Lonza

Lonza Employee Reviews

I was attached to Lonza for my internship. It was a good working experience and learned alot of manufacturing things. They have transportation from many MRT which makes traveling to work easier. the staff there are very nice and helpful.
If you don’t make friends with the right people, don’t think about moving up through the company. If you can show up, shut up, and do your job; you can have a long boring insignificant career. Good luck to all who enter here.
was a very good place to work very good good management the shifts was swing but very productive the job was steady plenty of of overtime there was diffrent classes on safety fork lift safety and also they had there own emergency team
Intense ever changing work environment. Great people and great pay. The area itself is not much to look at, but it's a good work environment. The worse part of the job is paperwork and working outside in harsh weather conditions.
Lonza is a global company with a great work environment and excellent training is provided for employees who want to progress themselves within the company. A good work culture with a lot of opportunities on a global scale.
Lonza is still trying to find and define itself. Not a company to join at this time as there’s a lot of uncertainty still going on. It was a great company to work for when the Atlanta site was still owned by Arch. As Lonza, not a great culture going on there at all at the moment. Most people come in not quite sure what their purpose is as there isn’t much going on right now. If you’re looking for a job, great place to join. If you’’re looking for a careeeer, not a great idea
As a CMO, Lonza is very sensitive about bottom line. A lot of decisions we make are based on getting the best profits out of the work. It is very fast-paced here. Work life balance can be challenging. People are friendly and collaborative, management however is very task oriented.
I was with this company for several years. I finally had achieved a position that I liked, good manager, *great* commute! The compensation was ok, and I liked what I was doing. I felt like I had power to enact positive change! However, management above my manager turned over (job market was hot), the company ran too thin (was having trouble filling positions) and lost direction. My manager was running several departments/groups now and didn't have much time to review and approve projects. Simple SOP revisions took 3, 4, then 5 months. My workload continued to increase as I was identified as a hard worker and the company grew, but no headcount was added to our department. Even if the headcount was hypothetically approved, HR would be very slow in hiring. Internal hires took 2-3 months. I couldn't make much positive change any more; up to 50% of my time was spent in meetings with no agendas that were scheduled by people above my level. Sometimes I showed up and I was leading the meeting (surprise!) The new management was not collaborative, focused, or professional. One individual shouted at staff until red in the face. I started having a hard time keeping it together; every day became so frustrating. I realized I could do better for myself and for others; I was becoming negative and that's just not who I am!
Pros
Flex hours; no income tax in NH!
Cons
Pass-the-buck culture
Was a great place to work and grow a career. A truly global company and culture. With recent US office relocation and senior management changes, things may be different now and in the future.
Biased, unprofessional team in general. Have no desire to provide directions to any employee. Non cooperative team in general, untrue and misleading team in general. Poor and untrue information provided to new employees. In general the management needs to look at the bigger picture prior to forcing people to leave just because they are out spoken,. Due to poor and misleading information provided by middle management the organization cannot retain great workers. Old timers just enjoy and produce minimum work.
You're basically working on a stairmaster for 12 hrs. Few breaks. Unorganized. Manager of F3 looks to blame and publicly shame you for bad procedures.
Pros
Portsmouth is a nice location
Cons
Management, time off, no breaks, unreasonable schedule, not GMP
Focused on building pharma side of business. Restructured specialty chemical division and laid off many good people. There was no consideration of skills or performance. Positions were eliminated and people were let go with no notice.
We were always very busy. In order to be successful, we had to stay focused yet be flexible in the event of change. Was always very challenging. Never a dull moment.
It’s a job Management needs to be trained and managed No room for advancement Benefits can be better More on the job training Too many meetings about meetings
I found that Lonza management, particularly in the Quality Control department where I worked, are very supportive of one's career progression and development.
you needed to be the type of person if you want something you better fight for it. Had to advance when the wall is built very high. Quite a few negative people and training is hard to get sometimes
Good employer however the organization is still working on integration with Lonza. Capsugel and Lonza provide innovative programs for the Nutritional Health and Pharmaceutical industry.
The company has a great culture and lots of potential for success, but the management team i work with is unsatisfactory . The current lean manufacturing environment has lead to many positions going unfilled with job vacancies' duties spread to other employees with no compensation for the additional workload.
Things have changed in the 15 years since I retired. I loved working at Lonza and enjoyed the people, culture and structure. Food was fabulous and there was a god deal of support.
Schedule is great for work/life balance. Work hard and you will be rewarded. It is a fast paced work environment but great for people with good time management skills.
Pros
1.5 hours of paid breaks in 12 hour shift
Cons
Management is not well organized
The job is not hard but the culture of the place is not for a family oriented person. You will be at work way more than you have time with your family
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
people quit a lot
  1. Employee Reviews