Lonza logo
Lonza

Lonza

Lonza Employee Review

I learned a lot in my two summers there as an intern

A typical day at Lonza usually consisted of me reporting to my manger in the morning and letting them know where I was on projects. Then I was usually assigned something else or to continue what I was working on. There were so many learning opportunities being the intern because I got moved from place to place to experience different things. From working in maintenance, the pilot plant, and on the floor, I learned how to work independently and in teams. I put together capital projects and saw how you go about putting them together from the quoting, the rules and laws that need to be followed, to the actual installing of projects. I also worked on some group projects, one specifically being a small scale up project in the pilot plant. The people there were great and very helpful for me as an intern and everyone was always willing to show me the way.

Terrible place to work

No planning. Ad hoc work a lot.Do it at your own risk.No people to guide you along.Work overload and too many thing to follow up.The working environment is lousy, people not friendly.Need to take care ownself backside.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

No leadership

Good working place

I was attached to Lonza for my internship. It was a good working experience and learned alot of manufacturing things. They have transportation from many MRT which makes traveling to work easier. the staff there are very nice and helpful.

Challenging work environment

As a CMO, Lonza is very sensitive about bottom line. A lot of decisions we make are based on getting the best profits out of the work. It is very fast-paced here. Work life balance can be challenging. People are friendly and collaborative, management however is very task oriented.