lovisa

lovisa Employee Reviews

Singapore12 reviews
A good experience since it was my first part-time retail job. Got to meet a lot of different customers and improved my communication skills. Tried cashiering duties as well. However manager of store was bias and sometimes rude, sometimes okay. Co workers was okay, helped and gave advices throughout my experience there.
Pros
70% off staff discount
Cons
Biased management
It can be stressful at the very beginning but along the way it is easy for you to get the hang of what needs to be done as operation and what needs to be said to convince the customers into buying our items or styling them in their own sense of fashion that they prefer
Working at Lovisa is a really fun job. My co workers there are friendly. But as a part timer you do not get a lot of working hours. Sometimes you dont get any slots. Also Lovisa doesn't have a good management.
I enjoy meeting new team members , i love keeping the store in positive environment . I’m ok with the working shift and enjoy working weekend , i felt that the management is not standardise . Some months i was underpaid , i felt sometimes our hardwork is not appreciated by the management. Its very hard to take annual leave too . What keeps me going is teamwork . What i learn in this company is about the customer service , went for training courses . How achieve a 10/10 customer service too . The hardest part of the job is when it comes to the salary payday , sometimes they didnt pay the commission, they paid us by weekly ..
Cons
Management is not standardise
-Hectic Environment during sales
-Communicate with customer

-Workplace culture

-Responsibilities as a Assistant Manager

-Meet different kind of customer
Cons
Shift work
Learned cashiering duties, housekeeping of the store and also customer service. Other part timers were out-going and friendly. However retail has long working hours.
Cons
interacting with customer by introducing and styling them
learn to build confident communicating with customer very closely

Most enjoyable part we could groom as many accessories as we like with the staff discount purchase up to 70% off
Pros
staff discount purchase
On some days we would have to work until 2-3am due to taking down of old sales items and putting up new ones. Even though I had school/exams the next day, I was still forced to come and my manager was awful to me, always threatening me and being unhappy when I had valid reasons not to show up for work.
Pros
70% off from all items except sales
Cons
Terrible management, unflexible hours
Admist all the stress from having to achive daily sales and maintaining perfect VM, you can count on your team members to make your shift a really good one! There is always room for improvement but your assigned Regional Managers def recognise talent and strengths 👌🏼
Overall it made me jump out of my comfort zone. It helped me be more interactive with customers. It definitely influenced myself deeper into style & fashion. Their motto helped me realise how much every customer’s experience mattered- based on how respectful and courteous I am to help them, making sure all their needs are fulfilled. However, they are not generous when it comes to shifts especially for part-timers. Within a week, I was only allowed to work a 3-hours shift. It may be convenient to students who only have excess to limited work days but not for a student who’s trying to find excessive amounts of extra cash during holiday period. The rules & regulations depends one’s endurance level.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Shifts & the pay
As a floating Assistant Store Manager, I get to work all Lovisa stores. Hence, I am enjoying with this kind of work since I get to meet all the team members of different Lovisa stores. And majority of the team members are also very supportive. The only thing is we get to work long hours, thou it is tiring but I get to enjoy at times.
Pros
Discount
Cons
it was a good experience knowing to learn on how they pack the items. friendly staffs and the pay is not that bad for just a one day job.