Marriott International, Inc.
Marriott International, Inc. Employee Review

Very organised.

March 10, 2018
The managers get all the servers in that night at 5 or 6 pm before the events. They divided us into small groups with one group leader. The leaders would tell us about which areas we are serving in that night and our responsibilities. After the event, we will clean the hall. We finished our jobs around 12 to 2am. I was always exhausted every time I worked there. However, I got to see a lots of big events there such as the annual dinner of magazines, big weddings and big dinner for celebrating Korean national day.Those events amazed me and opened my mind.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Long working hours;
September 16, 2017
Same role
Part Time Waiter (Former Employee) - Sentosa
W-hotel is a place where i can call it home. A place where you can have fun and work at the same time. People are Friendly and helpful. The task given to me as A part time captain was challenging as i was in-charge of half the ballroom where i have to over look over 20staffs making sure everything us going in order . But the biggest issue was the guest as the guest paid quite a huge amount for the hotel so we have to provide our besg service that we can ever give. And usually working in W-hotel we were 12hours a day which is from 4pm to 4am in the morning is long working hours but it have mentally prep me for the future work life just like cetris cisco
Pros
Free meals, shuttle bus
Cons
distance
November 25, 2015
Same roleSame location
Trainee Waiter (Former Employee) - singapore
Worked as trainee waiter inSingapore Marriott Hotel for three months, where I used to prepare breakfast
buffet area in Marriott Cafe, Taking Orders, Serving Guest, Preparing Mise en place, worked as runner,

making and serving cafe and wines
Pros
all good
Cons
all good
July 25, 2020
Same location
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) - Singapore
Great employee benefits and personal growth opportunities. Opportunities to travel for trainings and task force. There are a lot of e-learnings and system trainings available for self improvement.