Lonza

Lonza Employee Reviews for Scientist

Lonza was a good, if stressful, place to work, particularly the department I was in. The staff there were excellent people you can easily get along with and make friends with. One aspect that could be improved on is how quickly new starters are trained up on laboratory work; I experienced a wait of a month and a half when I started before I had laboratory training. The work can also seem a bit mundane and repetitive.
Terrible, I don't recommend working for this company. They don't value staff, management do not care. Values and mission are all bluff and hot air. Stay away.
As an intern I was trained specifically in the lab areas where I was expected to work, , and once training was complete I was left largely alone to complete my responsibilities. The freedom to self-pace and regulate my own workflow was refreshing, and thereby increased my satisfaction with the analysis I accomplished. The workplace was positive, and I received a great deal of extra education and encouragement from the other employees there. Along with the positive nature of the work, the general culture of the company was pleasant, and geared towards maintaining employee health and wellness.
If you're anything below a manager then you mean nothing to the business than a piece of machine. A good human-machine is the one that never breaks down, never needs maintenance and never gets overwhelmed no matter how unreasonable and inpropotionately they burden you, you just have no right to burn out. Those who actually do the work making it possible for the the rest 90% of the company to sit on their lazy behinds and talk about are treated like bare bottom feeders. They would completely bend over to their clients while turning the lives of their doers on lab and production floor into living inferno. And the worst of all is the mamagers'/directors' empty promises and insensere smiles at your face and doing downright opposite. Safety was also an issue. It took them 9 bloody months to supply anti-slip shoes procrastinating so irresponsibility even though there were slid and fall near misses, meanwhile emails and meetings would pour on you if a material didn't arrive on time. Outrageously enough, the it is constantly material planners' ineptitude that causes delays not you.
Lonza is still trying to find and define itself. Not a company to join at this time as there’s a lot of uncertainty still going on. It was a great company to work for when the Atlanta site was still owned by Arch. As Lonza, not a great culture going on there at all at the moment. Most people come in not quite sure what their purpose is as there isn’t much going on right now. If you’re looking for a job, great place to join. If you’’re looking for a careeeer, not a great idea
Productive and fun. Lonza Biologics is located in Portsmouth New Hampshire but has facilities abroad as well, including Singapore, The UK and other places within the US.
A great place towork. All is electronically driven. There is varied workload. Found the people very friendly and helpful.