Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands Employee Reviews in Singapore

Singapore5 reviews
The system there is very professional, everything is provided, briefings are short but very well detailed, managers are very professional, very firm. I love the working environment there as I was able to learn how to cooperate with other colleagues and learn from others. There wasn't any hard part in the job except of the environment, only because I worked in a bar and was not very used to it. Other than that, the experience was very enjoyable! My job would start in the afternoon till the evening. I would work there again if there was another chance
Pros
Most of the things were provided, free transport back home
Cons
Short break, dinner not provided
Corporate welfare is good,but job insecurity.Because at any time terminate the contract.Work environment is dividend into smoking area and non-smoking area.Atmosphere is relaxed,happy and orderly.
Pros
free lunch and late night shift transport
Cons
short break
A typical day at work was pretty smooth, I would come in and determine what needed to be done for the day review it with my manager and coordinate with other team members and departments if needed. I would leave at the same time almost everyday unless of an emergency.
I learned quite a bit about how to manage web content and SEO best practices

My close team of people were awesome

The hardest part of the job was having to explain to other departments that you are here to help them and have them allow you to do that

The most enjoyable part about my job was my team
Ensuring the guests are happy during their stay and assist with their holiday plans. Cross training with other relevant departments. Different types of managers. Dealing with agitated guests. Guests filling up the feedback forms.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Bad scheduling from managers
I worked in In-room Dining department. I worked as a Server and Telephone Sales Associate. A server's task is to serve food to the rooms, and food preparations (kitchen and beverages), while a Telephone Sales Associate accept calls, take orders and receive complains.

On this job, I learn a lot from F&B Industry, specially when I am assigned in the kitchen. The management has been open about their plans about their staff. They provided good benefits both for local (Singaporeans) and Foreign workers. Bonuses, incentives and other perks that really inspires all team members to strive for more and be the best. I guess the most challenging part of working in a hotel is the shifting duty hours, other than that I do not see any other challenges.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and working with people all over the world. I learned a lot from them. I was able to know different cultures, recipes from their countries and I gained friends.
Pros
bonuses, tips, incentives, other perks such as bags, shirts, towels, jackets etc..
Cons
shifting working hours and mandatory overtime during peak seasons.