Lonza

Lonza Employee Reviews for Operator

Lonza overall is a solid career move if you have experience in Therapeutic Protein Manufacturing or education in environmental science or bioscience. Working in the Suites is very fast paced but people are often very helpful in making sure new team members aren't left behind. The real money comes after 5-7 years of continuous employment.
Pros
Solid work schedule with multiple days off in a row, excellent culture, cafeteria is excellent and subsidized by the company.
Cons
If you end up working overnight shift prepare for a major change in social and family life.
Lonza is an excellent company to work for and compensates its employees well. They have excellent benefits and if you have an opportunity to work there jump at then chance, you wont be sorry.
If you don’t make friends with the right people, don’t think about moving up through the company. If you can show up, shut up, and do your job; you can have a long boring insignificant career. Good luck to all who enter here.
The company has a great culture and lots of potential for success, but the management team i work with is unsatisfactory . The current lean manufacturing environment has lead to many positions going unfilled with job vacancies' duties spread to other employees with no compensation for the additional workload.
Over the years that I had been at Capsugel, which is now Lonza, the management has been terrible. They trying to cut people to save money and run the people that work there to the bare minimum of people to work.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Poor management
Working at Lona was a learning experience. I was trained to drive a forklift by a certified trainer. There's a week of training and safety classes before your first day on the job. There is an onsite physician.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Dangers on the job
you would work 12 hours swing shift you would either go in at 6am get off at 6pm for a week but the next week you would go in at 6pm an get off at 6am but at the middle of the mouth you get a week off of work, the management was good people to work with they would help you in any way they could
I started at Lonza as a Chemical Operator in 1978. I worked there for 30+ years. They sadly closed there doors after 30 years. I was a hard worker still am. In all the time I worked there I barely took off.I was given awards for perfect attendance quite a few times. I always covered our shift. I stay over many times if other employee could not make it in due to bad weather. We all worked as a team! I worked every shift when I first started out then went to 12 hour days and nights for 4 days on & 4 days off. I had received many awards for special jobs that I did in my own time. I would have still been there if the company did not close. Another company took over and bought there own employees in. I worked numerous holidays as a team we all took turn on who had to work the holidays. I never had any problems at any jobs I worked at. I have letters of recognition from top bosses. I feel like I would be a great asset to your company. I have a lot of experience to offer. As I started out as a Chemical Operator for 10 years I got a promotion to the Environmental Operator.
Pros
Great Team!
Cons
daily monitoring and assisting operators with processes,while mainting a team atmosphere. I beleave I learned more by working closely with my operators as well as Q/C & Q/A staff in our team environment. I got along great with my coworkers, we had a common goal. I would have to say the hardest part of this job was when we had to close the plant. I alway found satifaction in knowing the product I helped produce was going to help other people.
Pros
as a team we never stopped improving