Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands Employee Reviews

I was working at the most iconic pool in the world. Catering not less than 3,000 guests in a day. It was crazy busy yet the most fun workplace i had ever been. I had learn how to manage my time and be able to multi-task with myself in one station taking care of atleast 100-150 pax. from taking orders, settling bills and engaging with different guests, different nationalities. The hardest part of the job is walking around the whole outdoor area under the hot sun. But the most enjoyable part is being around during events like National Day, Formula One race and New Years Eve.
Pros
Free Meals (buffet style) and transportation provided
Salary need to revise base on experience not base on papers. Working experience excellent with the training given by managers.. In IN ROOM DINING. Learn on menu details as well.
For foreigners employees not good facilities Lots of problems I faced nobody help you there. If person is married they never give dependant pass for dependent pass you have to earn more than 6500SGD lots of problems I faced there. Hotel is very nice
Pros
Cons
1 hours
Very good company ! But only hiring of management is the problem, they also must train their management more, orient more and monitor more , but still a very good company
Good
Good
Marina bay sands is one of the biggest company that I joined and the longest that I served. I cannot complain on the benefits received nor to the salary. It is very well appreciated and I guess way higher than others. The only thing that concerned me is the promotion for foreign workers and not really observed fairly. It is given with higher regards to locals.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Smoking area
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience working with Marina Bay Sands. It is a multifaceted industry that offers lots of opportunities if you know how to establish inter-departmental relationships and opportunities. It's fast paced has lots of opportunities to learn, grow and establish oneself.
Pros
Free lunches on premises
The environment better there and enjoy work there. I’m work there 6 years almost And this my first time I’ll work Long time I’m my life .. there so many benefits and u can get more knowledge.
Pros
More experienced can get there
Cons
Busy
good salary and benifits. can learn new skill in this company. got a lot for activities that can improve the relationship between team member. food provided by company.
World class menu and staff with amazing ambiance mixed of tradition and modern japanese culture. We’re providing world class service with highly trained staff, sommelier and management.
You are never rewarded for excellent work, 90 hour work weeks with little pay, over managed where they do not even bother to learn your name, the long hours are expected and very rarely are you promoted.
A great place to learn the basics of proper security duties. A place to establish more of security knowledge. Even though it's a large organisation, it's a good platform for every starter to start their security career.
Best place to work. Employee loving and caring company. Management take good care of their employees. Providing the best food for staff. Unlimited food during shift.
Able to meet people from all levels daily. Build up communication skills. Build up bond with regular patrons. Received appreciation from patrons and fellow teammates.
Training at work involve learning games rules and simple calculation. customer service was another crucial factor as well. you learn how to present yourself to public or others as a dealer. management can be quite strict at times when they stress so much on your grooming as well as your skills. workplace culture is quite challenging as getting to know your co workers in the beginning is tough as many come from diverse backgrounds and you really have to focus on what kind of conversation you engage in. hardest part is to mix well within your own group..as there are so many complicated people to deal with. Most enjoyable about the job is the job benefits you get in the job and you get discount to concerts if artiste is holding their events there at marina bay sands
Not for normals. For the brights. Cards handling skills were supurb. Good memories. Ability in people skills is a must. Good Mathematical skills needed.
it is a job that comes with a lot of gnashing of teeth and biting of the tongue. The jobs requires you to keep a calm, collected mind to focus on the task at hand (paying out, dealing the game) whilst a plethora of other things are happening at the same time including but not limited to angry patrons who are shouting and berating you(sometimes racially abusive slurs). It was a fun experience at first but after a while it became obvious the phrase "Team Member" which was repeated and reinforced during orientation was a farce. Whilst a handful of people will try to work together, there is little to no team work.
My experience in MBS had been fruitful i learned alot by everyone there, yes its a fast paced environment to work in but it allows you to execute issue you thought will take days to learn and prepare.
I love the work environment in the MBS mall, but somehow it is a bit inconvenient for me to travel there and food over there is expensive. End of the day I feel i cant really save up for my living as I wanted.
When i started to work at Marina Bay Sands Hotel in SIngapore.The company and the management staff are very professional.they will always do the monthly review for the staff on how to handle the problem to the guest.
Company have a very poor management and wellfare. Staff were already pressured by the patrons and yet the higher management gives more pressure. Good for those who retired in their field or starters.
MBS do not take employee as an asset. They create an environment of fear or fear working culture. They hire and fire people without giving valid justification and no avenue to voice to defence your self. Even you have years of excellent performance they never take into consideration. Conclusion they never appreciate your contribution. Very sad!
  1. Employee Reviews