M1 Limited

M1 Limited Employee Reviews

Singapore38 reviews
What I love about M1 is the people inside and also the way they cascade information to all employees, be it new products or any work related issues.
Do not recommend your friends to work in M1. I am one of the employees in M1. It takes me alot of courage to write this review as i am afraid once i am being found out, i will be abused by those Team Managers in the call centre again. Those team managers are mostly Filipinos and Malaysians. They are biased and not helpful at all. They will scold you stupid and brainless infront of everyone in the call centre. If i have the chance to record, i will record it and email it to Ministry Of Manpower for justice to show the other side of M1. They have no right to use abusive words at anyone. I really hope someone is reading my review and investigate this matter. If we dont see any improvement in our welfare, i will not hesitate to write my experience to the press.
Being the first company who hired me in Singapore. It's not just a company but family to me. I may leave the place for now but will always be a part who I become and as an individually.
Not sure about other depts. But working in Customer Service has alot of inflexibility and not fun. Chances to get promoted is pretty low as the high turnover rate always apply to the low positions (not the supervisor level). They have trainings but those trainings dont really help in career advancement (like useful certification)
Teamwork was always essential to ensure the networks were up and running.

The hardest part was carrying the equipment (sometimes can be 20kg) up to the rooftop of a building for replacement.

Everyone was willing to help each other when it was needed.
I've worked at M1 Shop for 2years. And it was a great start/experience for me, as I'm a foreigner. We had teamworks, a lot of teamworks, they provided me good benefits/compensation, incentives/perks, on-time salary and most specially, they treated me as their family.
colleagues are friendly willing to teach and help, however the management is not that good. When not enough staff still dont want to hired more people.
typical call centre.
not so much in culture

hardest of the job are the customers.

they pay OT and sometime they ask employees to do a mandatory OT.

You work hard they pay you better.
M1 is a good company. a very friendly environment, competitive but a bit stressful too.
The bosses are all different, others are technically inclined, others are good in managing people.

One thing I can complain is about the salary. If you are single, salary may be ok for your living expenses in Singapore. But if you have a family, salary may not suffice especially if you are just starting.
Was exposed to different roles and tasks. Support was good. Challenging at time once there's high volume. Learn to handle different customers. Forces you to multitask
operation is separated with the other department. benefits are okay. depending on your direct manager leadership style as you need to be very adaptive to change
It’s a good company to work for. Typical day at work is focused in providing great customer experience. The hardest part of the job is meeting all the kpi daily but the moment you reach your goal, you will feel accomplished.
Company have good benefits but sometimes they forget how to have human touch with there employee.They are to much focus on other things.Need a balance.
I enjoyed working at M1 Limited. I had good teams to support me and learned a lot in trainings. The hardest part of the job was that I needed to give customers correct information and learned how to manage stress at my end. The benefits for S-pass employees were not attractive like they used to be. Around 75% of foreign staffs hold Spass in M1 Limited so HR reduced these benefits to lower company expenses down. However, Work Permit Pass or Employment Pass are different stories. Employees holding these passes have many better benefits and this is a sad fact.
Pros
Working environments
Cons
Long working hours, company benefits (S-Pass)
Standard and typical work environment whereby start the day with clearing tons of emails. at 5 pm, will be to start to prep to knock-off. Hardest part is during appraisal season - year end
Pros
phone allowance one every 2 years
Cons
challenging environment
Pay is very low compared to other sectors
Work culture is not bad

Management is neither good or supportive to employees

The most enjoyable part of the job is the team playing
I have been working in M1 for the past 7 years, there’s a room of improvement and a lots of opportunities given to each and everyone. Good team work and management always care about each staffs.
Pros
Monthly outing with management
Cons
Long hours need to sacrifice for any important launch
I work as an temporary customer service officer in M1, helping out to take in large number of calls from customers. Typically, many customers would call in to book appointments for a government initiative, but there are many customers who would call in to ask us on troubleshooting queries regarding set-top boxes.

I have learnt that as a customer service officer, you have to really shut your ears at times from insults and vulgarities that customers may gave. Initially, I was in for a rude shock, but after a while, I got used to it.

My superiors are so-so, they would change decisions regarding work frequently and often at times we were lost and bewildered with the sudden changes. There are good colleagues which made work bearable. Training given to us was ok, just that sometimes I felt unprepared for customers' demands that was not related to us.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, food around the workplace was cheap
Cons
Long hours with rotating shift, superiors do not know what they want to do and would change decisions suddenly
Work and life balance need to be reviewed for CS and sales staff
Biased towards ft

No career progression

Difficult to move around within the company

The only thing I like is management from my side and great team that I work with.
Pros
Management very supportive of us, great team
Cons
Long hours, minimum exposure, slow/no career progression
-management is very good ,

-learned about new environment from banking to tel-co ,different field and knowledge.

-culture : able to attempt to Singapore working environment , totally different experiences from previous

- typical day at work :peak call volume

enjoyable part in job is talking with customer.

what i ve learned:

-Attitude is as Important as Aptitude

-Embrace Your Authentic Self

-Ask, Listen, Learn

these are three things i have learned
Pros
free lunch
Cons
The job itself is quite ok as it allows you to speak with different types of customers.
The work environment is also ok. However, because of the erratic schedule, it is a bit difficult to build friendship among colleagues.

The hardest part of the job is the schedule itself, being erratic.
Cons
shifting schedule