Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands Employee Reviews for Server

Server10 reviews
Singapore10 reviews
I was working at the most iconic pool in the world. Catering not less than 3,000 guests in a day. It was crazy busy yet the most fun workplace i had ever been. I had learn how to manage my time and be able to multi-task with myself in one station taking care of atleast 100-150 pax. from taking orders, settling bills and engaging with different guests, different nationalities. The hardest part of the job is walking around the whole outdoor area under the hot sun. But the most enjoyable part is being around during events like National Day, Formula One race and New Years Eve.
Pros
Free Meals (buffet style) and transportation provided
Managers great, however colleagues are usually part-timers that do ad-hoc work and thus have little pride in their job. Might be worthwhile trying to appeal to become a permanent part-timer. Pay is good for the market.
You can learn things from working. People there are passionate and friendly. The working environment is pretty good and the food is nice as well. Good memory there.
A typical day at work would be starting off with a meeting with the team about the event.once everyone knows what to do, we have a short break before we go to the kitchen and set it up for the event.Once the event starts, we serve the table that in under our name and make sure our Guest have the best experience in Marina bay sands.After a 8 course meals and guests starts leaving, we have to start removing all settings and renew the hall for the next coming event.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
long standing hours
I am impressed with the magnitude of the staffs present and available everyday, there is a flexible schedule for part-timers and staffs and the work distribution is well managed by the managers as well. The pay is generally good with an hourly wage system then seems up to satisfaction for most part-timers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
little breaks
The hotel itself is beautiful. It is motivating to work in such a nice environment. A lot of physical activity. Different types of service has to be learnt.
Good company and restaurant to working with.
Learning how to handling guest with taking order ,understanding what guest need.

Learning all the food allergy and description.

Happy working environment,just lacking of professional management .The hardest part also as the most enjoyable working area as can learning how to communicate with guest,taking care of guest,complete all the task being given.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Long hours working time
This job allows us to work with friends which is fun and tiring at the same time.

It's tiring as you have you run here and there as MBS is very big, and sometimes you have to carry heavy things. But overall it's always fun because there's always friends around.
There's up and down but get use to it.
Salary and work is fine.

Management is tough,

Everyone is hard working

hardest is to entertain some hard customers.

I love what I do.
Pros
free food
Cons
part time job only as waiter..fun experience but not my dream job