Maersk

Maersk Employee Reviews

Singapore39 reviews

Found 39 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,798 reviews

Great place to work.Best shipping company every you could find to work. Frendly and supportive Senior management.faster promotions.They value their crew more than anything. Best safety practices onboard.

Year End Party

Year end retreat is usually on a yacht for the last two years that I was on board. Fun to be away on board having good food and company to end the year with.

Pros

Monthly employees birthday celebration

Cons

Incompetent Management

Friendly atmosphere and flexible working hours. Diverse culture however, the company is undergoing transformation and hence job security is a concern.

World standard shipping line, first class workplace

Even though I left Maersk line due to some arguments with my crew coordinator, I still like to work in there. I have learn operation and maintenance of high tech machinery and decent interpersonal relation between ship and shore.

Great company to work for.

Fantastic company to work for. People empowerment and engagement is the core for development. Process oriented and standardisation is the key for managing such big organisation. Absolutely recommended for anybody to work for.

Management will find a way to dismiss people after age 45

Management will find a way to dismiss people after age 45 by pressurizing on the job or under the pretex of performance evaluation. It is nice to work when you are young, but management will change attitude towards you when you become old. Forget about considering your application if you are applying for a job after age 40 to this shipping conglomerate

Pros

Good system learning

Cons

Long Hours, pressurized environment, working with different time zones

Good Work Life Balance

It is a good place to work. Now with six year experiences in Maersk, honestly there is still a lot learn and explore. One learns new things everyday. The management is very supportive and with right training one can easily upgrade oneself.

A forward thinking Company

The company has a strong technical organisation and incorporates latest advancements in Marine Technology onboard their vessels. A great organisation to work with.

Relocated to Singapore from Aberdeen, a fantastic experience working in Singapore working with different races and cultures for 30 months. Managed 6 document controllers and we helped to deliver 3 offshore platforms for the North Sea. We processed documents from Detail Design phase to Sail away.

Product work life

Good place to work, lot of opportunities to learn new things and a fun place to work. Excellent development opportunities and a high standard of work. A brand you can be proud of. There is such a big investment in team development and culture. The general public has very high expectations of shipping company, sometimes unreasonable and difficult to manage.

Aggressive management

Due to low oil price, the Project has been a fixed lump sum - no variation EPC. This has really resulted a tough working situation to ensure overall Technical Quality assurance. Though the project was completed within approved budget and Schedule, enough challenges lie ahead for Operations and Maintenance team.

Pros

Project at Industry crisis time

Cons

Purely driven by Delivery Manager.

high efficiency and good development platform

As a fortune 500 and world leading shipping company Maersk is famous for its high efficiency and good development platform especially for fresh graduates.

Great Place to work

It is a great place to work. There is a lot of support from senior managment. It is quite a large organization which makes it difficult to make quick decisions.

Great management team, organization is flat and I learned a lot about the Danish way of doing things. I would highly recommend anyone considering a career there

Productive & fun workplace

World leading shipping company with great multinational culture. Most people will love to work here with skillful employees from all over the world. Impressive long term benefit attracts most of the employees.

Pros

Family benefits

Cons

slow career progress

Fun and Productive

The company offers a good working environment and gives you benefits that you deserve. You will learn how to interact with different kinds of culture and ages.

Internship

As part of my internship program, I was selected by Maersk to understudy their operations. I learned a lot by observing and I was also given the chance to undertake certain roles in their sales and marketing department.

Pros

I was treated very kindly by all staffs.

Cons

Low payment rate for interns

Excellent Team

Efficient project manager and his guidance is added advantage in complex situation. Even though it is short period, learned a lot about deep water drilling.

Awesome Organisation

Extremely good place to work if you wish to be in the Shipping Industry. Very team oriented culture among colleagues and lots of opportunities to grow within.

A profitable company despite oil industry challenges

Maersk Drilling Holdings Singapore (MDHS) is a great company. Since 2014, the oil industry has been challenged by decreasing oil prices and few drilling contracts albeit, the company is still profitable. Management is focusing on cost savings, and strategies to optimize their fixed assets. In addition, being people as their number one asset they promote work life balance and competitive compensation package.

Pros

Multicultural and professional experienced people

Great place for development.

A great place to develop your interpersonal skills where you are required to interact with external stakeholders, and people of from different countries.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maersk. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Maersk