Lonza

Lonza Employee Reviews in Allendale, NJ

People are easy to work with. Lots of travel. Not enough time at home. Frequent change in direction and upper management. If you are not Swiss, you will hit a plateau / ceiling quickly.
Pros
good coffee, always leftover lunch food to eat.
Cons
healthcare and benefit packages were good when I starting working, but diminshed every year.
No work-life balance. People I worked with were team-players. Management was helpful. Unfortunately, company moved to Costa Rica. Some employees who are still with the company are now in Morristown, NJ. (Company used to be in Allendale, NJ)
The company would do well if it had a better matrix organization with checks and balances when crucial decisions are made with regards to business operations, human resources etc.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Revolving door, large number of employees fired with each change of management, constantly changing strategy
Was a great place to work and grow a career. A truly global company and culture. With recent US office relocation and senior management changes, things may be different now and in the future.
If it were not for the fact that Lonza Inc. was relocating the office and making it an almost impossible commute everyday to the office I would not be in the business of looking for a new job. I enjoyed my time with Lonza and my co-workers.
Great place to work; with friendly, intelligent and helpful team members. The diverse product line was a major plus as were the people you worked with.
Pros
people, type of work, middle management
Cons
uncertain future of your position
A very Swiss company. Has very lean organization with focus but not overwhelming with crazy initiatives like other public traded American companies. Swiss Management delegates their work and trust their employees. Most of the employees are very loyal and happy while working there until retirement.
Pros
Slow pace. Work life balance. Job security.
Cons
Lean, limited career advancement and pay increase
Manage and process orders in a fast paced environment. One had to be a team player to work with the Sales team, Logistics, quality, shipping and the Switzerland office. I learned it was important to follow up with customers and most important to maintain a time line meeting their requirements. I worked with a great group of reps that were dedicated to their jobs and shared a passion for excellence. The hardest part of the job was having to push other departments for answers. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with people and customer satisfaction.
Pros
6 weeks paid vacation, pension and great health benefits
Cons
To many meetings would occasionally take time away from customers
It is an interesting place to work. Employees are very supportive of each other. Benefits are very good. Lots of changes ahead.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Position moving out of state
this is one good place where hardwork is very much apprecaited and all the pains are paid off with lot of gratification from the top management. very positive atomosphere to begin with and supportive team work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lonza?
Artificial growth 20 /80 Rule for workers and workload Definitely more for less Staying motivated and passionate are difficult No advancement
Pros
Great co-workers and learning environment
Cons
Management and Strategy Constantly Changing
I am involved in our information technology helpdesk operations. I am "on call" from 8:00AM to 4:00PM. I enjoy working with people to help solve their technical issues. This, in turn, helps the company to continue to run smoothly.
My job involves both benchwork and desk work. I learn something new everytime i'm working, be it new test methodology, aseptic techniques or just general trouble-shoot techniques. I have a very good management, who work hand in hand with the rest of the team. My coworkers have development a perfect professional relationship. The hardest part of my job is not being able to beat a given deadline while the best part, ofcourse, is being able to deliver results faster tha expected.
Pros
excellent work atmosphere
Regular corporate office enviroment, not much different from many other companies.
Pros
convenient if you live in northern nj
Cons
many long term employees, not willing to change