Manhattan Fish Market

Manhattan Fish Market Employee Reviews

Singapore18 reviews

Great team

Learn to manage restaurants.Great teamFast paced.Good managementVery tiringManaging people and inventoryCheck for cleanliness and sop.Free food.

This company is not a very good company

I work there for part time and they anyhow deduct salary without letting you know and also they give all the workload like refilling the sauces , mop floor , sweep floor to you just because you’re part time

Cons

Place to cultivate my people skills

My job was to take customer's orders and serve them their food. We were given different roles such as cashier, runner or station master. Due to the nature of FNB industry, there were many things I had to learn on the job. Because of that I used the opportunity to ask my co-workers for help/advice and got closer to them. I would say that the hardest part of the job was dealing with unreasonable customers who would voice out their displeasure no matter how trivial the matter is. However, everything is worth it when there is a customer who thanks you for your service and tells you that you are doing a great job.

Productive and fun workplace

The former managers were always helpful and approachable, making it a conducive environment to work in. Having so helps me to adapt to the workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers and the most enjoyable part of the job is when the team work together as one and everyone contributed and was a team player.

Pros

Staff meal provided

Great Area Manager

Area manager is very responsible and takes good care of her staffs, while her staff is busy working, she offers us banana smoothies as shes aware that non of us had eaten breakfast or lunch yet. Work environment is filled with lovable and amazing people, who are friendly, caring and good team players. Good job Manhattan! keep it up. Staff food is provided so dont need to worry about food! Manhattan got you covered!

Pros

staff food, great staff, great working experience

Cons

long hours and fast pace

Very tiring

Not worth it, get scolded if doesnt know and less help, too many menu's too memorise and got alot of complains from customer as it is too busy and new staff doesnt know what to do most of the time

Pros

free lunches

Enjoyable

This was my first job and I actually gained a lot of experience on working at a young age trying to support myself. this was an exposure that i truly appreciated and was glad i was a part of them

Pros

Lunch provided

Productive and fun working place.

It was a good experience to work with the Manhattan Fish Market family at Woodlands branch. I have learnt a lot for customer service; as in how to deal with customers, how to take order from them, doing runner and cashier jobs. The colleagues are fun caring people and it feels good to work with them. The hardest part was that we need to be really really fast during rush hours and in case of short of staff. The enjoyable part is that we can experience different variety of seafood combination especially during staff break.

Fun workplace

Job Culture and people there made worklife a lot easier. Managers were very understanding. Basically learnt everything that a waitress should know, and even more than job scope.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Peak hours

Challenging job

Working hours will 8 hrs/day unless you are under manpower then you have to stay back. But after your shift we are still have to keep in touch to many groups in whatsapp. Keep changing of Management for the 7 years in the company. It's fun culture, my team is my second family. Challenging part of my job is sometime you have to divide yourself to all stations in the outlet. In short you must be super woman and superman to do all station in your shift. But staying for seven years in the company I would say that i have learned a lot and can do a lot more than others.

Fun workplace

What I like about this job is that I can have more customer engagement which is advantageous for the company's brand and my social skills as well. I recommend all of my friends to work here or try our taste. That is one great restaurant in Singapore.

Pros

Free lunches, Great people

Cons

not related to my diploma

Fun working place

Team work is very evident when you work at Manhattan Fish Market. Everyone contributes in their own way making it easier for each individual to go about their duties for the day.

Pros

2 meals a day

Cons

long hours.

good

It is fun enviroment. The job is to taking orders and do cashiering. You need to handle complaints regarding about food product and also about the food quality. It's a team work if working at Manhattan Fish Market.

Fun and productive workplace

I have learnt how to work with big crowds during peak periods and how to communicate with my colleagues and customers well. On a typical day at work, I serve, make beverages and communicate with different people from different walks of life. It was indeed tough during peak periods because of the consecutive orders but it was enjoyable because time passed really quickly.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Bad management

best life experience

Well during my working experience i learn lot of things which is its helping in my future. Like how working with your team members as good team .how to divide load work if you have less staff.

Pros

many things

Cons

shourt timeing

fun

This is my first job and get to experience and learn many things about their great food, services and company. We worked well as team and it's fun when it comes during the peak hours as our team communicate very well and stress free as we enjoy entertaining our customers and working with our crew members.

Pros

free lunch

Productive Workplace

Working in F&B company is a good experience. we are able to experience how to serve and handle customers, able to interact with different peoples and also time management. Its tiring as we are walking non-stop trying to get the foods and drinks to deliver to the customers table. Hardest part of this job is to handle big group of customers but its a good experience.

Pros

Experience gained

Cons

Tiring

fun working environment

part time job learn how to serve customer and know their dining needs dealing with difficult customers are the most difficult part.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manhattan Fish Market. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Manhattan Fish Market with