Marriott International, Inc.
Updates from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Management reviews

Singapore66 reviews
Good place to work at
Fun and friendly environment, fast paced job. i learnt a lot about guest relationship management, and customer service. I also learnt about multi-tasking and always being on your toes to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
Wonderful experience
Excellent work environment
Fantastic facilities

Handsome salary packages

Organised management structure
Helpful & co-operative colleagues
Brilliant growth opportunities
Nice place to grow
*Responsible in operational & executive of “specially-hosted”for VVIP such as Head of State & Celebrities.
*Assist the Executive Chef to in-charge of all aspects of Chinese Cuisine within the hotel F&B outlets, BEO meetings & Banquet facilities.

*Responsible fully for the planning & execution of all Chinese Banquet events such as weddings, meetings & social gatherings.

*Responsible for food costing ,duty rooster & leave administration.

*Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene & observe all guidelines pertaining to NEA & HACCP standard.
*To do training with ideas of the cooks in Chinese cuisine & organizing of Chinese food promotions.

*Regulates temperature of combi ovens, cooking wok, Chinese barbecue roasting oven, grills, steams & other cooking equipments.

*High motivation, ability to lead a team & quality fast pace environment.
Company Culture
Hotel is great and people are fantastic however getting manpower in SG is tough.
Great location and product and management is great. Need stable team however, which is the norm in Singapore,
Good direction from dept head and director of team, good place to start
Good place to start for a sales role, see an overview of different possible career progression in the hotel sales role. Fixed working hours in an international brand
Pros
Free lunches, Good starting point, Fixed working hours
empowerment
wonderful place to work, friendly and supportive team members and management, good staff benefits. multicultural environment. customer oriented environment
Pros
Free meals
Cons
lack of promotion opportunities
Fun place and many opportunity for career development
This is an equal employment practices company with many development opportunities and it have given me lots of guidance on handling people's and operation and revenue management.I will definitely still with the growing group like Marriott International.
good working enviroment
a good working environment with supportive fellow workers. employee relationship is fantastic management take care of the staff welfare. enjoying the support of the fellow workers
Pros
meal and uniform provided
productive
Managed the administrative duties of director of cuisine, executive Chef and kitchen section heads, the F&B management employee’s details, stock of office supplies, appointments for Director and Executive Chef, attended and take minutes of all scheduled F&B meeting
Pros
free meals
Productive and fun workplace
Fantastic workplace.
Good welfare for staff.

Lots of travel opportunities.

Lots of skills upgrading opportunities.

Work recognition and rewards.

Supportive management.
Good career growth opportunity
Pros
Good learning ground
Cons
Salary too low
Challenging and dynamic
Commitment is required especially for a starting up new hotel.
Strong management system
international brands
memberships worldwide

Secure

Being independent is important.

Guests are the most fun part of the job.
Pros
Laundry and meals
Cons
Require more manpower
Work Environment
Working as a receptionist is like being in the battle field on a daily basis. A lot of people think that it's an easy job but behind the desk it really isn't. Flexibility and passion worked my way to "credibility". I have learned things such as; attention to smallest details, flexibility, pacifying guest, emphathizing, handling complaints, emotional stability, strategizing, building relationshipa and professionalism.

Managment wise, I feel like in every property, in every country there is a difference as to how people manage their associates.
And as for my current Job, I am delighted to have a management that is always on top of the game. It makes me eager to work on my shortcomings and just be flawless on every shift. On the other note, making friends at working and keeping a good relationship with my colleagues is not a problem for me. After all, work is work.

The hasrdest part of the job is beating your ownself! Growth can only be achieved when you beat your best enemy, which is no other than you. It is an everyday challenge that you wake up to and in my opinion it is always thrilling to learn new things but it is also the hardest as you just keep on gaging yourself more and more each day. On contrary, the most enjoyable part is when you feel utterly satisfied with what you have done. Or simply when you make a guest happy and you can just see the satsfaction written all over their face.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Low Salary
A great working experience with good benefits
I am assigned as a Hostess in the Wet Pool area. I am the first point of contact of the guests at W Hotel. It was great working there because of you are able to meet a different people.
During my stay in W Hotel I was able to learn how to basic bartender and I was able to enhance my multi tasking skills.
The management was kinda difficult to deal with because in the F&B Industry you know that there are a lot of "boss" you have to obey but it was not a big issue on my part because I am flexible and easy to get a long with.
I had no problem working with my co-workers because as a team you have to be open minded and you should have a give and take relationship for a successful team.

The hardest part of working in Wet Pool Area is that you are working under the sun and you are still working under the rain.

The most enjoyable part is working everyday and meeting new & old guests and working with my colleagues.
Pros
Free food in the hotel
Cons
Working under the sun & rain
Productive and fun workplace
- Fun and exciting
- It takes teamwork to get the job done

- Supportive management
- Supportive and kind co-workers
- When there are no rooms for guest due to full house occupancy

- When guest/s appreciate us and thank us for their great stay
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fun workplace as I work at graveyard hours with a lady partner.
Typical work day in and out, we handle ledgers, figures, prudential in work, reports. I learned to be more careful and always alert. My partner is helpful and we work well together. The hardest part of the job is there is no correction or amendment that could be done as if one move made is a mistake, then all figures wrong or perhaps there is discrepancies and we are answerable to the account department and other department of the hotel as well. The most enjoyable part is we enjoy the staff gatherings if there is any function that the management made for the hotel staffs and we enjoy the staff benefits.
Pros
Free dinner, supper, meal or staff meal.
Cons
If a mistake done, we happen to face discrepancy and answerable to the Account Department.
Nice
Nice work place and culture
Kind-hearted colleagues

Good Management Team
Pros
5 star pantry
Cons
Finance dept works long hour
Great work culture, strong associate caring culture
* Given great authority to drive TA strategy
* Strong management support
* Conducive work environment with good co-workers
* Lean support, must be prepared to roll up sleeves, lack of admin support

* Expansion growth in APAC
Pros
great travellng perks, stay at great hotels
Cons
to be discussed
vicissitudes of life
* working five days a week, nine and hald hour a day.
* get to train better skill on production of cake and dessert, learn new type of dessert, different skills, different way to achieve better result.

* management in our department not that good, head of department never know what happen to us, although after telling him, will never take action on it and make us feel kinda sad and disappointed,
* co-workers in our kitchen some are kind and team worker, but there are still some helpless and politic colleague.
* hardest part of job, hard to built the spirit of cooperation.

* the most enjoyable part was the event make on certain holiday to let the associate to enjoy example, christmas there are small fun fair for us to play and win some snack, chinese new year receive blessing from GM, lucky draw on Annual dinner and no one will miss a gift.
Pros
free meals, provide worker gym & entertainment room, shower and locker.