. Employee appreciation day we were given a pudding cup seriously. Management is terrible. Human Resources cannot assist you with anything they have to get verification for everything from the upper Human Resource. You will missing hours on your check and will not be compensated. I’d only work here if I couldn’t find anything else even McDonald’s is a better choice.

Stressful environment

I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone. This company is okay with Unfair Treatment (Favoritism), Unfair Pay (They will bring in new team members at a higher hourly rate than you. Then tell you they won’t raise your pay, it’s just how the hiring system works.), Harassment is a big issue in this company as well.

Cons

There is always overtime available.

There are no difficult jobs in the building. Some are obviously harder than others but anyone can be trained for any job. However there is no work life balance.

No work/life balance

4 10's quickly turns into 6 or 7 10's. No work/life balance... No idea whether you'll work four days a week or a month straight. This job will be your whole life.

Terrible place to work.

No work to life balance. Bosses are arrogant. HR is a joke. They have job fairs every week and no one comes. Wonder why. They screw the guys who have been there for years. Oh and they employee pedos

JLG perth

I gained a lot of experience working at JLG during the short time I worked there. There was a great team who worked together to solve issues and assist eachouther. If I was ever given the opertunity to return t JLG, I would be very grateful and would grab the opportunity with both hands

Terrible company.

I’ve spent almost 5 years here. The worst place I’ve ever worked for. The only good thing this company has going for it is your coworkers. They don’t care about the guys who have been there for years. I quit on the spot after they brought votech kids in and paid them 30 cents less than I made. After I asked for a raise.

Pros

Cons

Clocking in until you leave.

Pay well, but alot of mandatory overtime

Used to be a great place used to feel like a family now you fell like a number. Management cares about production and less about people. Hurting moral

Pros

Stable work no layoffs

Cons

Supposed to be a 4 10s, have not work that since went to New hour's, more like 6 10s and every other Sunday

Unorganized place to work and play favorites

Literally came in there with something I thought would be great a relocation package brought everything from Michigan thinking this would be and ideal job they gave me terrible hotels a few times switch my job the last minute after I was still learning the job remind you I spent days trying to learn in my gf caught Covid so I missed a day they said f me and played it crazy only thing good about the company was the few solid people I met other then that trash especially being paid two weeks

Workplace is a joke

Unfair and not employee first company. So pathetic. They dont care about employees just production numbers. Depending on who you are it's okay or one person to not work but then the next is not allowed. Get singled out is normal

1980s culture

More time spent finding work arounds than spent determining the cause and fixing the problem. Management team lacks a forward looking workplace culture to attract and retain younger workers needed to replace those retiring.

Pros

White collar permitted to partially work from home

Cons

No vision for a culture fitting 21st century workers

Loc de muncă productiv

Cea mai buna fabrica pentru muncitori. Era bine daca nu pleca din Romania.

Pros

Super

Cons

Menegiment prost (slab)

Great company

Great company to get in with if you’re looking to further your career in welding. Like any job, it is what you make it, you’ll get back what you put into it.

Pros

Good pay/opportunity for raises

Cons

Their very strict on who they are willing to hire back

Good pay but company supervisors/managers don’t care personal life only business

The time I was there was good at first. The pay rate was good along with bonuses yearly. Then it became more about the company then the well being of the employees. I started as material support and then got blindsided in February with a job title change that comes with the lowest pay in the entire company. You work 4 ten hour days which isn’t bad unless you work night shift and have a family. For me it felt like they wanted employees there and didn’t care about employees having time with their families. They get months behind and expect employees to work 7 days to catch up but end up running out of parts and falling farther behind. Department managers and supervisors come across ignorant and disrespectful and power trippers as in treating employees as a body and not as person. They like to make changes at last minute with no employee notification it happened to me. If you miss work instead of contacting you and asking the supervisor just puts you in for vacation without your consent which is why I left. Any complaint fell on deaf ears so it just became pointless to say anything and the affect of that is you become so stressed out it starts to affect your work and personal life. Leadership is lacking within the company as in the ones in those positions are doing it for the money because my opinion being a veteran they don’t have what it is to be a good leader. When employees don’t wanna listen and/or work for managers/supervisors it becomes a problem and the company seems to ignore it. It started coming across that the company only cared about filling its bank account then -

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Short lunch break and very little family time

Decent place, decent people

Had a great time and did learn a lot. For the most part everyone I worked with was friendly and helpful. If you have a little experience or a recent weld school grad... then this is a great place to learn and further your skills.

JIT Production issues

Lots of shortages to contend with. Management is supportive but relentless. The people are great to work with, it's just the work itself that becomes burdensome and tiring.

Work/life balance

They say you'll enjoy working and only have to work 4 10 hour days but they turn around and slam you with 6 10 hour days every weeks and you never have time to do anything in your personal life they expect you at work no matter what and give short notice for the mandatory overtime. This overtime is pointless too because they are always short on parts and their storage are is full of vehicles. If you hav applied or were thinking about it, run while you still can.

Pros

Breaks

Cons

Constant overtime

The Grind

As a welder, I would say JLG is one of the better weld jobs I've had. It was adequately lit and the weld machines themselves worked well. There was one department that was problematic, for the ventilation was inadequate. Everyday I walked in, it was a haze of smoke still lingering from the previous shift. The work life balance is awful, especially for the off-shifts. I was mandated for OT many times and showed up for work without a full shifts worth of projects to do, pay wasn't great, but the welding itself is fairly easy, not a whole lot of out of position stuff.

Pros

Easy Training, Easy Welding, Smokers can take a 5

Cons

You live there, you're a replaceable gear

Job was good until they closed us down.

I worked in the distribution warehouse in Ohio before they shut it down. It was a good place to work and a rewarding job that you could work at for years and plan to retire from.

Pros

The work.

Cons

The shutdown.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JLG Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• JLG Industries