Marcus & Millichap

Marcus & Millichap Employee Reviews

Great place for beginners to learn

Great place for learning intro to real estate, mostly multifamily and NNN retail. Very chill and lax but sometimes not enough structure hurts. Management was understanding and flexible most of the time.

Pros

Chill environment, good training

Cons

Lack of internal structure

Great people. Great environment

Love working here. People are great, salary is great, work life balance great! I would recommend d this job to everyone. Greatest management t. Great great

Not inclusive work environment.

Did not invest in overall career growth. All success is measured by is the amount of money you make. Seniors did not take a role in mentoring associate.

You need to create the work to succeed. It will not be given to you.

Training is solid. All the resources available are also solid. Overall the company is legitimate and you have the potential to make millions as a broker, however, you will need to take the initiative yourself to make it happen. There is no hand holding.

Useless job

This job was not a good one, my time was wasted and I was over worked for the amount of time I put in and i didnt make as much money as I was told i could

Young Work Place

A young crowd that likes to have a good time, but the Agents only care about themselves when it comes to pay and money. Pay low wages to support staff after they take home millions.

Pros

company parties

Learning Experince

They hire kids straight out of college that want to get in CRE. They throw these kids to the wolves. They make near to no money but they do get to understand the CRE industry. Think of this job as a long-term internship out of college.

Pros

Learn the industry

Cons

lack of stability

Commercial Real Estate

My time at MM was short lived compared to other jobs I had. I don't feel the company culture took COVID very seriously as every week there was a new notification of someone in the office getting sick. Then when COVID was "over" I was pressured to come back into the office, where people were still getting sick.If you like yucking it up with dudebros and schmoozing with people that have more money than they know what to do with, this might be the place for you.

Pros

"Nice" people all around.

Cons

After a while, you notice the "niceness" is a front.

Cut throat, unprofessional, and silly!

This whole company seemed very fishy from the start, and everything my gut was telling me turned out to be true in the strangest way, almost as if they lived by the terrible reviews online. If you want to apply for the analyst position, keep in mind that you will be outright cat-fished. 85% of the job will be designing marketing pages for your senior broker over and over for different properties, while listening to the same 10 Muzak songs, so there is not much to learn about commercial RE. Leadership is waspy, and won’t properly welcome you into the company. Almost everyone is a shark at this company, and they embrace it. Staff is unhelpful, uncaring, and will drag their feet, which makes everything you ask for an uncomfortable experience. There’s no structure or work life balance. You will have unrealistic expectations to meet all of a sudden, and if they are not met, they will get rid of you and move on to the next one as if they were shopping for t-shirts at goodwill. They will use a ridiculous excuse, and let you go probably because the senior broker realized he was even too cheap to keep paying you $12/hr. You’ll be appointed as an independent contractor, working under a team in which your senior broker will painfully pay you out of pocket, and you will have to restate the amount, and wait for it on every pay day, to give you an idea of the unpleasant compensation structure. There are no contracts, no paper work, no employee benefits as you are being hired as an independent contractor. This is not a long term job, and nobody in the company expects you to be there long. -

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

No breaks, terrible work environment, no structure, unprofessional

Income opportunity. 50-60 hours a week to be successful.

Great place to work if you like selling and making money. If you are willing to sacrifice the long hours up front … and you have the right personality you can earn a very high income.

Pros

Income opportunity, fun, etc.

Cons

If you make the calls and actually try to build relationships with clients, you will be successful

Not an inclusive work environment. The managing broker also treats you like an employee rather than an independent contractor. If you are not one of the “favorites” don’t expect to be treated fairly even if you perform well.

Pros

Great money

Cons

Not inclusive

Tough

The culture at this company was good but you definitely are on your own as far as getting started. Don't get me wrong, they train you, but as far as your "team" is concerned, you get almost no help or guidance to get you started.

Pros

Cons

Commision

First job - multiple years with firm

For most agents it's all about what team you join unless you feel accomplished, talented, and driven enough to work on your own or start your own team. Worked there for many years and helped start a team from the bottom, enjoyed success for last 1.75 years after 3 years of struggle. Thought I would be there my whole career.In my last year had a personal matter (break up) cause me slow down my business generation in the summer which I explained to management and my team. At this point I had multiple strong years and current listings and was treated with disdain after this and pushed out. Very traumatic and tough experience to commit years of hard work, help start a team, then lose my job because of a short decline in productivity caused by a personal issue. Its a cutthroat company with ZERO protections for you if you run into problems with a senior agent/personal life.

Pros

Potential Money

Cons

Work life balance

Not a great culture or work environment

The work environment was very stale and strict. I had to go on my lunch break at the same time every day without being able to join co-workers for lunch. I also had to clock in and out every day at the exact same time and hardly ever got to leave a minute early. This was also a while ago, so things may have changed since then.

Pros

I guess a pro would be consistency. I was hardly thrown any curveballs.

Cons

Short breaks and strict schedule, Not much room for advancement in my role even when I went above and beyond expectations.

Highly competitive and intense.

Great place to work, high potential for income. Could ultimately make career out of it if you really push hard and grind it out. Need to push and make it happen.

Productive Workplace.

Marcus & Millichap was a great place to work. The hours at the job are great and you are afforded an opportunity to maintain a great work/life balance. The team I worked with was tremendous and all my teammates, including my manager, uplifted me and provided me with the tools I needed to succeed. The workplace culture was motivating because you're surrounded by talented and professional people who are constantly making deals. I learned a great deal working at Marcus & Millichap.

pretty good vibes

marcus and millachap is a great place to work with a lot of benefits and growth within the 1st year. You might start off slow but your team with sky rocket before you know it

Long hours and little pay

Long hours and little pay. Overtime is expected every week. Pay is good if only worked 40 hour weeks. Boss texts all hours of the day. People I work with are nice and fun.

Pros

Support from Operation & Regional managers

Cons

Pay, Time, Compensation

Competitive environment

Overall, It's a great place to learn a lot about commercial real estate. Excellent Training & Peers. Senior Management really cares about your success. If you endure the commission only pay, you can succeed.

I spent two years in the Orlando office and loved it, didn't mind going to work every day. The only reason I left was relocation, otherwise I'd still be there.

Pros

Flexible management, great work life balance, efforts are appreciated

Great spot

Love the hustle of the team, excellent spot to land an internship. A little crazy in the beginning until you get the swing of things. Some of the work can feel redundant but that's a part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marcus & Millichap. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Marcus & Millichap