Lonza

Lonza Employee Reviews

I was attached to Lonza for my internship. It was a good working experience and learned alot of manufacturing things. They have transportation from many MRT which makes traveling to work easier. the staff there are very nice and helpful.
I started right at the end of the "Bend Research, Inc" aka the "cowboy days." Then came Capsugel and along with it more stress, more buzzwords and attempts to improve low morale. Lonza bought us next and while many of us were optimistic, the global corporate leadership did not do much to improve the site. On a bonus, Seran Bio and Thermo Fisher were able to acquire a lot of good talent!
Pros
Nice facilities, some free food and drinks, on-site gym
Cons
salary and raises are low for the industry, only managers see most of the bonuses and raises, horrible benefits, Very high turnover
There is very strong favoritism throughout the entire warehouse department, it didn't matter too much your work moreso your name. When starting it was told that advancemts were all the time if you put in the work. However after putting in the work and meeting with them monthly about goals it never seemed to happen. The pay depends on what you asked for at the start, and you would not move from there due to poor raises even with great yearly reviews. The only okay raises was if you were promotes.
Pros
Great co-workers and benefits
Cons
Poor management and pay
Good pay, yes. The job is not worth it, just another company that believes if you aren't management your time with your family doesn't matter. So called "union" but no one looks out for anyone else and a big "me" environment. Basically if you can get by with less money, do it.
The time off and retirement are the key bennies at Lonza. The health insurance goes down in quality every year. Leadership is beyond terrible and out of touch. They have adopted the "Lean is Mean" mindset. Which really just means everyone is overworked, under-payed, and under-appreciated. They throw away money creating jobs that have no impact on day to day operations. People are promoted based on friendships, not on capabilities and improvements they have made in their department.
Pros
Nice Cafe, good schedule, good amount of vacation and sick, good 401k match
Cons
Leadership is out of touch, decisions are made by people who have never done the job before, pay is not comparable to same jobs in MA
If you are young and male and play soccer, you'll do great. This place is like a fraternity and it is all about who you know. Management doesn't care about most employees - you are just replaceable widgets they will work to death, unless you are a member of the brotherhood. Those folks take 2 hour lunches and go home at 5, while the rest of us pick up the slack.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Cliques, male dominated
Poor management and lack of leadership from any side. I would never want to work here again. They do not treat employees with respect. They are never going to have people join their specialty business.
Don't let them know if you are an engineer. Everyone thinks that engineers are know-it-alls. If you get in and have an engineering degree don't let them know that you want to be an engineer eventually. You will be treated like an outsider.
Benefits and bonuses were good. work culture was good. communication between shifts were awful. people put blame on other shift all the time. Too much gossip within company. If you do your job honestly, you would be okay and your hard work is noticed.
No work-life balance. People I worked with were team-players. Management was helpful. Unfortunately, company moved to Costa Rica. Some employees who are still with the company are now in Morristown, NJ. (Company used to be in Allendale, NJ)
The Rochester location is the absolute worst, safety only means something when there is a walkthrough/audit. I do not believe that they report every incident that occurs, nor are they very fond of women. If a woman reports that there is an issue with a man, it will be down played and they will make it seem like she misunderstood the mans intentions. In the past there were office personnel that fought for the workers and they suddenly 'resigned" the following day. WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! This location is an absolute joke. I truly dont believe they want women or African Americans working at this location.
While the compensation will appear a bit above average for pharmaceutical industry, the benefits are absolutely top notch and you will not find better. There are definitely growth opportunities, but I suspect that may only be while supplies last. On the flip side, the company grew exponentially in the last 2 years and is still completely disorganized as a result of the rapid expansion. Poor management decisions during the expansion has had lasting effects such as poor culture, outdated and poorly designed systems, and a strange and inefficient facility design. Global policies are often vague, poorly written and frequently ignored. Despite the cons, I still gave it a 4 star rating because compensation and growth are most important to me.
Pros
Compensation, Excellent Benefits, Occasional catering, Growth opportunities
Cons
Disorganized, Change Management, Accountability
While I was working for Lonza I got to know a lot of the employees and learned a lot about them. I loved my job. I actually wish I could go back there.
Pros
Cons
No vacation time
Good company to work at. Company is trying to do things right and the staff are working together to accomplish it. I worked at the facility in Walkersville, MD which has undergone a lot of improvement over the past 2 years.
Lonza is an excellent company to work for and compensates its employees well. They have excellent benefits and if you have an opportunity to work there jump at then chance, you wont be sorry.
Lonza was hostile to the employee, treating them as disposable. Highly experienced employees would leave, the pay was poor, and word got out. As my tenure there progressed, the quality of the hiring pool went from bringing in hard working quality educated and trained personnel were being replaced by less and less qualified people.
There is no support from management. Co -workers do not cooperate with each other. No strong leadership. Equipment break down and repair takes too long. Employees are leaving because there is no future within sight.
I had a great experience in hands-on laboratory learning with knowledgeable and experienced staff. They provide a flexible work schedule with competitive pay.
Its ok to work here but alot of people are just here to work and do not plan on being any kind of friend what so ever so if you like staying to your self this is for you
very hazardous place to work , alot of chemical dust floating around ( Cal Hypo ) very bad to breath, needs better ventilation in ware house and process area.
Stellenantritt Temporär, Festvertrag wird in Aussicht gestellt. Es geht aber nicht nach Leistung, Es bekommt der die Feststelle der gewissen Leuten gefällt. Lohn ist OK der einzige Unterschied zur anderen Seite des Zaunes ist die Schichtzulage. Ständige Stellenrochade. Und zum Schluss sehr Stressig. Teilweise ist man alleine für 1-2 Bahnen zuständig.
  1. Employee Reviews