JULIUS BAER

JULIUS BAER Employee Reviews

Singapore13 reviews

Best 👍

Management is very friendly, career growth is looked after, learning is emphasized, etc.Normal 9-6 job with flexible working hours and location.Salaries Increments and Bonuses are awesome

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Too much time that might make you feel lost

IT Risk Management Asia - As a Risk Function Why Do We Report to the .. Head of IT Asia?

A typical day at work involves making life difficult for other risk functions or independent parties (is/ assurance folks you know who you are!).Where possible we are expected to scrub our information responses and evidences to our best effort prior to providing to requesting parties, such that we minimise the risk of being picked up or called out for findings/ gaps. Over time have developed strong ability in performing pre audit/ assurance review, best in class!Management is well versed on the IT skeletons and cans of worms, we are expected to find ways and means to bury and make them disappear. In the event we are unable to, a 'war of attrition' is expected to be put up.

Very terrible experience and the executive was irresponsible

The investment publishing team in Singapore branch offered me the offer and have signed the employment agreement between each party 2 months before the onboarding date. However, less than a week to onboard, the HR told me that the team manager decided to cancel and withdraw the offer without any compensation because of some internal adjustments. When I tried to communicate with the manager via email, she did not even reply in a single word. It left me a large opportunity cost to refind another job. I had a very terrible experience and bad impression on their bad faith.

no comment

I do not have much comment because i only work as a contract staff for 9 months. Company does not offer benefits to contract staff except salary and bonus

Great workplace culture

Employees are usually long serving which is proof to the great workplace culture. People across the bank are friendly and very approachable which is great help to one's learning. Superiors also genuinely care about helping build your career within the bank.

Productive and fun place

second company to work with . Learned a lot while working with Bank Julius baer . Different teams coordinate so well with each other to get the desired results.

Pros

Parties

Productive and fun place

Very productive and fun place where one can learn a lot. Loved the work culture of bank Julius baer , different teams co-ordinate so well with each other and respect each and every ones viewpoint.

Pros

Events

Cons

Plenty of opportunities to grow and contribute

3 main areas in my job scope: 1) Cost analysis and control Provided monthly expense scorecard to all department heads, highlighting significant variances Provided monthly expense scorecard to all department heads, highlighting significant variances 2) IT Financials and control Verification of all IT invoices to ensure appropriate approvals and correct cost allocation Monitored all IT projects against budget and provide monthly report to management Provide monthly Financial report for IT Department to Head Office 3) Supporting finance related IT projects

Pros

nice pantry, friendly culture

Decent Office Culture

From the view of a ground level backend associate, the culture is relatively relax as compared to most other corporate work places in the country. Improvements can be made at higher management level when it comes to manpower sourcing, retention and remuneration packages.

Pros

Decent work place culture overall

Cons

Management flaws and remuneration

Comfortable for Experienced Senior Hires

Good work life balance. Company is currently expanding aggressively in Asia. However, career progression is limited given that management roles are often filled by external hires rather than internal promotion.

Work life balance

As a contract staff I did not feel I am outsider, people are quite nice and friendly. Culture is good, If I can be perm staff that would great, but as my position requires oy contract staff that ia the only disadvantage for me.

Pros

free teas and coffee

Cons

Contract staff

Good working environment

While i working in BJB, i enjoy working with my colleague and boss. Everyone are friendly and willing to help each other. This is not just like a working place but like a family. I was having a great time working here, but it was unfortunate this only a contract job, once we finish the project, we have to move on.

Productive & fun place

Project based role, with a lot of interaction with stakeholders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JULIUS BAER. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare JULIUS BAER with