Khoo Teck Puat Hospital

Khoo Teck Puat Hospital Employee Reviews

Singapore58 reviews
Friendly and Helpful colleagues.
Lots to learn from colleagues, doctors and meeting people from all aspect of life.

Fast Paced, lots of commitment to events done by KTPH like staying fit events, reading a book events.
I love the camaraderie and we work as a team..
KTPH always wins the patients satisfaction survey yearly.. We are always No.1

If I would be given the chance to work in KTPH... I love to be working there again.
Had to attend a lot of meetings and extra classes before work starts which are not being considered as over time or time off. This can be draining. Hence lacking a lot in the work/life balance here.
Although it was a temporary job for a short period of time, the colleagues were very nice and helpful. Anything i required help with, i could easily approach them. The atmosphere and environment was great too :)!
Pay is not comparable to other hospitals. Management does not listen to staff. Otherwise, ward staff are nice and friendly. Expect pressure and fast-paced. Would not recommend if you are looking for work-life balance.
The company’s facilities were of high standard, they gave me superb training in my field. The salary was good. But the nurse-patient ratio is not good, workload is too much for a nurse
I love the culture that the company adopts. It's all about work and life balance. Always seek for improvement in the workplace to serve the public better, and also improve ourselves to be better.

I learned about Kaizen and 5S from the company, and i'm happy to adopt it in my own home. It's a spark of joy!

Celebrate special occasions. Nurse day, PSA day, family day, public holidays etc. Any special occasions! The company cares for staffs, but working at a different department depends on what they need, so, there are some difficulties to work with the department manager.
Management is good and job well manage. We have good supervision in our job and assist by our colleagues. I would recommend my friend to work. I would like to continue my job in Khoo Teck Puat hospital.
A typical day at work consists of receiving, processing and testing patient samples. Depending on which section you are rotated to, you will work on different types of patient samples (e.g. blood, urine, feces etc) and perform different tests on the samples.

I learned a lot of laboratory techniques. Everyone was very friendly, helpful and patient in teaching me during my internship. Overall, it was a nice working environment.
Miss working. Hoping to get back to work soon. Working at sports medicine was challenging as we have both physio and Doctor patients. Appointment making, Registration and collecting payment was my main job there. Hope to get a job soon
Doing culling is boring. Some of the staff are unforgiving. Working for 5.5 days with alternate saturdays can be life depriving. Going to work at 8:30 a.m and leaving work at 5:30 p.m is way too long. 1 Hour of lunch break is not long enough
Patient & staff orientated company. A learning base company. Very conduicive place to work. Convience, mrt & interchage within walking distance, easy to assess.
A Patient-Centered Hospital who viewed patient hollistically. I learned to become strong emotionally. They provide trainings for their employee. Some of the staff are bully but not all.The workload is different every shift
this review was based on my internship experience there. it may or may not provide a complete picture of its entire culture. overall, the workplace has a culture of work life balance.
Work as a patient associate.

Worked with nurses and doctor.

Deal with patients payment and medical conditions.

In patient and out patients in hospitals.

Collect all data for patients and file them in.

Update patients record and personal details.

Meeting patients caregivers.

understanding patients sickness and well-being.

Talk to patient from time to time.
It is a multi-cultural workplace that aims to provide clients a hassle-free environment. Shifting schedules everyday and rotation to different areas in the Acute and Emergency Care Department has been assigned before starting the shift. Team work and saving lives is what the multidisciplinary team aims always.
Good colleagues and supportive management.
A great place to learn.

Has structured courses that can groom a worker to grow.

You can expect career progression and development.

Good working culture

I miss KTPH!
Working in a multidisciplinary setting to treat a broad spectrum of patients ranging from general low risk foot assessments to high-risk diabetic ulcer patients.
Nice staffs
Teamwork

A real "patient's right" hospital

Strict Nurse Manager but still nice

Trainings provided

Extra activities must be attended

Need to be positive and prepare yourself for a heavy duty

Can work nicely if your with a nice colleagues
Pros
nice worplace, teamwork, nice patients, nurse seniors are smart, colleagues are helpful, friendly
the most enjoy of my work is have a group of friend work together everyday all very helpful an nice.hardest part is need to give more patient to all patient that come to hospital with sick.the management good,workplace nice ,environment good and i learned to be more patient and careful when doing my jobs.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
shortbreaks
Flexible working hours. Friendly environment and able to communicate with fellow colleagues easily. Location is easily accessible. Nearby food courts and food centres.