Lonza

Lonza Employee Reviews

I was attached to Lonza for my internship. It was a good working experience and learned alot of manufacturing things. They have transportation from many MRT which makes traveling to work easier. the staff there are very nice and helpful.
There are some teams with more members than needed who do not do nearly as much work as other teams that have fewer members. The workload in Sterility is immense and expect to work very very hard.
Was asked to do projects which violated data best practices to a significant degree which were outside industry norms. The Corporate IT group is quite far behind the times in policy and procedures. Pettiness and politics ruled. there is a lot of good reasons for the very high turnover
Empresa puntera en el ámbito de la producción farmacéutica.
Une des plus mauvaise experience a vivre dans une entreprise, insulte et menace de mort de la part du personnel encadrant.
I have worked at lonza for 14 years. Excellent with looking after staff and work life balance and also company benefits until start of 2019 where slighlt the quality is being reduced due to the quantity of work increasing
Pros
Friendly and supporting employees
Cons
Poor systems and processes
resources constrained to maximum, average work week among peers is 67 hrs, no opportunities for advancement. If you are not located in switzerland, you are expendible.
There is little to no room for advancement within this company unless you brown nose. Pay is good but not the best and definitely not enough to compensate for what you have to deal with daily. Turn over is very high and all shifts and departments are almost always understaffed. I really don't have much great to say about this company except that they give good yearly bonuses. Seems like everyone has a mental break as some point working here.
I worked for Lonza for many years and loved it! Great benefits and opportunities for those who wanted to grow with or without working for the company.
Ă© un'azienda che ti permette di imparare molto e velocemente. Il lavoro Ă© dinamico e sei abbastanza indipendente. Il Management Ă© molto presente. Il team collaborativo e socievole.
I enjoy working at Lonza but need to spend time in my city closer to my family as commuting is becoming difficult. I look forward to new challenges here locally.
Terrible, I don't recommend working for this company. They don't value staff, management do not care. Values and mission are all bluff and hot air. Stay away.
I wouldn’t go back. Not considerate of raising a family. If you’re single with no obligations go for it. I heard they have new management. Maybe things have changed?
I appreciate the the experience that Lonza (Grace St campus) gave me. At the same time management is passive aggressive and showed favoritism towards certain individuals. The office negativity is toxic and unneeded. Instead speaking negatively about other departments maybe they need to collaborate with with departments to work through their problems.
Alight place to work at it's better than most company's. Has a lot of way for contractors and full time employees to improve and move up in the company ranks.
As an intern I was trained specifically in the lab areas where I was expected to work, , and once training was complete I was left largely alone to complete my responsibilities. The freedom to self-pace and regulate my own workflow was refreshing, and thereby increased my satisfaction with the analysis I accomplished. The workplace was positive, and I received a great deal of extra education and encouragement from the other employees there. Along with the positive nature of the work, the general culture of the company was pleasant, and geared towards maintaining employee health and wellness.
If you're anything below a manager then you mean nothing to the business than a piece of machine. A good human-machine is the one that never breaks down, never needs maintenance and never gets overwhelmed no matter how unreasonable and inpropotionately they burden you, you just have no right to burn out. Those who actually do the work making it possible for the the rest 90% of the company to sit on their lazy behinds and talk about are treated like bare bottom feeders. They would completely bend over to their clients while turning the lives of their doers on lab and production floor into living inferno. And the worst of all is the mamagers'/directors' empty promises and insensere smiles at your face and doing downright opposite. Safety was also an issue. It took them 9 bloody months to supply anti-slip shoes procrastinating so irresponsibility even though there were slid and fall near misses, meanwhile emails and meetings would pour on you if a material didn't arrive on time. Outrageously enough, the it is constantly material planners' ineptitude that causes delays not you.
Working here was like being on a moving train, going full speed, and the tracks ahead were not yet complete. The processes were a mess, most of management didn't care as long as it made the client happy. They run down most of their employees and do not give them the tools to succeed. I mentioned to my boss multiple times that I was overwhelmed and could not keep up and it just continued. They pick and choose which shortcuts are acceptable and which are not.
Lonza is a good place to work.But I had to leave the company for personal reason.This company give everybody a good opportunity to advance in life.I did enjoy working for Lonza.
They treat employees very badly and act superior, targer employees and management is terrible. Very sketchy place, lots of illegal things going on from management and law breaking
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Management isn’t a thing here, No communication
Management can be stagnant in certain departments but will push the right candidate. There is a push to learn and a high level of experience in all departments
  1. Employee Reviews