Lonza

Lonza Employee Reviews in Walkersville, MD

There is very strong favoritism throughout the entire warehouse department, it didn't matter too much your work moreso your name. When starting it was told that advancemts were all the time if you put in the work. However after putting in the work and meeting with them monthly about goals it never seemed to happen. The pay depends on what you asked for at the start, and you would not move from there due to poor raises even with great yearly reviews. The only okay raises was if you were promotes.
Pros
Great co-workers and benefits
Cons
Poor management and pay
Toxic environment.Largely under-qualified, under-trained, under-motivated, and under-respected employee base.Management is more concerned about sounding or being right than doing right. HR is more concerned about protecting themselves than doing what is right and necessary. Management and HR are both skilled in saying supportive things but doing the opposite. Hourly pay and salaries are below the area industry average.More interpersonal drama among technicians than I have ever seen, anywhere. Ever.Many people are spiteful, malicious and deceitful. Many employees known to be actively involved in unlawful activities
Pros
N/a
Cons
Too many to list
This company is very UNPROFESSIONAL...........I am begging you please stay away. If they were too call me and say, we will pay you $500.00 and hour. I will pass. The human resources dept. are UNPROFESSIONAL... THEY JUST DON`T CARE.....I RATHER GO WORK AT A GAS STATION THEN THIS PLACE.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Good company to work at. Company is trying to do things right and the staff are working together to accomplish it. I worked at the facility in Walkersville, MD which has undergone a lot of improvement over the past 2 years.
Great culture and employees are generally in good spirits and enjoyable environment. Lack of expertise causes issues as well as failure to update crippling processes.
There are some teams with more members than needed who do not do nearly as much work as other teams that have fewer members. The workload in Sterility is immense and expect to work very very hard.
I worked for Lonza for many years and loved it! Great benefits and opportunities for those who wanted to grow with or without working for the company.
I enjoy working at Lonza but need to spend time in my city closer to my family as commuting is becoming difficult. I look forward to new challenges here locally.
I wouldn’t go back. Not considerate of raising a family. If you’re single with no obligations go for it. I heard they have new management. Maybe things have changed?
They treat employees very badly and act superior, targer employees and management is terrible. Very sketchy place, lots of illegal things going on from management and law breaking
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Management isn’t a thing here, No communication
you needed to be the type of person if you want something you better fight for it. Had to advance when the wall is built very high. Quite a few negative people and training is hard to get sometimes
You were busy working or reading procedures throughout the day. Fridays became really slow after lunch. There was also a cafeteria on-site that daily changed their lunch theme.
A typical day start with screening the flasks with the cells in. Pulling or making the media to feed the flasks, filling out the paperwork for each lot. When the tissue come in we have to start the DHR,s, pull media and enzyme for each Isolation's. What I enjoy most is working with the Tissue.(Hearts, Lungs,Kidneys,Cords,Bone Marrow etc). We learn what to look for when the tissue comes in and as the cells grow, good or bad.
Pros
Working as a time.
Cons
Days when you do not have time to take a lunch.
I joined this company in hopes to improve one of their sites that had struggled through regulatory inspections. The site management and above-site management are not sincere in their stated intent to correct the deficiencies at the site. There is not a day that I go to work without being asked to compromise my integrity. Site leadership is technically deficient and accepting a role with this company has been the biggest mistake of my career. Steer clear of this company.
Everyone is not treated the same . Poorly staffed . Stress from the supervisors fall back on other employees. Technicians become mini supervisors and dictators.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Bitting your tongue
It's a great place to work. Great group of people and work culture Swiss company though limited growth potential especially to non-Europeans. Very complex and bureaucratic organization
Everything about Lonza was wonderful. All employees, including management were positive and upbeat. The company has vision and direction with much potential. Work life balance is also very favorable.
My work experience at lonza it wasn’t good coworker didn’t treat you fairly it is not a lot off training you don’t grow with in the company, they don’t pay minimum salary no benefits they treat people different if you Contractor they treat you different Coworker not friendly , .....
There really is no "typical day" at Lonza. It is ever changing and fact paced. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team that I work with. Some management is in the incorrect position for them. The hardest part of the job is the feeling of them not being as loyal to the employees as we are to the company.
Pros
Good team to work with
Cons
Lack of flexibility at times
Worth trying if you want to change the place to become a better one. Lots of opportunities to rectify business and operations’ processes. Management team is new and very capable and willing to make necessary changes to succeed.
It was by and large fun to work at and exciting to watch experiments run and data recorded. The company made sure we were aware of all Standard Operating Procedures relevant to our jobs and even had an automated system to help keep track or our qualifications. The co-workers were very friendly and it was easy to work with them on some tasks.