Lonza

Lonza Work-Life Balance reviews

As a CMO, Lonza is very sensitive about bottom line. A lot of decisions we make are based on getting the best profits out of the work. It is very fast-paced here. Work life balance can be challenging. People are friendly and collaborative, management however is very task oriented.
As interns, the people in my department (Deviation Investigation Team under Manufacturing) are welcoming. They are always willing to teach when time allows. Bringing us interns inside manufacturing sides to observe the how the processes run, bringing to board meetings. The whole company is a multi-racial seeing there people coming from different ethnicity. Most challenging would be the distance, however there are company buses picking up from multiple pick-up points. Through this internship, I got to make friends from different polytechnic and create a bond with my colleagues.
As a CMO, we get exposed to many products and processes. Work life is hectic with tight timelines. Very supportive team and management. A good place to work with decent benefits.
Lonza offered a number of challenges for an individual. A stressful production schedule. Aggresive and demanding. Contract manufacturing offers mundane workplace.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Demanding
Throughout my internship with this company, I have never felt any stress working with colleagues and always felt that they will always be there for me whenever I need help or assistance with my work. The company also values family time and team bonding as it is important to have a work and social life balance. What I learned throughout my internship was to assist in management of the facilities in the company as well as maintaining cleanliness of the company and also working with external vendors for disposal of biohazard waste for example.
Pros
Cheap canteen food, friendly and funenvironment
Cons
Location from my house is a bit far from my house
The people in the company were friendly and accepting. They still with held information about the company as we were interns but most of the times tried to include us in discussions. They valued our options too.
Pros
Good Food
Cons
No way out except buses provided and taxi
MNC with established system. highly competitive environment. Profit oriented company with ok stuff benefit. Development for staff is one of its priority.
This is very special industry and working environment are rather safe and strict due to compliance and company policy. The most enjoyable part of the job will be interactive with different co-colleagues and learn new things.
Pros
Company transport provided
Cons
Long hours and distance
Need to be ultra careful at all times. Blaming culture instilled in workplace when there are conflicts. Most times no guidance from management for non-routine/routine tasks. Promotions are hard to come by. Unable to find a balance between work and family life.
Pros
Na
Cons
No Work Life Balance
At peak production schedules, expect to work long hours and be kept in the production suite without meal breaks. Not for the older or less healthy individuals. Louder and more visible employees tend to be noticed more by management and promoted faster, but the quiet ones who do equally good jobs are not recognized or given chances to perform meatier roles.