KPMG

KPMG Employee Reviews for Associate

Found 172 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,953 reviews

Good advancement

Good place to advance in your career, it is easy to get a promotion every year. You would be in a good place to succeed if you are able to take stress and long working hours.

Great culture

Great Corp culture. Co work treating each other with respectful and appreciation. Working many overtime. Have personal time off days and summer firm shut down which could make my work life balance.

Typical Consulting Firm

KPMG is a typical consulting firm. The firm provides adequate compensation and benefits. Have to work hard for job advancement and work/life balance.

Worth the Experience

Great place to start your career at. But staying long term is not for everyone. There are tons of learning opportunities and if you are a go-getter and high-achiever (and can work A LOT), you will do great here. The work can be a bit too demanding and stressful for some, though.

Pros

Learning Opportunities, Networking

Cons

Work/Life Balance, Can be stressful and demanding

KPMG is a fantastic place to work and really values the advancement of their employees

KPMG has been a great place for me to start my career. The management teams here have ensured that I am learning various skills that I receive exposure to many different clients and industries for my benefit. The company is extremely flexible when working to make sure that you are pursing the goals that you would like within the bounds of the jobs. There are times when I feel like I am being asked to, or are actively engaging in projects that call for more experience. In those cases I feel like I am being under compensated as I am doing work at a higher level than what I am being paid to do.

Pros

flexibility in the work and client portfolio, great benefits, industry exposure, upskilling is supported and funded

Cons

long working hours, under compensated for certain work, lots of internal training

Typical Big 4 Accounting

Stressful job with a significant hour requirement during busy season. But good experience, you will learn a lot and you will have lots of opportunity to grow in your career.

Great place to start a Career

Working in KPMG’s Deal Advisory space a can be fun and challenging. It all depends on the mindset with with you approach the task. The hours can be tough significantly impacting work life balance but if you have an awesome team you’ll very rarely feel it. The work it’s self is pretty cool; working in the space helps you see lots of different companies and get under the hood of those companies to see how they run and make money. I think it’s invaluable experience but your mileage may vary. All in all I think it’s a great place to start a career in the finance/accounting/consulting space.

Kpmg audit

Audit is audit buts it’s the best of the B4 in my opinion. Career coaches are usually very helpful and care about your growth.

Pros

Training, advancement opportunities

Cons

Work life balance

Typical Big 4 - Rough busy seasons & not enough work life balance

Long hours and work life balance is not always great. Schedule can change week to week/month to month due to nature of job. Didn't really have any say about what project you get placed on which isn't always great if you get stuck on a client engagement you don't enjoy. Good benefits and company perks, but pay should have been more compared to industry. People are frequently overworked and burnt out. Trainings were fun and learned a lot, especially when new. Great people - made some great friends. You do learn a ton though because you're forced to so it is a great way to quickly advance your career. There is high turnover at a lot of Big 4 companies.

It’s good for recent under grads

Had fun as a recent undergrad and felt invested in. However, travel and unpredictable schedule was not sustainable. Nonetheless, I learned a lot and enjoyed my time there.

Jobs at KPMG

Associate positions
See more jobs

Classic Big 4

Working hard from associate to senior to manager. There is a classic path to partner or you can hop out like so many do after a few years. Big clients, large engagements. Fast paced. Low pay for the hours.

Pros

Resume builder

Cons

Hours and pay

Company doesn't practice what they preach

The firm has excellent benefits, but the culture is something to desire. If you are not an Associate or above, you will not have a voice and often left out. They speak on Inclusion and Diversity, but the numbers does not show that. If you are a minority your chances on succeeding are slim to none. Please take heed to this advice and do your due diligence before applying or accepting a job with this firm.

Pros

Flexibility to work remote

Cons

Culture and inclusion and diversity doesn't exist.

Great Firm with excellent opportunities for growth and advancement

Your experience will entirely depend on your engagement and/or team. You can be put on an absolute dumpster fire of a project and have a dreadful experience, or you can get put on an excellent project and end up wondering why some of your peers are so stressed and contemplating jumping off a bridge. I was fortunate to be put on a great project and have had an excellent experience thus far. Oth I have heard a couple of my fellow new hires have been put on terrible projects and I genuinely feel bad for them. The concerns i’ve heard are incompetent managers, Senior Associate with little to no accountability for the success of their new associates, and unusually long hours. Overall my experience has been a super positive one.

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Flexibility

Cons

Hours, certain projects

Amazing place to start

KPMG is an amazing place to begin your career, extremely supporting company depending on the service, only qualm would be the pay. but you get the chance to work on various projects which definitely aids your growth

Run for the hills!

I started off with the firm on an outstanding note for about a year (despite lack of pay for grueling work and exhausting hours and utter disregard for work / life balance). When I transitioned to a new engagement, I received next to no training for my position. This set me up for failure immediately, especially as a recent graduate just beginning my career. I was told repeatedly by colleagues that I did not belong with KPMG because I didn't major in business or accounting. Due to frequent questioning and doubts as to why I'm apart of the firm, I struggled feeling a sense of belonging. My manager was very unprofessional, who micromanaged and forwarded me emails containing catty, negative discussions between other colleagues about me. The directors and managers were only concerned about promoting themselves rather than genuinely caring about employees and the client. Toxic environment and toxic, fake people. If you don't possess a Type A personality or superiority complex or (god forbid) didn't study business or accounting, run far away. Many individuals have had great experiences with KPMG and I wish I had the same opportunity. Proud to say I am no longer with the firm and now very happy in my new work with a fantastic company.

Nice place to work

It was an excellent experience working under KPMG. My seniors are very helpful they thought so many things to me from them I learned a lot from them. There was a very beautiful lunch area with a snooker table and a PS4 game to chill. Every 1-3 Monday 1$ beer I never forgot :) haha, nice place to work.

Pros

Atmostfare, Team mates, Environment

Cons

Working Stress

Overall good

Overall, I had a good experience working here. People are nice and helpful. A lot of learning opportunities available as well within the company by taking on projects.

Competitive place to be

Overall a good work environment. Company cares about the day to day well being of employees and are always willing to change them. The hardest part of the job is the lack of time for personal projects

good but not super

not a technical company, it's a ca company joining here expecting enhancement in technical knowledge is a scam. It does not use any latest technology.

Pros

work life balance

Cons

no knowledge improvement

Good work place

Good work place to work for to develop yourself and your skills. Gives opportunities to develop yourself. Adds value to your CV since its a Big 4 firm.

Great people to work with

Great place to work, super smart people. Loved working there, super flexible and open minded management. Company invest in their employees and so many opportunities to learn and move around.

Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K