Marriott International, Inc.
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Marriott International, Inc. Salary & Benefits reviews

Singapore68 reviews
Great employee benefits and personal growth opportunities. Opportunities to travel for trainings and task force. There are a lot of e-learnings and system trainings available for self improvement.
Excellent work environment
Fantastic facilities

Handsome salary packages
Organised management structure
Helpful & co-operative colleagues

Brilliant growth opportunities
Good place to start for a sales role, see an overview of different possible career progression in the hotel sales role. Fixed working hours in an international brand
Pros
Free lunches, Good starting point, Fixed working hours
Cons
Managing stalls and i learnt how to do cashiering. Hardest part of the job was having no work life balance. Enjoyable part was to be able to work with friends
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
Good team work, Good leadership. good and fun working place. work life balance for all staff and canteen meal is given to all full timer and part timer
wonderful place to work, friendly and supportive team members and management, good staff benefits. multicultural environment. customer oriented environment
Pros
Free meals
Cons
lack of promotion opportunities
It is not so balance in the working lifestyle.Meed to be more strict in attendance and be more fair towards the workers.Need to improve the team spirut too.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Some are not punctual.
It is good for workers nd the our experience will be increse nd each and every staff is very frndly nd very cometataive and its the interlationl compaly every one licks to do a job..
Pros
Food and acomedation
Cons
Heltcare
It was indeed a seven years of great opportunity and memory created with the company. " Takes good care of the associates so that associates will take good care of the guests" is really proven when you join the Marriott Hotel company. Highly recommended!
Pros
There are a lot of benefits for foreign worker
a good working environment with supportive fellow workers. employee relationship is fantastic management take care of the staff welfare. enjoying the support of the fellow workers
Pros
meal and uniform provided
Cons
Working with Starwood have taught me to be focus with achieving sales target. I learned how to handle different types of callers as well as difficult customers on the phone, making reservations for customers in both Asia and Australia and communicating effectively with hotel reservations department.

The hardest part of the job for me sometimes is achieving sales target. There is always coaching sessions to help improve on our sales techniques and colleagues are very supportive and helpful. It is a positive work environment. Managers and colleagues work alongside each there which makes communication easier.
Pros
Hotels and medical benefits
Cons
Long commute
Fantastic workplace.
Good welfare for staff.

Lots of travel opportunities.

Lots of skills upgrading opportunities.

Work recognition and rewards.

Supportive management.

Good career growth opportunity
Pros
Good learning ground
Cons
Salary too low
Iam looking for job as soon as possible thank you so much for your coorporation. I will learn more at this marriott hotel and giving a good service to make this company to be proud
Pros
Free meals
Cons
8 hours and looking for over time too
Working as a receptionist is like being in the battle field on a daily basis. A lot of people think that it's an easy job but behind the desk it really isn't. Flexibility and passion worked my way to "credibility". I have learned things such as; attention to smallest details, flexibility, pacifying guest, emphathizing, handling complaints, emotional stability, strategizing, building relationshipa and professionalism.

Managment wise, I feel like in every property, in every country there is a difference as to how people manage their associates. And as for my current Job, I am delighted to have a management that is always on top of the game. It makes me eager to work on my shortcomings and just be flawless on every shift. On the other note, making friends at working and keeping a good relationship with my colleagues is not a problem for me. After all, work is work.

The hasrdest part of the job is beating your ownself! Growth can only be achieved when you beat your best enemy, which is no other than you. It is an everyday challenge that you wake up to and in my opinion it is always thrilling to learn new things but it is also the hardest as you just keep on gaging yourself more and more each day. On contrary, the most enjoyable part is when you feel utterly satisfied with what you have done. Or simply when you make a guest happy and you can just see the satsfaction written all over their face.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Low Salary
Learn how to take trays, set up nicely, how to pour tea, wine, soft drinks in a polite way. Learn how to handle customers. Enjoy being there because they have fun working mates.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
it was my part time when i was doing my ITE. i worked there for very long. After my school i rushed to go to work to get my school fees and for my pocket money.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
far
Typical work day in and out, we handle ledgers, figures, prudential in work, reports. I learned to be more careful and always alert. My partner is helpful and we work well together. The hardest part of the job is there is no correction or amendment that could be done as if one move made is a mistake, then all figures wrong or perhaps there is discrepancies and we are answerable to the account department and other department of the hotel as well. The most enjoyable part is we enjoy the staff gatherings if there is any function that the management made for the hotel staffs and we enjoy the staff benefits.
Pros
Free dinner, supper, meal or staff meal.
Cons
If a mistake done, we happen to face discrepancy and answerable to the Account Department.
After school over, I used to work part time. this is one of my part time jobs. this job place is not nice. managers are not good , not friendly and not kind to part time workers.