KPMG

KPMG Employee Reviews for Senior Auditor

Found 227 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,955 reviews

Typical audit experience

Joining as a fresh graduate, training will be provided and accounting foundation will be built throughout engagements. Generally pleasant colleagues to work with. Expect late nights and deadline, as usual in the audit industry.

Pros

Build audit and accounting foundation

Cons

Long hours and stressful

Senior Audit Associate

Working at KPMG I learned a lot but I’m not sure I always felt set up for success. Managers are quick to blame staff for their decision to under allocate resources to jobs. Keep the Partners Money Growing.

Pros

CPA Bonus, PTO if you can take it

Cons

Busy season, cliques

You can learn a lot

KPMG is a very good company to grow, you can develop your career inside or if you want to work in another company. Also you can have very good co-workers

Pros

You can learn and grow

Cons

You sacrifice a lot of time working

Wonderful experience in KPMG

No company like KPMG excellent work space and environment need a proper training then do apply here as KPMG is the best investment in life and turning point of career along a brand of life . One of the big 4 Audit firm .

Pros

Very comfortable and caring seniors

Cons

Only workaholic apply here

Great People to work with but lots of work

All the staff and managers where great but busy season sucked working 60-100 hrs per week and lots of travel. Tons of company happy hrs and events. Great place to start a career and give you the upper-hand when applying to another job.

Pros

Lots of Happy Hours and other staff in the office

Cons

Long hrs, no work life balance

Overall, great place to start career

I have no complaints over starting my career at KPMG. I lasted three years until a senior auditor and left to pursue internal audit knowing the skills I took with me would be valuable.

Pros

People, experience, perks

Cons

Long hours, high stress

fun workplace

- Good workplace and professional - Pay above the market - Provide enough training - Partners are very good and they used the open door policy as you can talk to them anytime

Great people, great learning experience, terrible hours

The people who work at KPMG are great to work for and with, the work itself is typical audit work for large clients. You learn a lot but are underpaid and overworked.

Challenging and Competitive Environment

A day at KPMG begins with few initial trackers completed for admin stuff related to my team members to understand staff's availability. Post which completing our own allocated work and communicating effectively with onshore colleague and challenging them as and when required in terms of procedures being performed. I was able to apply accounting knowledge accumulated through ACCA at my regular day of job such as IFRS 9, 15 and 16. Management is always understanding of the issues that staff might be dealing with and are co-operating. Best thing about the job were the social activities in place to bring the entire team together which helps us to work in a more efective and efficient manner.

Productive and competitive workplace

Upon gaining my CPA designation, I gained valuable public accounting experience in assurance. I learned to apply the technical concepts from ASPE and conducted notice-to-reader and review engagements.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at KPMG?

Fast-paced work environment with lots of opportunity for growth

Great place for a recent accounting grad who wants to rise fast in the accounting career. Lots to learn and boundless opportunities for a go-getter to advance.

Environnement d'excellence

Le groupe kpmg est un groupe d'excellence et ambitieux, dote de moyens lui permettant d'accompagner ses clients dans toutes les situations et d'affronter tous les defis. L'aspect collaboratif est tres present au sein des equipes.

The exposure and experience is great for those ready to learn

You will be involved in planning and executing statutory audit engagements. There is tons of contents to learn aside the busy schedule and tight deadlines. It's a learning environment.

Good place to improve accounting and auditing knowledge

Overall, working in KPMG is good. While I highly valued my time at my previous company, there are no longer opportunities for growth that align with my career goals.

Challenging and Rewarding

Challenging and rewarding place to work. Surrounding by extremely intelligent people with strong work ethic. Great place to start a career. Learned something new each and every day.

First work experience

KPMG was my first employer. Interesting areas of work, but very stressful and a lot of work. Salary is average, if any. Highly recommended as a job entry.

Very stressful environment

overall experience gained is worth it. however the amount stress and pressure is unbelievable. Through out the year you will be under continues pressure dealing with multiple back to back clients with no breaks.

Pros

experiences and job security

Cons

very long and stressful working hours

productivity

My time working at KPMG was excellent. Excellent exposure and introduction into the work life of a audit .Very friendly and helpful coworkers who were eager to assist interns.

Good Place to start career

KPMG is a very good.place to start your career. Everyday is an opportunity to learn something- both soft skills and technical knowledge. You are given lots of responsibilities even after just 2 years at the firm. You have the privilege of exploring several companies .You have the opportunity to meet CEOs, MDs, CFOs you probably only hear of in the news. It coul be stressful but its worth it.

Job Security/Advancement is good

A typical day as a senior analyst is related to performing audit procedures to obtain sufficient and appropriate audit evidence on management assertions on the various financial statement balances. In addition to those, I also worked on statutory audits and advisory services under both of PRC GAAP and IFRS, follow up with internal/external department ensure financial documentation prepared/completed is accurate and properly is crucial as well. I believe this work ethic and experience at KPMG would lay a solid foundation for becoming a business professional in the future.

KPMG was an awesome place - the people, the culture, personal development, coaching and mentoring as well as socialization.

Lessons -Multi-tasking -Business, telephone and table Etiquette -Confidence Management -It was a mix of autocracy and democracy Hardest part -Motivating and mentoring junior associates trying to balance between school and work earning a living wage Most Enjoyable part -Networking -Sports and wellness days -Humanitarian work

2.4K