Marriott International, Inc.
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Singapore67 reviews
jobs that require mentally and physically fit, to make the stay of the guest more memorable. Shift work, require strong teamwork, knowledge will gain day by day
The managers get all the servers in that night at 5 or 6 pm before the events. They divided us into small groups with one group leader. The leaders would tell us about which areas we are serving in that night and our responsibilities. After the event, we will clean the hall. We finished our jobs around 12 to 2am. I was always exhausted every time I worked there. However, I got to see a lots of big events there such as the annual dinner of magazines, big weddings and big dinner for celebrating Korean national day.Those events amazed me and opened my mind.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Long working hours;
In this hotel line I learn how to be professional the best part is to serve the guest and can meet different type of community and the most enjoyable time is to have some knowledge about the wines and food...
Pros
Free foods in cafe
Cons
Over time always there and flexible time of working
This is an equal employment practices company with many development opportunities and it have given me lots of guidance on handling people's and operation and revenue management.I will definitely still with the growing group like Marriott International.
Excellent learning opportunity and great mentors to learn with. Take away is the great culture and excellent service standards. Dealing with difficult customers are challenging but interesting as I learned to managed along the course of work.
Pros
Free meals & uniform
Cons
Rotating shifts
廚房裡的每一位師傅都很好相處
如果遇到困難或是不懂的地方

大家很會很熱心的幫忙

不會把你丟在一邊不理你

即使他們也不會但他們也是會幫忙想解決辦法
W-hotel is a place where i can call it home. A place where you can have fun and work at the same time. People are Friendly and helpful. The task given to me as A part time captain was challenging as i was in-charge of half the ballroom where i have to over look over 20staffs making sure everything us going in order . But the biggest issue was the guest as the guest paid quite a huge amount for the hotel so we have to provide our besg service that we can ever give. And usually working in W-hotel we were 12hours a day which is from 4pm to 4am in the morning is long working hours but it have mentally prep me for the future work life just like cetris cisco
Pros
Free meals, shuttle bus
Cons
distance
It is good for workers nd the our experience will be increse nd each and every staff is very frndly nd very cometataive and its the interlationl compaly every one licks to do a job..
Pros
Food and acomedation
Cons
Heltcare
非常好希望你会继续下去让我们将多一点钱 请问你们会推出更好的赚钱的方式 可以让我们真的工作 非常好奇你们继续下去 希望你们会退休更新的方法更好赚钱的方式
It was indeed a seven years of great opportunity and memory created with the company. " Takes good care of the associates so that associates will take good care of the guests" is really proven when you join the Marriott Hotel company. Highly recommended!
Pros
There are a lot of benefits for foreign worker
a good working environment with supportive fellow workers. employee relationship is fantastic management take care of the staff welfare. enjoying the support of the fellow workers
Pros
meal and uniform provided
Cons
Managed the administrative duties of director of cuisine, executive Chef and kitchen section heads, the F&B management employee’s details, stock of office supplies, appointments for Director and Executive Chef, attended and take minutes of all scheduled F&B meeting
Pros
free meals
Cons
Working with Starwood have taught me to be focus with achieving sales target. I learned how to handle different types of callers as well as difficult customers on the phone, making reservations for customers in both Asia and Australia and communicating effectively with hotel reservations department.

The hardest part of the job for me sometimes is achieving sales target. There is always coaching sessions to help improve on our sales techniques and colleagues are very supportive and helpful. It is a positive work environment. Managers and colleagues work alongside each there which makes communication easier.
Pros
Hotels and medical benefits
Cons
Long commute
Coperative team member which is key for success in the long run. Out team demonstrate this criteria. From different nationalities, we still able to work well together.
Fantastic workplace.
Good welfare for staff.

Lots of travel opportunities.

Lots of skills upgrading opportunities.

Work recognition and rewards.

Supportive management.

Good career growth opportunity
Pros
Good learning ground
Cons
Salary too low
its a place were you will learn more things on how to be independent by the guidancne of our F&B Managers.working in this environment, is a challenge on how to think out from the box and to be more creative.
Iam looking for job as soon as possible thank you so much for your coorporation. I will learn more at this marriott hotel and giving a good service to make this company to be proud
Pros
Free meals
Cons
8 hours and looking for over time too
Commitment is required especially for a starting up new hotel.
Strong management system

international brands

memberships worldwide

Secure

Being independent is important.

Guests are the most fun part of the job.
Pros
Laundry and meals
Cons
Require more manpower
Working as a receptionist is like being in the battle field on a daily basis. A lot of people think that it's an easy job but behind the desk it really isn't. Flexibility and passion worked my way to "credibility". I have learned things such as; attention to smallest details, flexibility, pacifying guest, emphathizing, handling complaints, emotional stability, strategizing, building relationshipa and professionalism.

Managment wise, I feel like in every property, in every country there is a difference as to how people manage their associates. And as for my current Job, I am delighted to have a management that is always on top of the game. It makes me eager to work on my shortcomings and just be flawless on every shift. On the other note, making friends at working and keeping a good relationship with my colleagues is not a problem for me. After all, work is work.

The hasrdest part of the job is beating your ownself! Growth can only be achieved when you beat your best enemy, which is no other than you. It is an everyday challenge that you wake up to and in my opinion it is always thrilling to learn new things but it is also the hardest as you just keep on gaging yourself more and more each day. On contrary, the most enjoyable part is when you feel utterly satisfied with what you have done. Or simply when you make a guest happy and you can just see the satsfaction written all over their face.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Low Salary
Learned all the Standards and molded me to strive for being a manager. I had lots of fun working with my Colleagues and truly we are helping each other
I am assigned as a Hostess in the Wet Pool area. I am the first point of contact of the guests at W Hotel. It was great working there because of you are able to meet a different people.
During my stay in W Hotel I was able to learn how to basic bartender and I was able to enhance my multi tasking skills. The management was kinda difficult to deal with because in the F&B Industry you know that there are a lot of "boss" you have to obey but it was not a big issue on my part because I am flexible and easy to get a long with.

I had no problem working with my co-workers because as a team you have to be open minded and you should have a give and take relationship for a successful team.

The hardest part of working in Wet Pool Area is that you are working under the sun and you are still working under the rain.

The most enjoyable part is working everyday and meeting new & old guests and working with my colleagues.
Pros
Free food in the hotel
Cons
Working under the sun & rain
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
9.8K