Keppel Corporation

Keppel Corporation Management reviews

Another great company to work for in terms of collaboration and support from senior management. Focuses a lot on continuous improvement and a fantastic team of trainers for that.
Very poor management and all bangala people not good . Don't have any eduation level but holding officer position. Too many under table with sub con and suppliers going on many years Keppel shipyard benoi electrical section manager nawaz and kalam doing own business in the company's If some can take care keppel better.
It was a nice environment and safe to work there. Safety more concern regards human health. The management are operative and communicative as well. I recommend to anyone to work for keppel.
The responsibilities and workload doesn't justify your salary. Manpower has always been a top issue in this co. due to high turnover rates and cut-cost measures, and because of that we have to be able to multi task and perform more than one role/task. On top of that, yearly increment for the last few years has been stagnant and significantly low due to slow business and economy. Appraisals are pointless even if you worked hard.
Pros
Good colleagues and co-workers. (Not senior level)
Cons
Have to be able to multi-task, high turnover rate, low increments and job insecurity.
- discipline at work place , good training course for the safety - big organization , attractive salary and attractive bonus - good management - learned new thing about ship building and improved my English thanks to colleague - going on board is hardest part of the job as lady
Pros
Free Transport, good medical leave and annual leave
Cons
Good Shipyard to learn conversion projects and new methodology. A good school to learn how to work. I really appreciate the guidance of the management staff
I learned a lot of this company, and also i create a lot of friends in this company and the management is very approachable, i enjoy a lot of this company.
Pros
Free Dinner
Cons
Long Hours
I worked at KeppelLogistics (More than 3 years) Pros -Nice Colleagues -Not much politics in normal staff level Cons -Company is badly affected by the corporation crisis -Company decision is highly influenced and determined by parent company -High turnover rate in late 2016 Advice to Management -Listen more to staff and check staff efficiency especially in the managers level
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management should listen more to staff
Always management rush to finish the job, very good safety work place no one compramise for safety. good day to day learning center every day can face different issue to intrest to solve it. I dislike last 3 years to taper down annual wage.
Cons
Everyday need to come
Family like business company where management and executives are very direct with their words. Currently very messy with the reporting as companies are under going integration.
Top Management doesn't know what the minimum basic requirement of running a marina operations. Value papers (with no relevant experience) than experienced candidates.
Gained knowledge in project management as well as technical while working with a team which is open-minded and shared knowledge and information while working together. The hardest part of the job is always the tight schedule of the project while electrical need a lot of communication among the team players so as minimum mistakes to ensure the project can proceed and delivered on time.
Management Trainee scheme which allows rotation of a trainee across all Sections. Plenty of opportunities to learn on ship building and ship repair. Learn to manage work groups on site.
Cons
Safety is Priority, Good Management, Megastructures, Nice Colleagues, Design Improvement Efficiency Task force member, Cost effective, Celebration of events in groups
Exciting and fast moving industries. Need to work more than 8 hours. Also stress working environment due to meet expectations project dead line schedule.
Safe working place, Safety is high priority Continuous job based Training Programme Good communication with Management and employees
I move very friendly with my co-workers. I can work day or night long hours. if I feel lazy then very hardest to work. if work everyday then I never feel lazy. everyday work without leave is the most enjoyadle to work. Iif I have any problem in my work then I will discuss with my officer and management.
Pros
free launch and traval
Cons
Overall environment is conducive to work in but can improve in terms of career progression for employees. Management is understanding and thoughtful.
Any typical day at work in the shipyard is highly intense, stressful and dynamic. There are multiple coordination to be done among different trades and disciplines to ensure the continuity of work in the construction of the project with the top priority being the safety of the people working on the vessel. Management stresses on the completion of daily work to keep up with the schedule. There may be additional manpower coming into the project gradually increasing the supervision of workers on board highly critical to ensure continued productivity and safety. Co-workers are mostly cooperative and recognizes teamwork to achieve success in the project. Hardest part of the job would be to motivate co-workers constantly over long haul of the project. Most enjoyable part of the job is to see the completion of the project and expression of true joy on everyone's' faces.
Pros
Attractive Variable Bonus
Cons
good as work in working places. good communication work hard learn more in commissionning.good as to all. management level is ok.se times we work in pressure, but we enjoy in our work.
project managers are involved in programming and support work though it is compensated at the bonuses given. No glory going up the ladder as you will still do the same as what executives are doing.
Pros
Good bonuses and culture
Cons
Expect to wear many hats