Manulife

- No standard SOP in place

- Unpleasant onboarding experience

- Unrealistic expectation

- Unclear departmental goals & direction
stressful, no worklife balance, poor HR process & policies.
reporting managers expect employees to work overtime without any benefits or time offs/week offs
This is a great place to learn.

But too much of training, with no action doesn't help. I am always left alone to do my own sourcing of clients. No sharing of ideas by Manager. Too much promises but nothing is done. No trust by the Manager and Manager is too busy with her own agenda and rarely has the time to talk.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
No teamwork and no support
pay was good, leads weren't.
higher ups didn't really listen when we say that the leads weren't working anymore and pain in the. location was alright...
Normally a day started with morning meetings. Reviewed performances on how we have done and what we are going to do in terms of production. the best part of the job is the flexibility and the hardest part of the job is following ups with the prospects.
Excellent products launched recently with good backing and support from the company. Variety of training support by the Learning Department. Attractive incentives schemes.
Bosses are transparent. Company is transparent. Colleagues are great. Culture is great. Perks are great. Wish they improved more on career growth of employees
Pros
Work environment
Cons
No career growth
To follow up and plan according to clients needs. Learn how to be independence and able to excel with min supervision. The hardest part is to learn and able to accept rejection and critics.

Luckily, there a bunch of colleagues, always able to give support and help whenever needed.
Pros
lots of flexibility in planning
Cons
No fix basic income
I worked from home, very long hours, I investigate and adjudicate life and disability cases
Go to the office once a week for meetings.
Pros
working from home.
Cons
First job. Experienced work life. Motivational bosses. Gained valuable experience.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no basic salary
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Manulife?
In my three years of experience working at Manulife Financial, I can definitely say that I have learned so many things that help me to be a better individual. Mostly I do financial transactions like deposit, withdrawals and fund transfers and I really find it interesting and challenging at the same time.
I have been promoted on the company and with that I have learned so many thing, but the most important of them all is being professional. The managers and leaders of the team is very supportive and is very concerned to our welfare. They always discussed our performances and help us plot our career goal. The hardest part of the job is knowing that you are handling clients money and there is no room for errors. You should provide the clients with good customer service or else they will pull out all of there investments. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job is having colleagues that will surely help you excel in the job. This is not a ME first environment.
Pros
Well compensated, Health benefits and incentives
Cons
Long hours, graveyard shift