Lonza

Lonza Employee Reviews in Alpharetta, GA

Worked there for 5 years. Gave me more responsibility but did not increase my pay or give me promotion. They also do not believe in helping employees advance their skills by attending seminars and classes.
I was told that I was only averaging 43 hours a week and that wasn’t good enough. I was interviewed for one position and made to do something else upon hire( the old bate and switch) the person had turned in his notice after only 2 months. Managers are terrible, poor communication, bullies, and rude.
Pros
Good ERP system
Cons
No work/ life balance, inefficient, poor management
Great company and full of smart people. it can be chaotic due to the pace of acquisitions and shifting priorities. You can lean a lot and work with interesting people from all over the world.
Pros
good compensation and benefits
Lonza is still trying to find and define itself. Not a company to join at this time as there’s a lot of uncertainty still going on. It was a great company to work for when the Atlanta site was still owned by Arch. As Lonza, not a great culture going on there at all at the moment. Most people come in not quite sure what their purpose is as there isn’t much going on right now. If you’re looking for a job, great place to join. If you’’re looking for a careeeer, not a great idea
Company has made multiple acquisitions of new businesses and attempts at selling old businesses acquired in earlier years. Focus shifts relatively quickly without much notice to employees.
way too much repressive pressure, the folks are not happy, they are very repressive and not healthy, there is a lot of paranoia there as well as a sense of entitlement
Pros
T&E Bidget
Cons
everything else
To much favoritism. You are working six days a week.when you get sick or kids you get points against you even if you have a doctor's note you have to let them know two days before time even on emergencies
I processed over 300 non purchase orders, learned how to use their invoice scanning center. Training was a huge part of the company you never worked alone.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
That the finance department was moving to Costa Rico
The people I work with are really great, but there is very little in the way of advancement or career development. The different job grades are very unclear, and there is zero guidance as to what needs to be developed in order to advance.
Pros
Great People and atmosphere
Cons
Lack of career development and advancement
Very quit and positive place to work. A great place were you don't have to be micro-managed. The hardest part of my position is that I have to make media for everyone's lab and it very difficult considering that I am the only person making media. Management could be way better. I feel like management is very lost or not considered. The company is very considerate about family time and emergency's which is very good.
Manage overall replenishment process: plan, implement and execute forecasts and seasonal strategies for mass retail valued at +$150M. Collaborate internally on annual business plans and management of sales forecasts to ensure availability of products within supply chain to meet forecasted demand.
This is a very good company to work for. It is growing and offers stability. The benefits are very good. The work schedule offers good work/life balance. However advancement is very slow. Not many opportunities because employees come and stay.
Lonza is a great place to work that offer great benefits, unfortunately the company has several upper to mid management employees who don't always have the company's or it's employees best interest at hand.
If you fit the mold of the chosen group, you progress. If not, be prepared to be stalled on every turn. Work / Life balance is very low. Compensation is okay, but for the amount of expectation required on most employees, it should be improved.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No Growth if you are not a part of the chosen group.
A typical day is pretty laid back really no hard work, I have learned a lot at Lonza being a machine operator I really enjoy this type of work, just wish the workers would be more courteous with sharing their knowledge of what they know which would make the job a lot easier for new comers. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the different nationalities and their mood swings but that comes with every job. Management is very on it when it comes to a non hostile work environment, they are really good at keeping you informed of whats going on within the company and actually look for your involvement on how they can improve as a company. The best part of the day is clocking out and looking forward to home life.
Pros
great benefits, meet dollar for dollar in your 401 k