KK Women's and Children's Hospital

KK Women's and Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Singapore39 reviews

Warm working culture.

The best working culture i have experienced for my 10 years working experience thus far. Here is your ideal next destination! Friendly colleatues, not much so call office politics here!

fun workplace with trustworthy colleague

good paymaster nice hospital environment staff benefits job culture management salary benefits job security management job work life balance job culture

International work environment

Typical day is busy with lots of outpatients and inpatients, I have learned advanced laparoscopic skills and patient management, work culture is very respectful and enjoyable.

Good Training program. Very good patient care.

The training program in this company is very good. I have learned so much as a Radiographer especially in Sonography. They provide the best patient care.

Good working experience

Career ladder is great even for foreigners. However, they dont support family migration. Salary wise and bonus were satisfactory compare to other hospitals.

state of the art hospital with excellent service

KKH is a state of the art hospital and delivers excellent service to women and children . Management is very good and staff are well trained. Monetary compensation is good. However work-life balance can be limited because of workload, having a 24 hour shift 5-6x/month. Otherwise, service to patients has always been excellent.

Can see and know a whole lot of characters

A typical day would be I can do my job efficiently, without adding work, which at times need not to be done by me. But as a staff in of a team, I'm always more than ok to lend a hand. A bad day, when other staff do not help me, when I'm in need to answer questions which definitely not under my means to advise parents.

Pros

Life experiences

Cons

Shift work

Career Growth Opportunities

A lot of development opportunities in terms of seminar and trainings. Plans on career growth is a also a priority that's why weekly meetings and updates are made.

Ambivalence feelings. Fun and Sad

Its for children and women's hospital. I was assigned in Medical pediatric ward. Our patients was newborn to 2 years of age. It was one of the busy ward I think. We are short staff during my time a lot of staff was resigned bu mostly is migrating to other country. Its was fun working with the child. Sometimes parents are stressed but we understand that as a Nurses. Good thing is the transportation is really good. I learned more focus on handling children. Its not easy but I did make it. And I'm happy for my experience.

Pros

Free breakfast every monday

Cons

Busy

The best in Gynecology

Sonography in Gynecology Cases Doing Scan for the Pregnant in First Trimester i learned about all about the Pathologies in Gynecology cases Discussing to the doctor all the difficult cases

Pros

Good Paying Job

Cons

It is a very fast paced working place

Depending on what is your section, your workload may be different. In outpatient, it is very high patient load and quite a lot of things to on a everyday basis.

great PT team to work in

Has a good and supportive work culture, focussed on research and evidence based care. Does not provide great opportunity to work with other health care professionals

Nice place to work if you love children

Since it is a children and women's hospital, I gained different experience during working there. Even though management is different from the other areas, I had the best team members and best colleagues to work with.

Cons

customer service, complaints

Amiable working environment with help full senior staffs.

Amiable working environment with help full senior staffs. Office work hours with 9 to 6 pm working schedule. Everyone is willing to lend a helping when asked for. Working environment was great.

Pros

staff canteen

Has great benefits and equal career advancement opportunities.

Provides good benefits to every employee. With great career advancement opportunities. Always prioritized the welfare and well being of its employees.

Pros

Meal allowance, shift allowance

Cons

High workload

A learning Environment

You will learn a lot from your colleagues while having fun and working harmoniously with them. They offer in service trainings that trained nurses to be an effective nurse for the children.

Cons

Big crowd of patients everyday

Challenging to work.

5-day compressed work week Flexi-time Part-time 12-hour shift rotation Our people enjoy many opportunities for career development in addition to the satisfaction of supporting women and children in their healthcare journey. As an equal opportunity employer, KKH values people for their capability. We understand that people with disabilities are equally able to contribute to the workplace. KKH supports and hires persons with disabilities and is committed to enabling them to lead independent lives

it was a good experience

coming out as a newbie. It wasn't easy. But a good training ground i would consider. A lot of ups and downs. I just didn't really enjoy the shift work

Pros

learning

Cons

no work-life balance

Good work life balance and family orientated team

When not in office keying data and doing administrative work, my typical day would start off at preschool in various locations of Singapore. Working at KK Hospital, I was able to learn how to better multitask and coordinate schedules as well as being able to communicate well with my team has enabled me to learn much more not just about work but also life skills. Working with the team was the most enjoyable part of work as everyone does their best and always tries to communicate openly so as to be able to work more effectively as well as the care and concern for each other was always genuine.

Abuse of Authority

There is personal liking in the work place and grouping business The supervisor is bias and abuse of the authority. The supervisor is not willing to send workers for training and upgrading

Pros

I have a group of good friends in the working place However they can't help much

Cons

most of the weekend and public holiday I need to work

very face paced

It is very good place to gain knowledge and experience, however it requires you to be always on the move and have long standing hours. Also, you have to be fast to react and always thinking.

Pros

staff louge

Cons

very hectic and fast paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KK Women's and Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

KK Women's and Children's Hospital Reviews by Location