Lonza

Lonza Employee Reviews in Manchester

I worked very hard for Lonza, but my escalations were not taken seriously, even though they impacted on my deliverables.Lots of "secret" projects going on all the time, so not a very open place to work.
Pros
Lovely canteen area
Cons
It's ok, mostly nice place to work, sometimes too complicated procedures which nobody knows or everybody knows different version It's most of good experience
Lack of leaders, the management style is appalling (4 heads of centre within 3 years ) HR support inexistant. It’s the 80/20 rule. 20% of the employees are absorbing 80% of the workload. Just another Shared service centre with its lot of setup and casting mistakes. That is applied to Manchester centre, not to the business as a whole.
The working culture is not the best at Lonza in Manchester. There is a lack of flexibility and trust. There are some nice people who work for the company but as an employee I do not feel valued and I do not feel like I have learned anything. I have made no progress in my career. It feels like a huge step back. The work I am doing is very montonous. I feel under a lot of pressure due to the volume of work and tight deadlines.
Pros
Central Manchester, good bonus
Cons
Lack of flexibilty
Was very badly treated for the very short time spent there, unfairly dismissed, reasons I am still struggling to understand as never experienced with any other company! So not good review from me I am afraid....bad experience!
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Not family friendly, lack of understanding from management about emergency situations out of your control.