Lumen

Lumen Employee Reviews

Singapore6 reviews

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,016 reviews

Ambivalent

At first training and compensation was good. Then it started to deteriorate over the years with the company. There is no yearly salary increment. Job security is uncertain. The only enjoyable experience are the flexibility and work life balance.

Pros

Work life balance, Flexibility

Cons

Slow progression, No increment, Compensation is below market value.

Work-At-Home job

A lot of the job was under my control. This also meant I had to have very focused discipline to ensure I was logged-in and working at the times I'm scheduled to be. I thoroughly enjoyed this job, significantly increased my technical knowledge, and achieved considerable self-satisfaction from the many instances where I helped people. The downside was the call-center mentality of focusing on call-statistics. Priority was on number of calls handled, and how long you're on a call. Achieving customer satisfaction/resolution seemed to be secondary to all this. I failed to adjust my mentality to this and so I lost this great job.

Still working on their stability

I would still like to stay with this company, but at this point in time where the company is at a financial struggle, It's better to find another stable company to work for.

Production DBA

Day starts with handoff from US team. Continue to validate the backup jobs. Work on daily Change request and high priority Incidents (P1 & P2). Take part on customer meeting and go through the next week changes review. Work along with customer on their typical issues related to tuning.

Pros

Great work life balance

Cons

Stable customer setup

It's a great place to learn and grow

It's a great place to learn and grow. I happened to learn lot of other technologies like compute networking and No-SQL databases. It's great experience working here.

Work from Home was a plus

The job was ok..and i had no problem with letting the customers curse at me for something that was beyond my control, but I did not like the fact that you were blamed for not pushing a sale when the customer comes out and bluntly says "Do not offer me anything."

Pros

working from home

Cons

customers not agreeing to buying what was being offered

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lumen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Lumen