Lonza

Lonza Employee Reviews

I was attached to Lonza for my internship. It was a good working experience and learned alot of manufacturing things. They have transportation from many MRT which makes traveling to work easier. the staff there are very nice and helpful.
People are easy to work with. Lots of travel. Not enough time at home. Frequent change in direction and upper management. If you are not Swiss, you will hit a plateau / ceiling quickly.
Pros
good coffee, always leftover lunch food to eat.
Cons
healthcare and benefit packages were good when I starting working, but diminshed every year.
I worked very hard for Lonza, but my escalations were not taken seriously, even though they impacted on my deliverables.Lots of "secret" projects going on all the time, so not a very open place to work.
Pros
Lovely canteen area
Cons
Where do I start, this was one of the worst jobs I have ever had when comparing potential to reality. Pay is no where near competitive compared to surounding similar jobs. Direct shift manager was great but anyone above him was garbage when it comes to how they treated us. Paraded us as "essential" workers in Newspaper and then insulted us with $50 walmart gift cards while other companies gave cash bonuses that actually help. Also they have an overtime board that may as well be your Bible because you will need to look at it constantly.
Pros
One lead operator who basically does everyones jobs.
Cons
Everything else.
Everything was good until I got hired I was promised all kind of compensation in my interview and did not receive it so i stuck it out because it was ok to work 15 days a month. Then the pandemic started and we had to work a lot of overtime I hated that. The managerial system is made for them and not the employees
Pros
A lot of down time
Cons
Short breaks compensation management
Great place to work I am just looking for a permanent position. The staff are very knowledgeable and willing to train you to knew things. There is plenty of room for advancement if you are a permanent employee. It is a huge company reaching world wide if you wished to relocate. They offer free tuition to any permanent employee with one year of employment.
Pros
overtime
Cons
temporary position
Poor management at work. There are not control over daily basics and usually it’s a chaotic. Meetings for everything,even for silly reasons. Only a few commitments workers most of the people more interested to avoid do the work.
Lonza overall is a solid career move if you have experience in Therapeutic Protein Manufacturing or education in environmental science or bioscience. Working in the Suites is very fast paced but people are often very helpful in making sure new team members aren't left behind. The real money comes after 5-7 years of continuous employment.
Pros
Solid work schedule with multiple days off in a row, excellent culture, cafeteria is excellent and subsidized by the company.
Cons
If you end up working overnight shift prepare for a major change in social and family life.
Company never tells you information and lie about things given to you for publicity and no one cares about any complaints or issues you have it's the worst place I've ever worked
It was an awesome Experience.I hated to see it end. The Company laid me off with no reasonable excuse or Lead way. I felt our entire department was not treated fairly...
Pros
Drive time Pay and Mileage.
Cons
Adp
Although I liked my job and everyone on my team, management in my department was very demeaning and dictatorial. Expected to work 12-14 hour days every day. After a year, I tried to take my 2 weeks vacation time and was denied every request until I took it above my manager's head. I left after a year and a half. Shortest stint at a job in my entire career!!
Pros
Great onsite cafeteria and gym
Cons
Quick to burn out
The company does not care about work, life and balance. All they want from you is to work long period of time to finish the tasks and will give you more workloads. Management planning is really bad.
Pros
Good 401K match
Cons
Terrible long hours of work
Clear sense of purpose in the jobs performed. Technical direction and support is superior. Everyone works as a team to meet common goals and daily objectives.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, support
Cons
24/7 365days Can be difficult on family life
If you have the right manager who believes in the Lonza way, which there are many, it's fantastic and fun. If you have manager who doesn't care about your well being and career growth, watch out.
Pros
Great fun work environment, meet many types of people.
Cons
The one bad egg who can ruin it for you.
It looks great on the surface but is the worst kind of company to work at. It is full of people who are truly only there for themselves. If you have even a tiny sense of work ethic and want to be on a great team, this is NOT the company for you. If you are a woman, you need to be the kind that hates other woman to get anywhere in the company. Horrible, horrible, horrible.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management, schedule, terrible cGMP
Toxic environment.Largely under-qualified, under-trained, under-motivated, and under-respected employee base.Management is more concerned about sounding or being right than doing right. HR is more concerned about protecting themselves than doing what is right and necessary. Management and HR are both skilled in saying supportive things but doing the opposite. Hourly pay and salaries are below the area industry average.More interpersonal drama among technicians than I have ever seen, anywhere. Ever.Many people are spiteful, malicious and deceitful. Many employees known to be actively involved in unlawful activities
Pros
N/a
Cons
Too many to list
This company is very UNPROFESSIONAL...........I am begging you please stay away. If they were too call me and say, we will pay you $500.00 and hour. I will pass. The human resources dept. are UNPROFESSIONAL... THEY JUST DON`T CARE.....I RATHER GO WORK AT A GAS STATION THEN THIS PLACE.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Worked there for 5 years. Gave me more responsibility but did not increase my pay or give me promotion. They also do not believe in helping employees advance their skills by attending seminars and classes.
I started right at the end of the "Bend Research, Inc" aka the "cowboy days." Then came Capsugel and along with it more stress, more buzzwords and attempts to improve low morale. Lonza bought us next and while many of us were optimistic, the global corporate leadership did not do much to improve the site. On a bonus, Seran Bio and Thermo Fisher were able to acquire a lot of good talent!
Pros
Nice facilities, some free food and drinks, on-site gym
Cons
salary and raises are low for the industry, only managers see most of the bonuses and raises, horrible benefits, Very high turnover
There is very strong favoritism throughout the entire warehouse department, it didn't matter too much your work moreso your name. When starting it was told that advancemts were all the time if you put in the work. However after putting in the work and meeting with them monthly about goals it never seemed to happen. The pay depends on what you asked for at the start, and you would not move from there due to poor raises even with great yearly reviews. The only okay raises was if you were promotes.
Pros
Great co-workers and benefits
Cons
Poor management and pay
Good pay, yes. The job is not worth it, just another company that believes if you aren't management your time with your family doesn't matter. So called "union" but no one looks out for anyone else and a big "me" environment. Basically if you can get by with less money, do it.
  1. Employee Reviews