Lonza

Lonza Employee Reviews in Greenwood, SC

Everything was good until I got hired I was promised all kind of compensation in my interview and did not receive it so i stuck it out because it was ok to work 15 days a month. Then the pandemic started and we had to work a lot of overtime I hated that. The managerial system is made for them and not the employees
Pros
A lot of down time
Cons
Short breaks compensation management
Where do I start, this was one of the worst jobs I have ever had when comparing potential to reality. Pay is no where near competitive compared to surounding similar jobs. Direct shift manager was great but anyone above him was garbage when it comes to how they treated us. Paraded us as "essential" workers in Newspaper and then insulted us with $50 walmart gift cards while other companies gave cash bonuses that actually help. Also they have an overtime board that may as well be your Bible because you will need to look at it constantly.
Pros
One lead operator who basically does everyones jobs.
Cons
Everything else.
Company never tells you information and lie about things given to you for publicity and no one cares about any complaints or issues you have it's the worst place I've ever worked
Its ok to work here but alot of people are just here to work and do not plan on being any kind of friend what so ever so if you like staying to your self this is for you
i learned a lot like my first time driving a forklift and even using a pallet jack. Also the hard part was we used to work 12 hours shift and they would call me in to work my days off and that cause me to miss days on the days i had to work because i work so many hours through the week.
Good people, decent pay, management was lacking. Advancement based on social cliques. Very good quality based culture. Hard to navigate social cliques and office politics.
Pros
pay, people, culture
Cons
office politics and social cliques
Good employer however the organization is still working on integration with Lonza. Capsugel and Lonza provide innovative programs for the Nutritional Health and Pharmaceutical industry.
The job is not hard but the culture of the place is not for a family oriented person. You will be at work way more than you have time with your family
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
people quit a lot
The company has a great culture and lots of potential for success, but the management team i work with is unsatisfactory. The current lean manufacturing environment has lead to many positions going unfilled with job vacancies' duties spread to other employees with no compensation for the additional workload.
Pros
good potential for success as a company
Cons
lean manufacturing environment means excessive workload
Over the years that I had been at Capsugel, which is now Lonza, the management has been terrible. They trying to cut people to save money and run the people that work there to the bare minimum of people to work.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Poor management