KPMG

KPMG Employee Reviews for Senior Associate

Found 208 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,955 reviews

Typical big4

Work extremely long hours. Luck of the draw whether you get a good team or manager. Some managers and bosses are very unappreciative of your work. Ratings are also not fair as it depends on the project assigned to you

Pros

Great colleagues

Cons

Stable job with good opportunities

Overall, there is a clear path to promotion and good benefits. However, pay is not worth it for all the hours you have to work. Your personal experience will depend on the people you work with and the client you are placed on.

Typical Public Accounting Firm - Long Hours, Low Pay

Typical Big 4 firm where most engagements are understaffed and overtime is the norm. Culture is dependent on the team you're working with. It's a great place to get exposure to large clients in different industries but not a great place if you're looking for work/life balance. Good parental leave and PTO but other benefits (health, dental, retirement) are just okay.

Pros

Good experience, career advancement, job security, great coworkers

Cons

Long hours, low pay, some teams with toxic management

Great career start

Great start to career but experience can change just based on who you’re working with. I do appreciate the individuals I have met here in Portland as they are a good personable group.

Pros

Food, coffee, flexibility

Cons

Pay

Good people but stuck in a old way

people are generally nice. good for growthploitics are too muchgrowing paincopycats other big fourneed to comform to their stylepay less then other big 4

Pros

people

Cons

management

Great name recognition but underpaid

Great firm name recognition and upward mobility. Under market pay. Advisory pays way better than audit. There is great flexibility in terms of scheduling in advisory but not in audit.

Good starting point for fresh grads

Generally a good company with structured learning and career progression eg promotion every year. Long working hours. Good if you are looking to progress in finance or auditing.

Pros

Financial analysis, structured training, diverse exposure, project management

Cons

OT a lot with low pay

Decent

This is a public accounting firm with the global brand. With that being said seasonal long hours are expected. However, the firm cares and you may constantly feel it. I am working with amazing people. Even in the pandemic world you feel cared and connected to your employer. The professional development is constantly supported.

Meh

Not worth it. Long hours. Highly stressed environment once you’re promoted to senior. High performance culture. Typical political big 4 environment. Lots of networking events

Typical Big 4

Typical Big 4 experience. Eager high achievers getting overworked and underpaid. Busy season is not a season, you stay in overtime most of the year. Learned a lot but until the partners and MDs retire and a younger management group is promoted there doesn’t seem to be much changing in the toxic overwork environment. Minimal work life balance but hours flexibility is nice.

Pros

Busy season perks, diversity initiatives, mentoring

Cons

Hours, management attitude, small bonus

Good company but lots of cons

KPMG was definitely a journey. It seems like the management didn't really care what kind of projects that they took on and what that meant for employees. However, I learned more than I could have imagined, worked with some really smart people, and the benefits are great. You also get a chance to work with other large companies.

Pros

Benefits, compensation, people, opportunities

Cons

Mangagement, hierarchy, long hours

Working remote before COVID, but corporate culture is the best

KPMG actually values their employees, though your management, compensation, and advancement do not actively reflect it. KPMG has 2 yearly shutdowns, one over Christmas, and the other over 4th of July for a paid week that doesn't count against your vacation time. Surprisingly weak on the benefits and pay side, it is a fun company to work at.

Pros

Culture, time-off

Cons

Advancement, benefits

Great People, Long Hours and High Stress

The work can vary from fairly interesting to pretty mundane, but the thing that makes KPMG what it is are the people. That is definitely the best part about working here. Besides that, it is a high stress environment with long hours. Management does try to recognize performance though.

Fun teammates

Fun times with initial manager but not so happy with subsequent manager. Learn alot work hard to meet engagement deliverables and quality work products

Pros

Excellent supportive senior management

Cons

Lack of work in some labor categories

Good place to grow a career

Great place to get trained and build your career - tough hours but the trade off is worth it. Recommend you stay until senior associate at a minimum.

Management Consulting not in focus

Management consulting not in focus, hence little motivation to work there, as silos mentality creates road blocker in own development within the consulting department.

Pros

sadasd

Cons

sfdsfdf

Diversity = pro; compensation = con

I really enjoy the jobs I am placed on and the people I work with. I think the firm does a good job advancing inclusion & diversity programs. One downfall is that I don’t feel compensated for the level of effort I put in, but they’re in the process of changing the way reviews are completed so I’m hopeful it’ll change.

Good Place for Entry Level

At least in my area of expertise and within my team, I felt I had plenty of exposure to a variety of different kinds of work under different managers. I think this is a great thing for entry level workers who may not know exactly what they want to do with their careers. Longer run, in consulting you need to become more specialized to stay in, but for a first job out of college I would recommend KPMG. However, the culture of each team and line of business can vary greatly, which one should also keep in mind.

Excellent

Excellent work environment and very good learning opportunities.Management is so cooperative and assist you in different tasks.Proper training sessions held which resulted in enhancement of knowledge and confidence.

Poor employment practises. Avoid!

Poor off-boarding processes where bosses ask you to leave early from notice period to save money. Poor promotion prospects in the year. No business in the company. Bonuses delayed. Hired employees asked to delay employment. Boring dinosaur slow company in adopting technology. Slow internet processes. No one wants to decide.

Pros

Leave can accumulate but can't use

Cons

Poor pay compared to other roles outside. No appreciation of staff

Minimal work life balance

Learnt a lot of Excel, stakeholder management and different cultures. The environment is strict, and the pace is highly fast and stressful. I did enjoy the people and I think that the leadership style could be less hierachial.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K
2.6K
1.4K

• KPMG
  • Senior Associate
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?