Lonza

Lonza Employee Reviews in Tuas

I was attached to Lonza for my internship. It was a good working experience and learned alot of manufacturing things. They have transportation from many MRT which makes traveling to work easier. the staff there are very nice and helpful.
As a CMO, Lonza is very sensitive about bottom line. A lot of decisions we make are based on getting the best profits out of the work. It is very fast-paced here. Work life balance can be challenging. People are friendly and collaborative, management however is very task oriented.
As interns, the people in my department (Deviation Investigation Team under Manufacturing) are welcoming. They are always willing to teach when time allows. Bringing us interns inside manufacturing sides to observe the how the processes run, bringing to board meetings. The whole company is a multi-racial seeing there people coming from different ethnicity. Most challenging would be the distance, however there are company buses picking up from multiple pick-up points. Through this internship, I got to make friends from different polytechnic and create a bond with my colleagues.
very productive employees, i have learned the manufacturing processes through this internship which colleagues are very helpful with newcomers. I also learned how to communicate with different types of perople.
Pros
quite environment
Cons
far from city area
Generally , lonza is a good company with great people around. Plenty of rooms to grow and a lot of new things to learn everyday. The culture and the people are nice with less stress. Work load is manageable and bosses are considerate. Colleagues are helpful and friendly. Lonza is encouraging everyone to participate and contribute in their own way.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Low salary
Very fast phase manufacturing environment. Business is driven by established KPIs. Management and Staffs are committed to deliver the business objectives.
Throughout my internship with this company, I have never felt any stress working with colleagues and always felt that they will always be there for me whenever I need help or assistance with my work. The company also values family time and team bonding as it is important to have a work and social life balance. What I learned throughout my internship was to assist in management of the facilities in the company as well as maintaining cleanliness of the company and also working with external vendors for disposal of biohazard waste for example.
Pros
Cheap canteen food, friendly and funenvironment
Cons
Location from my house is a bit far from my house
I understood how important was the role of each technical operator. they made sure the safety, the continuity of the production line. all of them were hard working.
Learnt the culture of working, linking up with various departments to get project done. The people working in Lonza is very helpful and easy going. Always willing to help one another along the way and as a team we accomplished more than required within the time frame.
Pros
Free drink
I'm under an internship in this company as an validation. Such a fun and enjoyment place to work at. What I'm doing is to place an agar at the clean unity to check if the place is clean or not before that we need to wear scrub before we go in.
MNC with established system. highly competitive environment. Profit oriented company with ok stuff benefit. Development for staff is one of its priority.
Has a very casual working environment. The company place a strong emphasis on the quality of medical products produced (conforms to very strict GMP standards).
This is very special industry and working environment are rather safe and strict due to compliance and company policy. The most enjoyable part of the job will be interactive with different co-colleagues and learn new things.
Pros
Company transport provided
Cons
Long hours and distance
Doing my normal routine going in to the plant changing the water for injection (WFI), preparing water sampling equipments and performing the water sampling. Learning the importance of safety at work and some of the test done by the biotech. My colleagues are very friendly and helpful, whenever i'm in doubt i'll surely approach my biotech for help. The most enjoyable part of the job got to be the satisfaction feeling of completing task assign to me with good feedback and gaining new skills.
Need to be ultra careful at all times. Blaming culture instilled in workplace when there are conflicts. Most times no guidance from management for non-routine/routine tasks. Promotions are hard to come by. Unable to find a balance between work and family life.
Pros
Na
Cons
No Work Life Balance
I worked at the Engineering Dept with the Spare Parts Department. I had to do stock-taking of the items and inform my superiors of any shortages in stock. I also prepared items that were required for in their right amount for both company and external staff. We had to complete an online modular course on Safety Management at Lonza. At times we had to dispose of the accumulated junk and at other times collect new stock from the Lonza Warehouse.
Pros
Online Safety Management Course
Cons
Too much time spent on the computer instead of practical skills.
Responsible to perform the calibration, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair on a variety of instrumentation, equipment, systems, control loops and analytical equipment.
At peak production schedules, expect to work long hours and be kept in the production suite without meal breaks. Not for the older or less healthy individuals. Louder and more visible employees tend to be noticed more by management and promoted faster, but the quiet ones who do equally good jobs are not recognized or given chances to perform meatier roles.