Lonza

Lonza Employee Reviews

I was attached to Lonza for my internship. It was a good working experience and learned alot of manufacturing things. They have transportation from many MRT which makes traveling to work easier. the staff there are very nice and helpful.
Lonza was a good, if stressful, place to work, particularly the department I was in. The staff there were excellent people you can easily get along with and make friends with. One aspect that could be improved on is how quickly new starters are trained up on laboratory work; I experienced a wait of a month and a half when I started before I had laboratory training. The work can also seem a bit mundane and repetitive.
It's ok, mostly nice place to work, sometimes too complicated procedures which nobody knows or everybody knows different version It's most of good experience
i learned a lot like my first time driving a forklift and even using a pallet jack. Also the hard part was we used to work 12 hours shift and they would call me in to work my days off and that cause me to miss days on the days i had to work because i work so many hours through the week.
Not enough resources or budget to get the job done timely or accurately. Trying to change too many things at once and too many projects in play at once with extremely tight deadlines and unrealistic demands They need to slow down and focus on the big ticket items and give their employees the tools they need to succeed. It's not okay to hurry up and get it wrong, and they should not prefer speed over accuracy.
Great company to work for, monthly lunches, adjustable hours, friendly environment. Dept. outings for appreciaton of hard work. Lunch appreciation in the summer as well as in the Fall season. D.J. food and entertainment. Bagels every couple of months and work from home if needed for appointment. Mgr. was approachable and very understanding if you had any special request. Option to work from home and you could train for new task from home as well. Each one of us had laptop that would could take home.
Very excitng job as you work hands on making medicines as well as working well with other departments to make sure everything runs smoothly. Hardest part of the job is trying to do the activities planned in one day in the time your given as some of it is impossible.
The support and understanding from lab supervisors and managers is unbelievably comforting. While the senior management is lacking in knowledge of actual laboratory timelines, the direct managers work their hardest to support the chemists
Good people, decent pay, management was lacking. Advancement based on social cliques. Very good quality based culture. Hard to navigate social cliques and office politics.
Pros
pay, people, culture
Cons
office politics and social cliques
I worked with Lonza for over 8 years. It is a good company to work for at that time in my life I needed child care and now that I have that I am looking for another position.
Een goede werksfeer en veel afwisseling. Werknemer worden goed onderhouden
I was told that I was only averaging 43 hours a week and that wasn’t good enough. I was interviewed for one position and made to do something else upon hire( the old bate and switch) the person had turned in his notice after only 2 months. Managers are terrible, poor communication, bullies, and rude.
Pros
Good ERP system
Cons
No work/ life balance, inefficient, poor management
The company would do well if it had a better matrix organization with checks and balances when crucial decisions are made with regards to business operations, human resources etc.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Revolving door, large number of employees fired with each change of management, constantly changing strategy
Lack of leaders, the management style is appalling (4 heads of centre within 3 years ) HR support inexistant. It’s the 80/20 rule. 20% of the employees are absorbing 80% of the workload. Just another Shared service centre with its lot of setup and casting mistakes. That is applied to Manchester centre, not to the business as a whole.
A typical day at work is sitting in the warehouse that is noisy or sitting at a table by the bathroom which is disgusting, because there is no room for all of the employees they have hired then without regard to the employee, they decide to shift project funds somewhere else and lay you off without warning after being heavily pursued, relocated, and given over 100 SOP’s to complete within 90 days! This company is a joke! Not to mention there is no parking!
Highly regulated, collaborative and dynamic environment. Global company with manufacturing operations all over world. Strong emphasis on compliance and quality for registered actives.
I learned that customer service and satisfaction is paramount to a company's success. Innovation and the ability to adapt to change, especially with new technology, will continue a sustainable sales environment. Company began using new software along with tablet computers to better track customer satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of this job was, for me, the independence and free will I was given to do things in my own time frame. Only had to check in with manager once a week. However, he was always available in times of need.
The management is god awful at this place, leadership is not a word I would use to describe what they do there. Not to mention it's almost impossible to get their recruiter on the phone if you're trying to check in on your application. Don't go here unless you absolutely have to.
Cons
Bad Management
Great culture and employees are generally in good spirits and enjoyable environment. Lack of expertise causes issues as well as failure to update crippling processes.
Manufacturing culture is toxic, the hours are long and the hardest part of the job seems to be dealing with incompetent or miserable co workers. Management is poor and constantly changing. The training department is completely dysfunctional so attaining your qualifications is much harder than it should be. Turnover is very high.
Great company and full of smart people. it can be chaotic due to the pace of acquisitions and shifting priorities. You can lean a lot and work with interesting people from all over the world.
Pros
good compensation and benefits
  1. Employee Reviews