Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group

Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Employee Reviews

Singapore34 reviews

Good company bad culture

Company culture is good along with Human resources. But hor the people in your team or immediate bosses may filter your performance and you will not do good at the end lor. The people majority will push you down if they dont like you. Saw that happen to a very good male colleague who works at the club.

Pros

HR is really good

Cons

Performance are filtered by majority

Very poorly treated. Does not recognise hardwork.

MOHG does not value their staff as much as they think they do. They prioritise the profit of the organisation more than the well-being of employees. Through out this pandamic, this organisation does not support their staff in any way possible. Those who have been loyal for over 10 years lost their jobs. We had to work multiple times more to keep up with the demand of the organisation. As the manpower decreases, our workload increases. We had to pick up the work of those who lost their jobs. If that is not bad enough, they decided not to grant us our AWS which was stated in our contracts. I am almost very certain that our Performace Bonus will not be given too. The organisation has clearly been making some profits (although not as comparable as before) however decided not to reward their staff. We even manage to hit our target beyond what was expected despite the pandamic and was rewarded with nothing but words. I strongly believe that this organisation does not take into consideration about the impact of their employees during this pandamic.

Cons

Your hard work will not be rewarded.

lovely place to work

Worked in housekeeping before. There was the target of rooms that you need to clean but all Staffs are helpful! Learned lots of technique to clean a room.

Very good company

Mandarin oriental hotel group are famous for well looking after thier guests as well as colleagues. Care and concen to everyone in the building as well as the local society and the environment. After work there in 5 location after 14 years, MO are the best hotel group to work for me.

Pros

Company culture and personal development opportunities

Cons

Luxury market is getting weaker

Prodcutive

When i first started there as a waiter , I was really nervous about the job because it was my first time working as a waiter and as time goes by , i started to learn from all the other experienced waiters skill and how they communicate with the fellow diners.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Long Hours and Stressful

good

always give good space for staff and very friendly. have a free space and wonderful environment around the hotel. can explain everything direct to the supernal.

Nice experience

train quite hard there so is worth it , manage to finish my trainee internship there and carry on my life cooking around and doing event to learn and see more.

Fun and high class environment

As a trainee at Mandarin Oriental Singapore, it requires the employee to provide the excellent service to guests. Having fun at hotel. Trainning amd staff meals provided. Thanks.

efficient, high standard

I like the workplace as the staffs are friendly and supportive.

Pros

free lunch

Good company

I respect other time and shedule my work in accordance with schedule of my team mate colleagues and customer when possible, allow about hour to complete the self evaluation that hour include time my own to review document that im kept through relating my goal

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group?

Tough and underappreciated

Alot of politics and bootlicking. You are expected to OT and will not be compensated. Bosses are micro managers and expect things done their way. Starting pay is low and salary increments is pathetic. Even when the company is doing well, don't expect the bonus to be high.

Pros

Free lunch, Aws

Cons

Expected to OT, plenty of office politics

Productive and Fun Workplace

The hardest part of the job is to liaise with the owners of the property to make them understand the Company requirement in order to build a Mandarin. The most enjoyable part of the job to be able to deliver the project well in time and below the budgeted amount

good working environment but no recognition

almost a decade working in a department where by take in from scratch, with no proper SOP, checklist, FLHSS checklist, FORBES standard, etc until now what my department have become and achieve..What i did goes to a blind management and direct superior.Not fair on appraisal been conduct from superior that have no knowledge on the dept and how the things run on daily basic. No carrier path for a true and loyal employee. Management make a comparison on service standards but not on salary standards to be fair as 5 star hotel. taking 3 and 4 star salary standards and yet need 5 star standards service.men on the ground voice never been taken for consideration.

Pros

Good place to gain experience on 5 star FORBES standards hotel

Cons

Salary doesn't match on the 5 star status

Awful place to work

Managers and supervisors think creating a hostile work environment is acceptable. Very little support from leaders. Quick to blame but extremely slow to compliment. Leaders are quick to push blame to staff eve when they are at fault. Very little accountability

Nice place

A slightly busy work environment but it was fun overall as I get to meet people. I have learnt how to manage and prioritise my work under time constraints which is a handy skill in the retail and similar industry.

Oriental Hospitality

One of the best working experience. Sadly it wasnt at the right time for my career. Would love to work with the organisation again. A market leader in hospitality

Fun working enviroment

we learn how to manage the hotels rooms and as well as guiding the guiding the guest to their respective room, we also learn what are the standards of each rooms have and we enjoy interacting with guest. the most hardest part of the job was actually doing up the rooms as you have to know a certain standard and also it have to leave up to the standard

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Standing for long hours

Fun environment and cultures

Having a good team member working together from front desk, gym, bell man, f&b restaurant and room service. Quite frequent the hotel organised team bonding activities.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Na

sad life

working for hours and no OT pay. most seniors are very bossy and never friendly. quality of kitchen food is amazing. culture seems bleak because of very long hours of work and demanding roster even for interns. i enjoy most when clocking out

Pros

high quality results and 5star treatment for guests

Cons

dreading when work begins and long hours no ot pay drains my passion almost instantly as an intern

Working for more than 6 years

Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group gives me an opportunity to grow. I must say this is my first major job. And working in this company which provides an excellent service and making sure to exceed customer satisfaction is a pride for every employee.

Pros

free meal for all confirmed staff

Cons

short staff

Productive working environment

as in the cafe mostly we do split shift in hotel we learn that hygiene standard is very important we practice i culture that we will never say no to our guest fun and love team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group with