Lonza

Lonza Employee Reviews for Quality Control Supervisor

Has a very casual working environment. The company place a strong emphasis on the quality of medical products produced (conforms to very strict GMP standards).
I had a great experience in hands-on laboratory learning with knowledgeable and experienced staff. They provide a flexible work schedule with competitive pay.
Working here was like being on a moving train, going full speed, and the tracks ahead were not yet complete. The processes were a mess, most of management didn't care as long as it made the client happy. They run down most of their employees and do not give them the tools to succeed. I mentioned to my boss multiple times that I was overwhelmed and could not keep up and it just continued. They pick and choose which shortcuts are acceptable and which are not.
Fast paced work environment. Collaborative teams produced high quality products. Excellent benefits, company matched 401k. Excellent management teams.
I was hired as a temporary employee which became very temporary. As a previous reviewer noted, you can and may be fired suddenly and for no reason. I was hired to perform a task that had a 40% success rate. The test I performed did not work for reasons not of my control. The experiment was poorly developed and training was awful. I have extensive pipetting experience therefore the results could not have been attributed to me. I was not given any warning about my termination. I received a call before work from the temp agency telling me I was let go. The spineless Lonza worms couldn't even tell me in person like a decent human being. Stay away from this company.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Atmosphere, management, disrespect, not valuing an employee
I worked for this company for only a short time. Why? The management expects you to work long hours for less than industry standard wages. Promotion has nothing to do with performance at this company. If you want promoted you have suck up to the big boss, yes I do literally suck. Poor performers is what they desire here. If you go to work for this company do not show any initiative. People that can think for themselves need not apply.
Pros
Cons
Everything about how this company works.
Enjoyed working and learning new things. Great management and work environment.
Pros
taken out for lunch, health care
Cons
I was a contractor for 3 months. I felt I do not have enough experience to comment.