lovisa

Singapore18 reviews

Clear
2.3Salary & Benefits

Great colleagues

Managers were very nice and 70% discount was great but management expected alot…. even for part timers. Working hours were 2-3 hours a day and only paid $7/hour. Expected to do opening and closing alone or come into shifts just to cover full timers break.

Don’t work with them!

I am ex employee full time. Stingy and petty management team which is now part of their company culture. Management demands a lot from you but very stingy about pay and benefits. Salary they paid us is not basic, they pay us by hourly. Messy and unorganized. Do not join them. You will regret it forever.New country / Regional manager terrible, there is so much pressure from them!

One of the most petty and stingy companies around, avoid working for them.

I am in a regional management role for Asia. Stingy and petty management team which is now part of their company culture. Always trying to save small amounts of money at the expense of employee welfare and wellbeing. Unable to attract and retain talent as a result. Senior employees have little respect and understanding for Asian culture. Management demands a lot from you but very stingy about pay and benefits. Even though they are a ASX listed company but the internal organization is messy and unorganized. Do not join them. You will regret it. CEO is new and I will not rate him.

Pros

They pay a salary.

Cons

See review above.

Official response from lovisa

August 12, 2022
Hi, thank you for providing us with your feedback. We care about our Lovisa Team, and we will explore your feedback. Thank you – Lovisa xx

Bad place to work at

lovisa is a very sales driven company. its all about sales sales sales. we have to go out and beyond to provide customer service and to get sales but only paid $7/hr. the..... LOL. i was a part timer btw. there wasn't any staff benefits other than the 70% off staff purchase. if sick and cannot come must take mc and must tell earlier cannot tell last minute. but u also dont know u gonna fall sick what how to tell earlier??? management is just bad. welfare no good. dont care about staffs.

Pros

staff discount

Cons

bad management

Official response from lovisa

August 12, 2022
Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback. All team are cared for and we’re always aiming for improvement. Thank you for sharing and helping us. Lovisa xx

fun but management there isn't good

Working at Lovisa is a really fun job. My co workers there are friendly. But as a part timer you do not get a lot of working hours. Sometimes you dont get any slots. Also Lovisa doesn't have a good management.

Fun workplace

I enjoy meeting new team members , i love keeping the store in positive environment . I’m ok with the working shift and enjoy working weekend , i felt that the management is not standardise . Some months i was underpaid , i felt sometimes our hardwork is not appreciated by the management. Its very hard to take annual leave too . What keeps me going is teamwork . What i learn in this company is about the customer service , went for training courses . How achieve a 10/10 customer service too . The hardest part of the job is when it comes to the salary payday , sometimes they didnt pay the commission, they paid us by weekly ..

Cons

Management is not standardise

What I've Learned

Learned cashiering duties, housekeeping of the store and also customer service. Other part timers were out-going and friendly. However retail has long working hours.

Fun working environment

As a floating Assistant Store Manager, I get to work all Lovisa stores. Hence, I am enjoying with this kind of work since I get to meet all the team members of different Lovisa stores. And majority of the team members are also very supportive. The only thing is we get to work long hours, thou it is tiring but I get to enjoy at times.

Pros

Discount

Fun

it was a good experience knowing to learn on how they pack the items. friendly staffs and the pay is not that bad for just a one day job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at lovisa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare lovisa with