Lonza

Lonza Employee Reviews

Nothing to disclose

The good thingsGood employee benefitsThe challengesEngineer limit of maximum OT claim same as technician but Engineer need to take more responsibility and accountability. Recommend Technician working there.

Diversity

The culture in Lonza is awesome, team building and the work environment is very good and fresh. We have a good balance of people of race, gender and experience. It makes the whole experience worth while in the Pharma world.

Great place to work.

Worked at Lonza for 4 years. Excellent company to work for. The working atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. Work is fast paced but enjoyable. Would definitely recommend.

Growing Company, Fast Paced Environment

The company is growing so fast that hiring for certain roles is sporadic and not well thought through. Often people are hired without basic qualifications for a given role. This creates frustration as I have found that colleagues with less experience and qualifications get promoted or delegated interesting or career-advancing roles over more experienced members of the team. Maybe this is just politics.The projects are very interesting and the environment is fast-paced.

Pros

Reimbursement for Travel

Cons

no healthcare, low-average pay

Plenty to get your teeth into

Plenty to get into following major internal projects that have taken place which have made a number of internal control issues visible, across both Finance and Operations areas. Certainly a challenge to get into, and with much of it being a blank canvas to resolve the issues, not only at the local level but at global levels (multiple sites across the globe are having the same issues).

Pros

Good team environment, new offices, relaxed working culture

Cons

Long hours at Period End, slightly chaotic Budgets and Audit process sometimes with unrealistic deadlines

Disorganized and Unfair

It's been the worst place I've ever worked at. They're constantly understaffed because corporate is always taking on new customers when they don't have enough staff to deal with the current customers. They regularly hire new people for more money than the current employees, only to have said employees train the new hires. You will get in trouble for not working OT on one day's notice. You have to constantly fight for the smallest raises and upper management is possibly the most out of touch people I've ever met.

Pros

Decent Benefits

Cons

Almost everything

One of the best places I've ever worked

There's not much to say negatively about this company. The pay is great, the work is relatively stress free, most everyone is respectful, and the company actually listens to you when you speak.

very interesting and collaborative team-work

interesting projects, good company culture, interesting field to work in. Appreciated the international setting, growing company and on-boarding new talents

Pros

lunch check cards

Machines were always down and workers had to do everything manually

I wouldn’t recommend to anyone. I had a nice harassment incident happen that no more under management seemed to care about. So if you want to feel safe I wouldn’t recommend working at lonza

Pros

30 min lunch and you didn’t have to stay on premises

Cons

Don’t care about workers

good people and well compensated

I love the people here in Lonza and I learn a lot of process techniques. Although the working hours is long and has a night shift, we have off every 2 or 3 days and I think the night shift pay is fair enough compared to other biopharma.

Great benefits and work life balance, slow professional development.

While the benefits are great and the work/life balance is nice, I constantly am sitting and waiting. Having ownership of work is difficult because of team structure.

Pros

Incredible benefits, work life balance.

Cons

Slow

Busy and fast paced environment

Very full busy days and difficult to meet timescales set out by managers. Good Shift pattern which is good for work life balance. Company are willing to train you for whichbl the pay is reasonable.

Environment de travail agréable

Je suis restée 10 ans et j'ai apprécié de travailler pour eux

Pros

Cuisine via Sodexo sur place prix pour le personnel avantageux

Cons

Victime d'harcèlement moral La responsable en question a été licenciée

La securite

Le manque de procedure securitaire, elles sont parfois incomplete ou manquantes pour certaines operations dangereuses .Les installations sont pour certaines non securise.Le manque de formation.

Pros

LE NOMBRE DE JOURS DE CONGE

Cons

LA SECURITE

Great place to advance in your career and personally.

Lonza is place where you can grow. I was very surprised in seeing the tenure of most colleagues they have. I left to pursue my own business but would have continued my career until retirement. You’re not just a number at each facility. Most upper managers make it a point to know their colleagues. The HR Team is invaluable making Human Relations a point. Great place all around!!

Pros

Healthcare is very affordable.

Cons

The 12 hour shifts are grueling but you get a lot time off as well. Just working weekends was hard.

Incredibly high turnover

A 4 day work week can be nice, although 10 or 12hr shifts mean you won’t have any freedom outside of work or life during those 4 days. Overtime is also always optional. The pay is very average. You will not advance or be recognized for your efforts. Expect to be in the same spot you are years from now. Accrue more responsibility, stress, and expectations, and watch your pay stay the same. Anyone who is a valuable worker figures this out and leaves within 6 months to a year.QA runs the show, there is no place for open discourse. Bend to the will of blind management. Decisions are made on a daily basis based on a whim rather than any solid reasoning. Management loves to powertrip and create thier own problems to try and solve in order to justify their existence, while completely avoiding the real elephants in the room. There is 0 accountability when things go wrong, so on the bright side, it’s impossible to be fired.

Excellent company with purpose to serve society

Excellent company outstanding benefits and great work/home life balance life. My management was outstanding, fantastic colleagues would recommend anybody. I can’t say much for Mandy of the other department management but my management was great work with us was compassionate when we needed something in general all the managers I saw supervisors or people who moved up within the company.

ZERO work-life balance

Where do I start: They are ALWAYS short staffed and on mandatory overtime. So if you never want to see your family, or like having to use vacation time, just to make a doctors appointment, then this is the place for you! We have been working months and months of ongoing overtime, wth no end in sight. They encourage a do-more-with-less culture, at least at the Greenwood SC plant, they seem to.The pay is very good and offer excellent benefits, they offer a sign on bonus to try to get people to work there, but people won't stay. They promise a lot, but read the fine print, as it all changes when you've been there a month or so. There is such HORRIBLE organization and communication there, starting with management on down, its almost comical. They refuse to listen to the employees or do things in a logical manner: As long as it looks good on their paperwork, that's all that matters, regardless as to whether employees suffer or not. There is also A LOT of favoritism, on 1 shift toward another, it's allowed and somewhat encouraged.

Pros

Good money, 401k, good insurance, pto time

Cons

Too much overtime, No organization or communication between management, Very understaffed for the unrealistic goals they set.

Collaborative and friendly workplace

The technical and soft skills I picked up at Lonza were very useful. My department was also very open and friendly, they helped me integrate into the workplace environment very smoothly. I'm glad I was able to apply the skills I learnt from my course into my work as well.

The upper management doesn't care about its employee's.Over time is over whelming.Work condtions are inhumane,

You might as well call it what it is.Torture, they work you to death with over time.60 to 72 hours is pretty much the demand.And management in totally thankless to you suffering.If you want a personal life , stay away .

Mediocre place to work

I think the pay is really bad , compared to other companies, there has been no salary reviews, i , you work so hard , and it seems that the normal workers do not get any recognition, only the Managers get seen for what they do , and it should not be like that , everyone in the company plays a big part so everyone should be recognised .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lonza. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Lonza
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?